Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, for better or for worse, it's back. smile Let me know what you think. Oh, and as always, volunteer(s) wanted for the next part! Anyone up for it?

Paul, who knows of at least 2 ways to get out of this mess, but isn't going to impose anything on the next writer.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Paul, suitibly evil. Nice cliff hanger (of sorts).

It was only reasonable, given that Clark didn't have his powers back yet, that the ceremony would take place before he could get there. What to do, what to do?

I have to admit that after Clark's call to the hospital that I figured he was going for the lead apron they use, but it really can't help very much as too much of him is exposed and it's not like the kryptonite radiation is a focused beam.

I can see where Clark might be able to get Lois away from Lex, for the moment, but since she's legally Luthor's wife, he can sic the law on Clark. It will be interesting to see what comes next.

Tank (who has no time to work on his own stories at present, let alone trying to take on another chapter in this one)

Merriwether
Merriwether
thumbsup

*looks around hopefully for a volunteer*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great Part and what a mess!!! eek Poor Lois and Poor Clark! Didn't anyone notice Lois was drugged? And isn't that a legal reason to annul the marriage? I can't wait for the next part! hyper Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Paul

I'm so glad you resurrected this. smile1

An excellent part! help

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for resurrecting this Paul! laugh

But what have you done!!! mad

You let Lois marry Lex!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting. frown

Clark staggered back. Not from the Kryptonite, as the gloating Luthor obviously thought. The lead apron he'd borrowed from the hospital's X-ray department was shielding him well enough, for the time being. Fortunately, the unusually loose shirt he was wearing hid it from view. No, the pain Clark was feeling was much deeper than mere Kryptonite poisoning, and it call came from a single word. Luthor had said "wife." Clark had arrived too late. Somehow, it had happened. Lois was married to Lex, and there was nothing he could do about it.
OMG! This is a nightmare. eek

This story is getting complicate.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, you have our heroes in an interesting pickle now, don't you? Unfortunately, that's starting to give me ideas, and I'm resisting the urge to volunteer again for another part. It's usually a terrible thing when I start to get ideas. Just ask Tank. Last time that happened, he ended up with children. wink OK, maybe I'll give it another shot. What's the worst that can happen: Lois as a slave and Clark with his head cut off and stuck on a wall? Wait, that's been done before. wink

Nice job of explaining some of the loose ends from the last part. I was wondering just why Clark could hear a conversation that Lex was totally oblivious to, and why Clark didn't bother to go after Luthor. I would have thought under any circumstances, Clark would never have let Luthor get away with Lois. But the sudden weakness due to Kryptonite in Luthor's pocket makes sense.

Only one problem I have with the part here. Marriage licenses in Las Vegas are only given out at the courthouse downtown. And you have to stand in a fairly long line after filling out your application, taken from a kiosk, in crayon. Guess they don't trust anybody with anything sharp. I know this because I've been with people who have gotten married in Las Vegas. So Lex would have had to stop for the license downtown and then find a chapel to get married in. In the wedding I went to, the couple got their license, had a theme wedding (Elvis with two songs), and then went off "backstage" with a judge to conduct the real ceremony plus the signing of the marriage license by the judge.

Other than that, the rest of the part was quite appropriately evil. evil

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the FDK, everyone.

Tank, I don't know how good the protection of the apron will be. I didn't want to give him a full hazmat suit, but I figured this would be some protection. It'll shield him from the Kryptonite as long as it's directly in front of him. Even then, it won't give full coverage. So, how much help will it be, exactly? That's up to the next author. Sorry that won't be you, but I'm glad you liked this part. Thanks for posting.

Rivka, glad you enjoyed. Thanks for commenting.

Ingra, yep, it's a mess. As for the others, they probably figured she was drunk. That happens in Vegas. A lot of other places, too, come to think. As for annulment... yes, I think it'd be more than sufficient grounds. I don't know if that's the way the story will go, but it's a possibility. Anyway, thanks for letting me know you liked this part.

Tricia, yup, it's back. smile Thanks for your kind words. Good to see your enthusiasm. As for the next part, I hope to see it soon, too.

Jose, what can I say? It seemed like a good idea at the time. wink Thanks for posting.

Maria, it is getting complicated, but that's part of the fun. Thanks for letting me know you're still reading.

Roger, I'm glad you find the situation interesting. I tried. As for volunteering... "You are getting inspired... inspiiirrreeeed... iiiiinnnspiiiiirred... You will write the next part... You will have fun writing... It will be good for you... Write, Roger... Wriiiittteee..."

About loose ends... yeah. I used the amazing power of RetCon to make a few changes. I just wanted to clear some things up so they'd make more sense to me. I think it's happened at least once to every writer in this story. Like that bit I wrote in part 4 with Lois's motivations that Tank cleared up... Anyway, glad this works better for you, too.

As to Vegas marriage liscenses... I didn't know that. Hmm... Well, you see, the thing is... that's only true in the Las Vegas of this world. Yeah. That's it. You see, the laws of Clark County (gotta love that name... <g>) are a little different in the HoC universe. They were changed at the suggestion of Stuart Billington, former mayor of Metropolis, who became involved in Nevada politics due to a complicated series of events related to the marriage of his second cousin's daughter. Yeah, that's it. So, thanks to him, you can get the paperwork taken care of at any accredited chapel in Las Vegas. Too bad he wasn't around in this universe.

Anyway, glad this part worked for you. Now, get to work on the next one! You will write it! Resistance is futile!

(You know, there are Borg in Vegas now. Go see the Star Trek Experience. Your money will be assimilated...)

Thanks again to everyone who posted. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, thanks to Roger saying that Lois and Lex would get married smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Part 10 is pretty much finished now. Sorry for it taking so long, but real life has been a real bear.

Plus I talked to Paul about finishing up this story, so I had to come up with an ending. That sort of made part 10 a lot longer than I was originally thinking it would be in order to wrap up a myriad of loose ends, so I guess I'll be claiming part 11 as well.

I'll post part 10 sometime later today, since I still have quite a bit of editing to do, and part 11 in a couple of days. Then this story will be done! Yay!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry. Meant to reply to Pel earlier, but decided to wait just a bit, in case anyone else posted. In the meantime, I plum forgot. Oops. Not quite the best way to say thanks for posting...

Pel, I think you're about the only one who was glad to see them married, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. laugh I'm especially glad to hear that this story managed to overcome your fear of RR fics. I guess it probably helped that you got to read it all at once, instead of having to wait during those months-long gaps... In any case, I'm thrilled to hear about your conversion. Thanks for the FDK. smile

Roger, sorry to hear that RL has you down. (Must... resist... bad joke...) I was wondering what had happened to part 10. I'm excited to see what you've got to add to what I've already seen. It'll be cool to see the story come to its long-awaited conclusion, too. Looking forward to seeing what you've got. smile

Paul

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard