Woohoo! I guessed one right!!! And I'm in such august company guessing it, too! laugh

So, with some trepidation, I'm going to kick off the reposting binge. Here, for the first time under the author's name (and slightly edited since last posted, just to confuse you), is...

A Day At The Metropolis Pet Store
By Meredith Knight

Its Saturday morning in Metropolis and Superman is streaking across the sky. He has just put out another big fire and he is very happy. <<Another job well-done by Superman>>, thinks Clark to himself pensively. Then he remembered its the weekend and suddenly its like the rain has started, <<no sight of Lois 'til another two days is passed>> he remembers sadly.

But, wait, his supervision can see a family figure on the street with the long dark hair bobbing like he loves and chocolate brown eyes and her hips underrated;<< what is she doing I'd better check she is safe>> Clark ponders worryingly. He streaks down into a dark ally and spinning on the spot his clothes appear like magic. <<I wonder if she will be pleased to see me >> He wonders mentally.

Hurrying up the street the passer byes saw a tall man with untidy short brown hair, it is too long but not alot, and he looks gorgeous in his black tee shirt and tight black jeans. Any of the girls is proud to be his girlfriend but he only had eyes for his partner, Lois Lane of the Daily Planet that he works with. One day he thinks they will be wed and she will be gravid with his five children but that's in the future.

Soon he spied her and runs to her side with superspeed. "Clark where did you come from?", she squeaks hastily. She wasn't expecting to see her partner, Clark Kent of the Daily Planet that she works with, because it is Saturday. "I am just coming out to buy the paper Lois" Clark utters happily because they are together at last.

"What are you doing out today, it is Saturday?" he continues quickly. "I've decided to get a pet Clark" returns Lois immediately. "You can come with me to the Metropolis Pet Store and advice me about pets, don't you have lots of animals in Smallvile Kansas where you come from?" she asks additionally. She pointed around the corner to the Metropolis Pet Store six blocks away. Clark is looking very handsome in his white shirt with his dark brown hair curling over the collar. "As you wish" he responds agreeably.

They walked to the Metropolis Pet Store and looked in the window. Pushing the door open, the animals inside greeted them with howls, barks, grunts and hisses. The shop is quiet because most people stayed in bed Saturday morning but there are six people there, one of them is a foreign student studying electrical engineering at the Metropolis University she is very intelligent with long curly blonde hair and flashing green eyes and violent ear-rings on a scholarship she looks at Clark's muscular legs in his shorts and thinks about being his girlfriend and he notices and likes her hair but he only has eyes for his partner, Lois Lane of the Daily Planet that he works with. She is buying food for her fishes.

"What are you doing Lois?" Clark checks curiously, "I am looking at these kittens Clark they are so adorable?" Lois states lovingly. The kittens purr and one wags it's tail, it likes her to. "That one has brown eyes just like you're ones Clark." Lois notices observantly. The store keeper adds hastily "Those kittens are chocolate point Siamese pedigreed kittens, they are four weeks old but they're eyes will be opened soon." "Their usually very dear but today there on special just for you missy" the storekeeper informs helpfully, he has fallen in love with Lois' chocolate brown eyes. "Mmmm, chocolate" Lois growls sweetly. She picks up the kitten who's tail is wagging and peaks at it. Clark looks at her peaks and thinks she is as cute as the kitten, no cuter. "What do you think Clark" she requests politely. "Is it a boy kitten or a girl kitten? " Lois goes on questioningly. "Its a boy kitten." The store-keeper continues immediately. Lois puts the kitten on Clarks shoulder, it hooks it's claws into his jumper which his mother knitted for his birthday on May 26, that is not the day he was born because his parent's didn't know but when he landed in Schuster's Field in Smallville Kansas twenty seven years before he came to Metropolis in a space ship. Lois looks up into Clark's handsome face with the hair that flops over his forehead and his chocolate eyes are melting. "I will take that kitten" she decides firmly. "What will you call it Lois" Clark interrogates beseechingly. "Lois isn't sure why but she interpolates gaily," I will call it Dean.

The store keeper packs Lois purchases in a bag and their going to go but a bark catches Clark's eye. They're in the corner next to the parrot cage was a dark cage with one puppy in. He looks at Clark and Clark looks at him with his supervision and he has chocolate brown eyes just like Lois. "How much is that doggy in the window" Clark pleads hopefully to the storekeeper. "She is an hundred dollars but she has a sore leg so I cant sell him you can have her for five American dollars and 99 cents," answers the store-keeper specially. Clark goes to the corner and picks up the doggy, Lois follows him. The parrots are sitting in the ficus tree one looks at Lois and says a rude word, Clark puts his hands over Lois' ears. "What did it say Clark I didn't understand" Lois mouths softly. "I can speak 352 languages Lois but I'm not gonna translate what it said"! Clark refuses gradually and Lois is grateful he is protecting her.

Clark is still holding the puppy, it looks at Lois and she notices it has dark brown puppy eyes just like Clark. "Look Clark!" she cries instantly. "The puppy has eyes just like you're eyes," she explains informatively. "What are you going to call him" Lois finishes endlessly. "I don't know why but I think I will call her Teri" he reacts selectively.

Then Clark's superhearing kicks him and he hears a call "Help Superman!" that only he can hear because of his superpowers. He is erect and ready at once. "Lois I have forgotten my appointment to return my cheese of the month shipment" he declares meekly and before Lois can say "antidisestablishmentarianism" he was gone. Lois did not notice the sonic boom of his passage. <<I wish he had stopped running away like he always does,>> Lois wishes plaintively. <<I guess I will see him again on Monday because he is my partner Clark Kent of the Daily Planet that I work with>> she mused thoughtfully.

The Beginning.

/me hastily dons kevlar/asbestos suit - bless these modern fabrics - and covers her head with both hands

Mere devil

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge