Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know, this would be alot easier if, rather than a 'fill-in-the-blank', this were a matching test. You know, give us 10 stories and 10 authors, and have us match them up.

There are so many great authors out there, that trying to decide who wrote these 10 stories is next to impossible. But, I'll take a stab at it. Here goes...

Between a Rock and a Hard Place by... I'm going to say Paul. It is just the quirky sort of thing he might come up with, right down to the title.

Clark's Pet Peeve by... Wanda Detroit. I don't know why.

A Day at the Metroplis Pet Store by... Aaarg! This one is tough. (Very funny, btw, whoever did this! thumbsup ) For some reason, I'm thinking maybe Lynn?

Lois and That Cat by... Ummm, no idea, whatsoever. Just because it has a nice little story going here, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say Nan.

Lois and the Cat by... OK, everyone seems to agree this is CC, so I'll go along with that.

The Pet Bet by... Another wonderful story - the characterization is right on, and the whole idea of Lois killing her virtual pet, repeatedly, is clap . So, who wrote this? I'm going to go with Mary.

That's All it Takes by... OK, this is where we replay the scene from the Princess Bride. Wendy wouldn't write this, because it would be too obvious. But, Wendy might write this, knowing we would think she didn't, because it is too obvious. But, if she thought that we would suspect that she was devious enough to try to trick us... OK, OK, enough! I say... Wendy!

Waiting for Superman by... I'm saying this was not written by an American, only because of the use of the adjective "quite". I'd be more likely to say someone was "really safe" or "completely safe" or something along that line, rather than that they were "quite safe". I could be wrong about this, but at this point, I'm grabbing for any straw of a clue I can find! So, since that leaves about half of the authors left to choose from, I guess it doesn't help much, at that. Oh, well. I'd say Wendy, but since I picked her above, I'll go with Yvonne.

Still Life with Python by... OK, this seems like Mary. I know I picked her above, too, but I can't think of anyone else, so I'm picking Mary again here.

Dance with a Stranger by... Again, not a clue. I'm going to go with Meredith. (Don't ask me why, it's just a wild guess.)

So, for what it's worth, those are my guesses.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hmm - this was tough but definitely enjoyable. Never one to back down from a challenge - I'm as willing as others to make a total and complete fool of myself! wink

Between a Rock and a Hard Place by...Jen (Shadow) maybe? - the Kryptonite at the end was absolutely hysterical and reminds me of other Jen stories
Clark's Pet Peeve by...I have no idea on this one - IreneD? weren't there other Cat stories by Irene in the past?
A Day at the Metroplis Pet Store by...pass on this - the style seems familiar but I can't place it :rolleyes:
Lois and That Cat by...Wendy? Nan? Labrat? the "to be continued" seems to imply each of these writers - hmm - final answer: Wendy
Lois and the Cat by...CC?
The Pet Bet by...I think this is KathyB.
That's All it Takes by...Kaethel?
Waiting for Superman by...Yvonne
Still Life with Python by...hysterical - my guess would have to be Paul.

Dance with a Stranger (Nfic) by...lynn

so that's it - I really enjoyed each of the stories - so thank you to all of the authors that participated! (notice that I did not thank only the authors that I mentioned above, as I'm sure that I've missed most!)

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, goodness. I have absolutely no idea. It's hard to pick out authors when you're not good at styles. I've got only one guess... no, let's make it two.

The Pet Bet... by Wendy
Still Life with Python.. by Hatman

I'm most likely wrong, but the stories were great!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Given how there haven't been any new posts since August 29th, maybe it's time for the answers to be revealed?

peep AnnaBtG. peep

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, Anna's right. It looks as if we've received pretty much all of the guesses we are going to get. And because I'm having unexpected company on Saturday night, I'm going to go ahead and post the answers and "winners" Friday night (Sept. 3) around 9-ish CST.

To all of the writers - please check your e-mail. I've asked you all to please let me know as soon as possible if you used a beta reader (and if so, who) so that we can give the beta credit if they intentionally "mis-guessed" on your story.

Stay tuned...this has been quite interesting and very fun!
wink
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack!! Tonight??

Ok. Well, I better get to reading. Don't want to miss out on the fun. I'll be back.

CC (who never met a deadline she didn't push to the last possible minute)

edit: This is hard!! Still working.

more edit: This is why procrastinating is bad. If you guys have cleverly hidden clues throughout your fics, I haven't had time to look for them. Sigh. I feel this will reflect badly in my score. Let this be a lesson to you kids in school.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry to be a bit tardy. Though I'm under the wire with a couple of hours to spare.

Between a Rock and a Hard Place by...not Paul, maybe Shadow (or Lynn)

Note: LynnM will be my automatic back-up guess for each piece, out of pure fear of missing hers.

I thought for sure I’d find Paul right away without even reading, just by title alone. And this one is clever enough to be his, but...eh...the punchline is twisted enough to be Jen. I’m voting for Shadow based on that as well as her avatar. And to sweeten the pot, I’m willing to wager my Superman stand up action figure, the one with the cool cape and bendy legs. (I stole it from my brother when he was ten, but it is still technically *mine*.)

Clark's Pet Peeve by...all my BR points right out the window if I’m wrong...Lynn.

Silently, they'd leaned against each other, and the gentle embrace of an arm, the slow tilt of a head, the subtle movement of a pair eyes, and the soft touch of a pair of lips had said everything that needed to be said.
This is really nice, nice writing. Beautiful, otherworldly almost, in the descriptive LynnM sort of way.

There, caressed by an ocean breeze, they'd danced under the stars.
But then there’s this. And where there’s water there’s...Wendy?

Well, I love this. So nicely done, and very visual, great humor. After literally reading hundreds of pages of LynnM’s stuff, I would think I could pick her blindfolded!! Out on a limb...MacDad? Is this you?? I’m betting my Smallville trading cards, not the shiny 3-D Lex Luthor one that I keep under my pillow, but definitely the duplicate Lanas.

A Day at the Metropolis Pet Store by...a diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. (Or Lynn)

Also, this is my personal favorite, is absolutely brilliant, and I cackled like a crazy woman all the way through it.

Lois puts the kitten on Clarks shoulder, it hooks it's claws into his jumper which his mother knitted for his birthday on May 26, that is not the day he was born because his parent's didn't know but when he landed in Schuster's Field in Smallville Kansas twenty seven years before he came to Metropolis in a space ship.
And this is probably my favorite sentence in the history of all fanfic. Ever.

Ok, so we’re looking for someone diabolically clever and fiendish, as well as evil enough for world domination. Yvonne would suit and suit nicely. But I’m going with Labrat here. It’s the quiet ones you have to watch out for. And this time I’ll wager..my Andy Warhol Superman print. It’s really nice, hanging in my bathroom.

Lois and That Cat by...Wanda Detroit! (Or Lynn)

And I’m even a tiny bit confident...sorta. It’s a tbc, so that rules out a few who have other WIPs. And it has her zest, some funny observation and snappy dialogue. So, feeling somewhat confident-ish, I’m willing to bet Fanfic Author Wendy Richard’s cat t-shirt, the one that says “Stressed Out.” I’m pretty sure she won’t mind.

Lois and the Cat by...Not me! (not Lynn)

I’ve noticed that a trend developed in the guessing on this one, and I’m here to tell you exactly why this couldn’t be me.

First, there are only a half dozen ellipses here and there, and I can’t write without using a thousand; I have to meet a quota or it doesn’t work. Secondly, there is introspection between every spoken line. It goes Talk Think Talk Think Talk Think. I go Talk Talk Talk Talk. See? And on that subject, there isn’t even any ‘real’ dialogue. One-sided conversations don’t count, so we just have that exchange at the end.

Therefore, proving this a case of Not-Meism, I’ll have to guess this is...Wendy. Though she is generally more clever with her titles. Maybe she was stressed out the day she wrote this?

And I am betting...well...I don’t feel like betting anything at this time, but you shouldn’t take that to mean anything in particular.

Oh, just this thought, you know when you have a soggy sweater on and you try to dry something on a hardwood floor with the sleeve of it? While the act, itself, might be called ‘dabbing,’ the sound it would make would be more like...dapping. Just thought I’d mention. Nothing too trivial for extra credit, alright?

Bonus points are awarded in this quiz, are they not? I didn’t see that mentioned in the rules, but I’m certain that’s an oversight.

The Pet Bet by...Me! (or Lynn)

And I’ll tell you how I know for certain:

Lois, you have a couple of buttons on your blouse that are undone.
Like Paul, I knew this was a dead give away. I own the fanfic copyright on all of Lois’s fasteners, be they zippers, snaps, velcro tabs, laces, what have you. Therefore, if this piece isn’t by me you’ll be hearing from my lawyers whoever you are....what’s that? Expired??!

Well, just in case this isn’t me, I’m going to go with a very firm guess. Better strong and wrong than weak but right...right? So...this is definitely Kaethel.

Or Meredith. Or Yvonne. Or even Wendy. And it almost certainly could be Lynn!

I’m betting the family picture taken in front of the Supes statue in the town square of Metropolis, Ill, all the little Aikens included, that somewhere in there I fingered the suspect.

That's All it Takes by...Anna B. (or Lynn)

Truly, I just do. Not. Know. So I’m only betting my green rock candy Kryptonite purchased at the Superman Museum. Well, not purchased, it was free on entry, but it’s still good.

Have I whined yet about how hard this is?? Thought I might mention here.

Waiting for Superman by...Wendy! (or Lynn) but really mostly Wendy.

Though, I have to say that’s an awful lot of dialogue for a Wendy piece. However, it makes such nice use of a cat, and since Wendy seems to have a fondness for them...ok, I’m committing. This is either Wendy (or Lynn) or someone else entirely. I’m willing to bet my hardbound copy of the Science of Superman. It’s out of print now, you know, so I had to special order it.

Still Life with Python by...Paul! I’m betting it all on Hatman, title maker extraordinare! (or Lynn, of course)

This does have a Maryish quality as well, so it gets a bit confusing. However the hour is growing late and I can’t be bothered with nuances at this point. I’m going with Paul. And to show how sincere I am, I’m betting my...Ultimate Guide to the Man of Steel. Good for killing time in the carpool line.

Dance with a Stranger (Nfic)by...Someone really, really good

I did get a definite Labrat feel right off, as others noted. It’s the Lex, you know. That is such a great, horrible, Masques-like Lex. He just walks off the screen. And furthermore, whoever you are, I’d love you to pick this up and continue it, ok...? Lynn? Mere? Yvonne? I’m going with Auntie Y here, btw. I just want to.

Done. And though I know I sucked and sucked badly, I hit reply happy in the knowledge that there is no way I missed Lynn. It’s a small consolation, but I’ll take what I can get.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard