Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127264 06/18/03 01:54 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey all!

I just downloaded ATAI... and I was watching the very beginning and I suddenly wondered what might have happened if Clark used any of those "lines" he was practicing (the ones he said while looking at the picture).

So here's the challenge. Write a short fic using any (or all) of his lines to have Lois find out (or not find out). Be creative cool , be funny goofy . But have Lois hear Clark say he's superman that morning (even if she doesn't believe him!)

You can work around Mr. Mazik or leave him out of the story...your choice.

-Breanna

#127265 06/18/03 09:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll be short, hope I posted that in the right section...

LOL,
By Cyad

Lois took in Clark's uncertain look. There's something he wanted to tell her and she could swear, only by looking at his face, that it was important ... and that she might not like it.

"That's bad news?" she softly asked.

"Well, maybe you'll better...sit down," Clark suggested as Lois slowly dropped herself on the nearest coach.

"Oh, I see! that's good news!" she went on, her eyes sparkling in anticipation. She barely noticed Clark deep intake of breath as he confessed:

"Lois, I'm Superman."

For a few seconds, she remained stuned and speechless before heartily laughing out loud.

"Sure Clark! And I'm Invisible Girl! Now what was this good news you wanted to tell me about?"

#127266 06/23/03 03:53 AM
Blogger
Blogger
hope everyone likes it!

Over hearing: ATAI Challenge
By: Supergirl85

Clark paced back and forth in Lois' apartment; he rubbed his sweaty palms on his pants, and ran his fingers through his hair... he had to sit down. Clark's heart was pounding out of his chest, how could he possibly tell Lois he was Superman after all this time? Years of lying to her day in and day out about his alter ego was becoming a sort of comfort zone for Clark... to hide the powers that some times made him a prisoner in his own skin... " Want coffee?" Lois asked from the kitchen.

Clark whipped his head toward Lois, " What? Oh coffee? Yeah, that's fine. Thanks."

Lois scratched her head and with an innocent smile said, "Yeah, I'll hold on the sugars." Clark only looked at Lois blankly. Lois laughed to herself as she started to grind the coffee beans. Clark Kent could be weird some times but over all he was a good friend... the only friend that she could trust with all her deepest secrets and nightmares... and even telling him her dreams. Lois' smile disappeared but when ever Lois tried to open up about their friendship Clark always seemed to make an excuse and run off...
Clark's mind was racing as he tried to find the words to tell Lois that he was superman. The words had to be exact, and to the point but not to blunt. Clark then noticed a picture of him and Lois winning their first Kerth Award. Clark smiled to himself; Lois loved that picture of them... Clark shook the thought out of his head; he had to stay focused! Clark cleared his throat, "Lois... I have something to tell you... I'm Superman." Clark whispered to the picture. Clark shook his head that wouldn?t work...

Clark smiled at the picture, "Lois, have you ever noticed how much I look like Superman? Well, it's funny you should say that, because..."

'No that wouldn?t fly.' Clark thought to himself.

Clark sighed, "Hey! Guess what? I'm Superman!"

" What?" Clark jumped to his feet and faced Lois who seemed a little dumb founded.

Clark scratched his head and laughed, " Uh how much of that did you hear?"

Lois looked at Clark and saw the sweat starting to roll off his face; his eyes were like a deer caught in headlights, " I heard you say that you were Superman. But you, Clark? Maybe in another life time."

Clark's head started to spin, maybe he could just laugh it off and tell her another time? NO! He had to do this know! Clark took Lois by the hand and sat her down on the couch, placing the coffee on the table and said, " Lois, I have been hiding this from you way to long. So let me just say that I am Superman." Clark tried to see how angry or upset she was but her eyes gave away nothing but a blank stare.

"I can't believe it." Lois said calmly and slowly took off his glasses.

" Lois, I tried to tell you--"

Tears swelled in Lois' eyes, " now I know why you ran off all those times... Now I know that you weren?t lying to me when you said that you loved me after Lex died. Oh Clark, I'm sorry."

Clark put his hand on Lois' cheek and whipped away her tears, " Lois, I do love you, but I never now that you felt the same way about me the way you felt about Superman."

" Oh, Clark--" Clark put his finger on Lois' red lips and said, " Shhh. Don't say your sorry because it's not your fault. It's mine. I never told you because I was scared that you would push me away. I was so afraid that you wouldn't love me for me and not just for my superpowers."

Lois watched as a single tear fall from Clark's eye, this was the first time that Clark truly opened his heart to Lois, " Clark." Lois whispered, as she got closer to him.

"I love you." Clark whispered as he ran his fingers through Lois' dark hair.

"I love you too." Lois said as their lips met.

"WHEN YOU WENT SWIMMING IN THE PUDDLE DID A FIN POP OUT?"
#127267 06/24/03 11:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
HAR! This was really memorable.

Clark sighed, "Hey! Guess what? I'm Superman!"

" What?"
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#127268 06/24/03 12:35 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just wanted to add (in case someone missed it) that I placed my response to this challenge under its own topic line. You can find it at Lois Lane, the Jesse James of Thought Trains

smile Jana (who had lots of fun with this challenge)

"Don't you people have lives?!?" ~Joe on Wings

"An eternal, burning flame. Hope lives on and love remains." ~from Love Remains, by Collin Raye

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard