Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
A trip to San Francisco (sigh). How romantic. Clark may not want to think of Lois as his girlfriend, but any red-blooded woman around Clark/Superman would be thinking it!!

The British influence is apparent, Wendy, with the "straight away" comment! In America, we would say "right away". The Brits really make the English language sound so much more glamorous!

Poor Clark having to worry about how hard he kisses or hugs someone he loves. My heart goes out to him.

Continue...straight away!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Columnist
Columnist
More, more, more, more, more! Please?

I know I sound pathetic, but my spirits need to be lifted.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Nice one! Poor Clark though! He needs to find out just how safe he can be. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
He’d finally come to the conclusion that he obviously resembled Claude in some way. He probably looked like the guy, and perhaps he’d even - in some superficial way - behaved like him as well. If that was so, he could hardly blame her for reacting badly
D'uh..OK how WRONG can you be?? Um...I think we need the handy dandy 2x4!!

And that was the main reason why any thoughts of Lois as more than a friend were out of the question. Even if she was willing to consider him, a being from another planet, in the light of a boyfriend - which he knew would be very unlikely, despite her early crush on Superman, since after all he knew that she hadn't even considered the consequences of a relationship - he could never risk her safety. As anything more than a friend, he was a danger to her. It was as simple as that.
Oh no, poor Clark mecry

Loving this story...looking forward to more!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Merriwether
Merriwether
And twice already, when she'd been so focused on her work that she'd let her coffee go cold, she'd simply brought the mug over to him and given him an expectant look, demanding that he heat it up for her.
LOL!! I love that part!

After that, he'd always been very careful. On the rare occasions when he'd kissed a woman since, he'd touched them very lightly [...] He was never going to risk hurting anyone ever again.
Oh, poor Clark!! Never being able to give a good hug or share one b/c of a fear.

I am really looking forward to the next part and the eventual climax of the story, whenever that shall be!!!!! Please keep it up! Thank you for the story!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Another typical Wendy fic instalment. wink

Let's see, Lois is convinced that they could never be anything more than friends and Clark continues to think that Lois has no interest in more than friendship with an 'alien'. Gosh! I wonder how many pages they will continue to think like that? wink

Actually, I do really like the fact that Clark does worry about 'losing control' in the throes of passion and injuring or killing his partner. It's an idea that has been seldom touched upon in Superman lore.

Buckle up, I'd say we're in for a roller coaster ride of angsty misunderstanding and lunkheadedness. (Well, Duh!)

Tank (who for some reason liked Lois' expectation that Clark would warm up her cold coffee with his heat vision gizmo)

Kerth
Kerth
Good part Wendy! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wendy wrote
They'd passed the Cannery; Clark ushered her across the road and through a grassy area, then gestured ahead. "I wanted to take you to the best place I could think of. And there's nowhere better than Ghirardelli's."

I've been there! Oh, their chocolate is to die for, often wink

So, lunkheadedness is still a going concern, on both their parts. I can see MANY pages devoted to this.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
The angst goes marching in and in, hurrah, hurrah...

I like the twist of his actually having had a bad experience (Lana) as opposed to vague worries.

Poor guy - everyone needs to learn how to manage their growing limbs when they are young... it would make sense that someone who had recently developed all these powers would have 'issues' and mishaps!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Tsk, tsk. Wendy, Wendy, Wendy. What kind of ideas are you putting in these poor kids' heads?

Lois is sure that she's unlovable and that romance will destroy any and all friendship. Clark is sure that no-one can love an alien, but taht's a moot point because he can't risk hurting anybody like he did Lana.

So who's going to be the one to pursue the relationship?!? You better get some meddling Perry or busybody Jimmy stuff in here! :p

Oh, and add another vote for liking Lois's expectation that Clark would heat her coffee!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was gonna say "poor Clark" and "what a lunkhead" but that's been covered as well as "Great Story"

Hmmm, so I think I'll just keep reading and hopefully get my two cents in on the next FDK between moving and work.

BTW...great story, poor Clark, what a lunkhead
evil

TEEEEEJ

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Seems like everyone else said what I wanted to except...

I found a small glitch:

Clark laughed again and caught Lois's hand, tugging him after her. She followed, still baffled as to what he was up to, but willing to follow his direction.
I think you meant "tugging her after him", although I know that Lois likes to be in control, which made me laugh at the idea that Lois was "willing to follow his direction". How unlike Lois wink but at least she'll get the best ice-cream date ever. drool

Will you take us along on the touristy think in San Francisco or are you leaving it to our imagination? I vote for take us along. goofy

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just a quick response... Whoops!! Thanks, Gerry! That one somehow slipped past...

And, James, so have I! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A wonderful part! smile1 Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark laughed again and caught Lois's hand, tugging him after her. She followed, still baffled as to what he was up to, but willing to follow his direction.
Yeah, I wonder about that too. I just thought Lois was having such a good time w/ him that she didn't mind w/ him. I thought it was cute.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Blogger
Blogger
Ooh! I love Ghiradelli! Haven't been in a while! Time to take a ride to SF and eat some ice cream! Mmm... Maybe do a little shopping!

Hmm... I wonder where Lois will go for her touristy thing? There's great shopping a Union Square! Or, they could go check out the Forts (I think it's Fort Point under the bridge) Or, go to the gardens at Golden Gate Park? Or, walk up Lombard Street? Great exercise before Chinese food!

Looking forward to part 3!

Clark's Gal
Top Banana
Top Banana
I didn't have a chance to post FDK for part 1, but Wendy, I loved both parts.

I love how you created an early friendship where Lois knows and yet no romantic feelings are involved. Well, okay, they are, but what I mean is Clark doesn't know, so it's not out in the open the way it was with Superman. Nice comfy friendship.

And since we're won't have to go through a revelation, I expect a lot of angst to make up for it.

I won't say anything about posting quickly, because it's been said. I'll just be tearing my hair out, quietly to myself. goofy

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mmmm, I love this - a fresh look at what it would be like getting to know Clark for the first time, and this time knowing he's Superman. Wow! Only trouble is... I'm so jealous of Lois I can hardly see straight! :p

On with the show, then! smile
Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you for all your wonderful comments on part 2! I'm so glad you all seem to be enjoying this so far. smile

Yes, I've been to San Francisco, and I had a sundae at Ghiradelli's café in Ghirardelli Square - all in the interests of research, of course! goofy I even brought back one of their menu leaflets so I could be sure of getting the ingredients for Lois's sundae just right. wink

Will you get the tourist trail in Part 3? Just a little - I'm not a great fan of 'travelogues', so you'll see more of Lois and Clark than you will of San Francisco. Hope you like it anyway. smile

Tank said:
Let's see, Lois is convinced that they could never be anything more than friends and Clark continues to think that Lois has no interest in more than friendship with an 'alien'. Gosh! I wonder how many pages they will continue to think like that?
Tank, my friend. This is me. Need you ask? :rolleyes:

Part 3 coming up shortly!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard