OP Offline
Pulitzer
laugh laugh laugh
laugh

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
and violent ear-rings
rotflol rotflol This story even has the cat in the bag!

The parrots are sitting in the ficus tree
rotflol

Then Clark's superhearing kicks him and he hears a call "Help Superman!" that only he can hear because of his superpowers. He is erect and ready at once.
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

How long did it take you to recover from writing this?

PS--
A Day at the Metroplis Pet Store by...
Whooo... I have to agree with Paul here, this looks like a disguise. No obvious British or American spelling; Clark's wearing a jumper at one point, not a sweater, but that could be a red herring. However, based on the Blackadder reference, I'm going to plump for the noble EIC herself: LabRat.
Ok, I'm sure I've scored very badly, but what the hey. Thanks, Lynn!

Mere
As CC says,
A Day at the Metropolis Pet Store by...a diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. (Or Lynn)

Ok, so we’re looking for someone diabolically clever and fiendish, as well as evil enough for world domination.
Yep, fiendish!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Merriwether
Merriwether
My eyes! My eyes! I hope you have insurance, young lady, because I'm going to need hospitalization after this. <g>

Badfic isn't as easy to write as it looks, is it? LOL, but you sure did it proud. <g>

Kathy

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
clap

The recurring line Mary quoted had me rofling every time I met it. As well as the rest of the story, in fact rotflol This story was just *so* much fun! rotflol

See ya,
AnnaBtG. rotflol

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
"What are you going to call him" Lois finishes endlessly.
I could quote this piece forever. So dense and rich, and I still can't get through it without giggling helplessly. Also, I could never have managed this in a million years.

Diabolical and fiendish, indeed. Can't tell you well enough how much I love this!

Oh, and I only noticed that he changes t-shirts right in the middle of it on last read. You packed so much in there. Just...awesome.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Features Writer
Features Writer
hillarious...

thumbsup

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol

Absolutely hilarious and a great badfic. Good job, Meredith! And I can't believe I missed the biggest clue in all this... there was a *ficus tree* so it should have made me think about you... ah well, the story still gives me a good laugh.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, no one actually attempted to kill me for writing this, which was a bit of a surprise. laugh Not that I'm not grateful, you understand... Even more so that you managed to enjoy the humour!

How long did it take you to recover from writing this?
I'll let you know if it happens, Toc. I'm no longer getting the nightmares, but when I see a kitten my eyes still cross, and I have to put a paper bag over my head and break out the emergency chocolate... wink

And no, Kathy - it was nowhere near as easy to write as I thought it was going to be! Especially searching for the hundredth Tom Swifty! :p

Saskia - yes, I did leave a few clues lying around - the ficus, the jumper, the Blackadder allusion ("antidiestablishmentarianism") and the fact that the Mary Sue was an elec eng - but I imagine it's hard to concentrate on clues when your brain's trying to strangle you for reading this sort of stuff. wink

Thanks again, everyone, for enjoying it! party

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry I'm late here. Been really wonky lately due to odd sleep patterns, and haven't been able to really read. Not sure whether or not this was a good place to start up again...

Anyway, let me tell you a little story. A few years ago, I used to get together with some friends to hang out and play roleplaying games. The point wasn't so much to play the game as it was to have something fun to do while hanging out with friends. So, we never really took the games seriously. One of my first characters was Supamon, the Jamaican of Tomorrow, the Man of Steel Drums. In a later game, I played Rex, an anthropomorphic blind dog with a seeing eye monkey.

During a later game, we somehow got into something of a pun war. Someone would make a joke, and then others would make up a joke to punish the first one, and then someone else would have to punish *that* person, and so on. At the time, I was playing Benni Hana, a roving warrior/chef who, like Jackie Chan, was known for using random objects as improvised weapons.

At one point during the game, we were inside the bad guy's palace, facing off against him and a bunch of his eunich thugs (sadly, they were not wearing red hats). I was about to announce my attempt to hit two of the thugs with a flying double kick when one of my teammates took out the bad guy in a suprise move. My intended actions became moot, but I still had to tell the room of my plan to use a dual boot system to send eunichs crashing through windows.

Later in the game, we blew up an evil fortress. We were standing in the forest outside the ruins when we were ambushed by another enemy. I asked the GM if there were any groundhogs around who had perhaps been dazed by the recent blast.

"No," he said hastily. "There are no woodland creatures, dazed or otherwise."

"Darn."

"Okay, I know I'm going to regret this, but why were you looking for dazed groundhogs?"

"Because I wanted to see if I could fight with numb woodchucks!"

This utterance was quickly blocked out of my fellow gamers' memories. No one dared attempt retribution.

Now, I just read this:

They walked to the Metropolis Pet Store and looked in the window. Pushing the door open, the animals inside greeted them with howls, barks, grunts and hisses. The shop is quiet because most people stayed in bed Saturday morning but there are six people there, one of them is a foreign student studying electrical engineering at the Metropolis University she is very intelligent with long curly blonde hair and flashing green eyes and violent ear-rings on a scholarship she looks at Clark's muscular legs in his shorts and thinks about being his girlfriend and he notices and likes her hair but he only has eyes for his partner, Lois Lane of the Daily Planet that he works with. She is buying food for her fishes.
Meredith, I am in awe.

This was absolutely hilarious.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go clean my brain.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
eek laugh notworthy notworthy

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Mere

ROTFLMAO!!! smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, Paul, Rat and Tricia! blush

/me hands out mental Brillo pads wink

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard