Well, I've never participated in a round robin before. Could be fun...we'll see.

From part 1:

“Um, I’ll have to call you back.” Ignoring her friend’s confused reply, Lucy shut off the phone and dropped it onto the coffee table. Immediately, it started to ring again.

A thousand thoughts were swirling through her head at once! Lucy grabbed her purse and ran for the door, taking out and dialing her cell-phone as she did so.

Part 2

She didn't know what to think as she headed to her car. All she knew was Lois had better answer her phone!

She didn't. Dang answering machine!

"Lois Lane, *how* could you? Seriously? Your own sister! Argh!!" Lucy jabbed the end button on her phone and slammed the car door once she was inside. She pulled out into traffic and the tires squealed as she slammed on the gas, earning her quite a few honks and obscene gestures. Thankfully the traffic was light on her way to LAX. Though compared to the pile-up in her head, anything would have looked light.

Lois and Superman! Clark *was* Superman! Lucy fumed as she thought of all the times she'd admonished her sister for the little crush she and Superman had seemed to be indulging in when she was a respectable married woman. And Lois had let her! Ooh, that made her so mad. But when you got right down to it, she wasn’t really mad. She was hurt.

Really hurt. Not only had Lois neglected to warn her of this quite public revelation or think about the impact that it would have on her sister, but she’d lied to her for at least a year. Maybe longer, depending on when *she’d* known about Clark. Didn’t Lois trust her? Sure, trusting her with money or shoes wasn’t such a good idea, but this was different. Wasn’t this the sort of thing you told your family? Or at least your sister. The one you’d promised to always look out for when Mom and Dad had left them both emotionally bankrupt.

When Lucy got to Metropolis, Lois had *a lot* of explaining to do.

She had the cab driver drop her off a few blocks from Lois and Clark’s brownstone. Actually, she really hadn’t had a choice, considering the throng of reporters, media vehicles, and police barricades surrounding the place. She muscled her way through the mob and past the barricades. At least she tried, but an officer was quick to grab her arm.

“Just who do you think you are young lady?”

“Lucy Lane, that’s who I am. And if you don’t let me pass, you’ll have to answer to…”

“Superman,” the officer looked up startled at the man in question.

tbc

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.