I just discovered this site with these challenges. Of course I couldn't pass up responding to one of my favorite episodes: TOGOM! This was a fifteen minute-er. Thanks for the prompt Yvonne!

The Kiss of Death

Clark watched as the gun fired. He grabbed Lois' hand before the bullets arrived at his body, then fell to the ground, pulling Lois down with him. A groan escaped his body as his other hand flew to grab the bullets before they ricocheted from his chest onto Lois.

"Clark!" She wailed, hugging him as they hit the floor. She'd landed on top of him.

"You idiot, now we have to get rid of the stiff." Capone stated morosely, his cigar between his fingers as he waved his hand at Dilinger and Clyde, then at the corpses on the floor.

Lois ignored the sounds in the background as Clark whispered in her ear, "I like you lying there Lois, it feels nice."

"Whaaa...?"

"Play along." He whispered so softly she could barely hear him.

She held him tightly. "Oh, Clark, don't die, not now. Please don't die." she sobbed, playing the part well.

"It's too late, doll. Now come on, get off the stiff before I have to shoot you, too."

Thinking quickly, realizing that the gun hadn't hurt Clark, she didn't move. Two shots were fired. Clark caught them before they hit her, returning his hand to the position it had been in a millisecond before. Lois sank deeply into him.

The two limp bodies were hoisted into the back of the car and bumpily driven through town. Lois' body was atop Clark's, their faces together. His arms came around her in the darkness as her lips found his. He moaned in response to her kisses, hugging her closely to him. "This must be heaven," she said, , pressing her mouth back against his, not completely sure if they were still alive and pretending or really dead.

Steam was escaping from the back of the trunk when Dillinger and Clyde came around to toss the bodies into the gutter. Clark reluctantly loosened his grasp from around her before the hood was lifted. Lois was limp as they pulled her body out and onto the ground. At least they hadn't dropped her from great heights, she thought to herself. She certainly wasn't dead.

They dumped Clark out, too, but he landed on top of her, breaking his fall onto her by stiffening his hands as they hit the ground beside her.

The two reporters lay motionless while the car doors slammed and the engine roared into the distance. Clark found Lois' lips first and hungrily kissed them. LOis pushed him slightly, helping him to roll off her while she kissed him back.

When the sound of the car had vanished, she pushed his head away. "So what was that all about?"

"I wanted to kiss you, and well, it just seemed like a good time because when you figured out why i wasn't dead, you were going to kill me anyway, so it was my only chance. You had to have known i wanted to!" Clark was grinning.

"So how come you're not dead? I mean, i'm glad you're not. I don't know what i would have done if you'd died, but why aren't you? We? Dead?"

Clark opened his hand, shownig her the bullets he'd caught. She gasped, her hand coming to her mouth. "Clark, they shot your hand!"

"No, Lois, I caught the bullets."

"What do you mean you caught the bullets? You can't catch bullets."

"I can."

"No you can't, Clark."

"Oh dear." He dropped his head back to the ground and played dead.

"Clark? Clark! Stop it Clark, you're not dead."

"Only a kiss can revive me, dear one."

She swatted his side, but leaned back in for another kiss. "We do this a lot when we're dreaming."

"Um hum," he agreed. "All the time. And more."

"Clark Kent! she pulled away. "What do we do in your dreams?"

"Lois. It's a secret."

"Tell me, Kent."

"In my dreams we're always married. Should I draw you a diagram?"

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.