Yes, FoLCs, it’s another round robin. I figured maybe Sue Marie was too daunting a challenge, so I’m posting this in the hopes that it’s easier and therefore more likely to be continued.

-----------------------------

The shrill ringing of the phone cut through the apartment and pierced the bathroom where Lucy was brushing her teeth. Setting down her brush, she hastily spit and ran out into the living room.

“I’m coming! I’m coming!”

The phone ignored her and continued its urgent blaring until she finally picked up the receiver and brought it to her ear.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“LUCY!” Lisa’s excited voice came barreling down the line, “Lucy, turn on the TV! NOW!”

“What Channel?” Lucy asked.

“It doesn’t matter; it’s on all the channels! Turn it on, quick!”

“Okay, okay!” Lucy fumbled for the remote and pressed a button. The TV flickered to life and soon filled with the image of Superman on a podium surrounded by microphones.

He was addressing a reporter, one who’d just asked if he’d been having an illicit affair with her big sister. He was talking about how sometimes things are not what they seem, how there can be more to something---to *someone*---than first meets the eye… Now he was starting to spin… What on earth? He stopped spinning, and Lucy’s jaw fell to the floor.

“Oh my gosh, I don’t believe it! This is incredible! Lucy, is this cool or what? Your own brother-in-law is Superman! You, like, *so* have to get me his autograph!”

She stared mutely at the screen, her eyes the size of dinner-plates. The crowd was in total chaos now, hurling questions and snapping pictures, gasping, fainting, and trying to absorb what had just been revealed…

“Lucy, this is amazing! You and your family are gonna be *celebrities* now! Isn’t that neat? Lucy? Lucy?!”

“Um, I’ll have to call you back.” Ignoring her friend’s confused reply, Lucy shut off the phone and dropped it onto the coffee table. Immediately, it started to ring again.

A thousand thoughts were swirling through her head at once! Lucy grabbed her purse and ran for the door, taking out and dialing her cell-phone as she did so.

TBC

~•~