~From Part 1~

“What exactly is Lois’s tattoo of?”

Cat couldn’t help it; she started laughing. The confused stares from around the room only made things seem funnier. When Jimmy turned to see her, she smiled maliciously. “A tattoo?”

~Part 2~

Perry White looked up from the copy he was editing when he heard all the commotion. It was going to be one of those days. He was going to have to take the bull by the horns if he wanted any work out of his reporters. It was bad enough two of them hadn’t even shown up for work yet.

Standing up and marching to his door, Perry opened it in time to witness a scene he wasn’t in the mood for. And there was no mistaking the words coming from the wayward Cat Grant’s mouth as she talked with Jimmy.

“Great shades of Elvis, could this tattoo business get any worse?” Perry muttered to himself, stepping out of his office and making his way towards them.

Hadn’t he just told Jimmy last night to keep things he knew he wasn’t supposed to know to himself? He needed to tighten the clamp down on that boy’s mouth before Lois did it herself. He knew she’d kill Jimmy in a heartbeat if she knew what the boy had been doing.

But first things first.

“Cat, Honey. It’s great to see you.” He put a gentle hand on her shoulder, “So what brings you here?”

“Perry, it’s good to see you too. I just happened to be in town and thought I’d drop in to see some of the old faces,” winking mischievously at her ex-editor as she continued, “and maybe discover some new gossip about those old faces.”

He knew exactly what gossip she was referring to.

“Do you have a couple of minutes?” He motioned to his office.

“Sure Perry.” She answered, smiling the way only Cat Grant could smile.

He turned toward Jimmy, using the tone of voice on him that he knew wouldn’t be misunderstood, “Son, why don’t you *join* us.”

Perry ushered Cat into his office, knowing Jimmy would follow. And if the boy were smart, he’d be there in less than ten seconds.

“Now, Cat…about that conversation you just heard. I know I can’t tell you what to do, but Honey, do you think you could sit on this for a little while?”

“Perry, you wouldn’t be asking me to just turn the other cheek on this, would you? Just because I don’t work for The Planet anymore doesn’t mean I don’t still have a job to do. Anything I come across is fair game and use to my advantage, especially when it comes to getting even with Lois Lane.”

But before Cat could finish Jimmy arrived in the office. His usual look of innocence was replaced with one of fear.

“You wanted me, Chief?”

“Son, didn’t I tell you to keep this tattoo business about Lois to yourself?”

“Chief, it was an accident. I really didn’t mean for anyone to overhear me talking about it.” He sheepishly looked over at Cat, “I was just talking to Lucy.”

“Lois’s own sister. I’m impressed.” Cat chimed in, the excited note in her voice lead Perry to believe she was getting an earful and he needed to nip this in the bud soon.

“Jimmy, however you got the information…”

“Really Chief, I hadn’t meant to read Clark’s e-mail from Lois yesterday. I was just sorta walking by and happen to catch a glance. It’s not like I read the whole thing. Just enough to know about her tattoo and that she was in love with him.”

“Oooh,” Cat drawled out the little word, her hand mimicking a marquee, “I can see the headlines now. The Washington Star is going to love me. ‘Metropolis’ Hottest Team more than partners and sporting love tattoos in each other’s honor.’”

“Oops.” Jimmy cringed, then a little more quietly he added, “Lois is going to kill me. I’m so dead!”

“Yes son, I think you are.” Perry agreed with him, knowing he wouldn’t able to keep the lid on this closed for much longer.

Things were spiraling out of control. But one thing was for certain, Perry was actually glad Lois and Clark weren’t in to work yet. And he definitely needed to teach them the finer points of how to read, delete, and close out of their e-mails, before anything else could happen.

Walking down the sidewalk hand-in-hand with her boyfriend, Lois was content, relaxed and so very happy. She let her eyes roam over Clark, the love of her life, and couldn’t believe that they were finally together as a couple. All it had taken was a wrongly routed e-mail containing a questionnaire for them to finally admit their true feelings.

Seventeen hours ago, instead of hiding from one another, they trusted each other and completely opened up for the first time. It had been a long night but it was worth it in the end. They had talked and cried, kissed and cuddled, which finally ended with them molded solid in a new relationship. She couldn’t believe how easy it had been to just let go and be with him.

And Clark had even admitted his biggest secret of all. He was Superman. Initially hurt and angry, Lois quickly came to terms with that newfound knowledge. In fact, she found that she was more than okay with it. She loved him. All of him. It was the best night of her life.

She was starting to see the benefits a relationship with him presented, and knew down the road her life was only going to get better.

Her musings brought her back to the present. With the companionable silence that settled between them as they walked, Lois wondered if Clark was thinking the same things. The smile on his face, told her he might very well be.

Finally giggles broke the silence.

“What’s so funny?” Clark asked her, letting go of her hand to encircle her waist instead.

“Well, I was just thinking.” Her bright eyes twinkled as she looked into his face.

“Uh-oh.”

“Watch it, Kent.” She poked her finger playfully into his side. “I was thinking that we never finished our talk last night.”

“Maybe that was because you fell asleep.”

“If my pillow,” she grinned impishly, patting his chest, “wasn’t so comfortable I wouldn’t have.”

“Oh, so it’s my fault.” Clark replied, grinning himself.

“Definitely. It’s always the boyfriend’s fault.” Lois slowed her steps down, causing Clark to slow as well. She turned so she could gaze at him. “God, I love saying that.”

She saw humor shining in his eyes as he looked back at her.

“What? That it’s my fault?”

“No, Lunkhead. I love saying that you’re my boyfriend.”

She knew his humor was now replaced by his love for her; she could see it in his eyes. His arm tighten around her a little more bringing her body closer to his. She watched him lower his face to hers, their lips now centimeters apart.

“I think I love hearing you say that as well.”

“Good.” Her gaze flickered from his eyes down to his lips and back up again, “Is that all you love?”

Lois watched Clark smile, lighting up his face. It wasn’t that she needed a compliment back from him. Really, she didn’t. Okay, so she did, was that so much to ask for?

“I love that you’re my girlfriend.”

“And?”

They slowly moved closer so their lips were just caressing each other’s, but the kiss had yet to begin. The feeling was driving her wild with anticipation. His kisses, as she just found out last night, were beyond this world. Lois didn’t know how much longer she could wait until his mouth claimed hers.

“I love you.”

She was about to launch into another ‘and’ but he had turned the tables on her with his last statement. No matter how many times in the last day she had heard those three words, it always took her breath away.

“And I love you.”

This time, their mouths attached and melded together as they kissed each other senselessly in the middle of the sidewalk. They had originally wanted to keep their new relationship secret, at least for a little while, so they could enjoy being together without all the prying eyes. But at this moment, neither cared who saw them.

Clark’s hands were firmly planted on Lois’s hips as her hands snaked around his neck and fitted into his hair. Clark’s tongue lightly, teasingly ran along her bottom lip, requesting entrance. Instantly parting her lips, she gave him complete access. Their tongues danced together as their kiss became more passionate by the second.

They were quickly getting out of control and needed to stop before they did something that would probably land them in jail. She slowed the kiss down by pulling back slightly, but not enough for her lips to leave Clark’s. They exchanged several breathy kisses before finally breaking apart.

“That is definitely the best way to start a work day.” Lois giggled, taking his hand and entwining their fingers once more.

“It sure is.” He agreed wholeheartedly, smiling tenderly at her.

She smiled back at him. They were beyond help here. She was sure no two people could be anymore mushier than they had become. But she didn’t care. They were basking in their newfound love and she wouldn’t apologize for that.

“Okay, so where were we?” She asked once they had started walking once more.

“We were talking about love.”

“No-no. I meant from last night.” She used her free hand to riffle through her purse, pulling out a piece of paper, “ Oh yeah, I remember. Question number 29: If you could have your dream job, what would it be?”

“Lois, are you really going to make me answer all the questions?”

“Yep. If you read mine, I at least want the chance to know how you would have answered.” She nudged him playfully with her hip, “So, if you could have your dream job, what would it be?”

“Lo-is.”

“Cla-ark.” She mimicked his whining.

“Fine, but I don’t think it’s the same thing. You never would have shown me yours if you hadn’t accidentally e-mailed it to me.”

“That’s beside the point. Now answer.”

Shaking his head at her, he did just that, “I’d have to say I already have my dream job. I love being a journalist and the freedom it gives me to express what others can’t. But the real reason is because I get to work with you every day. What else could I ask for?”

“Awww.” She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “That’s so sweet. Thank you.”

“I meant it, Lois.” He squeezed her hand in his, conveying his words, “Working with you makes any job perfect.”

She blushed at his comment, feeling his love sweep through her completely. It was the greatest feeling, being loved by this man.

Lois looked at the piece of paper again, reading the next question.

“Okay, if you could have a tattoo, what and where would it be?”

Realizing what question she had just read, embarrassment crept across her face, her cheeks burning red. She needed to change the subject and quickly before the question she knew he was about to ask surfaced. It wasn’t that she didn’t want Clark to know about her tattoo, in fact, she did. It was that the words of her own response came haunting her, reminding her of how forward she must have sounded. Not that she should care that she was so forward because it had been the truth. She was more than looking forward to him doing an in-depth search to find that tattoo. In fact, if they kept along the lines of her thoughts, they’d never make it to work. She’d pull him into some alley and make love to him.

“Ah, never mind. Question 31…”

“Lois, wait a minute.”

“You know, Clark. We can continue this later. We’re almost to the office.”

“No we’re not. We still have twelve blocks left. Why did you skip question 30?”

“Oh did I?”

“Yes. I wanted to ask you…”

“Oh look, Clark, a monkey.” Lois pointed down the street, hoping to draw his attention to anything but the present subject.

“Lo-is. About that tattoo…”

“Clark…” She tried warning him not to go there right now. It was bad enough her hormones were raging from their kiss, but if they continued on this topic, she knew she wouldn’t be responsible for her actions. But he cut her off before she had a chance to change the subject again.

“When exactly do I get see this mystery tattoo of yours?”

She wasn’t going to win this one was she?

to be continued... smile1

"With words one can escape reality..."