Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lana!!! eek

We'll she was the only that could help without giving away the secret... smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lana, Lana, Lana...What I wouldn't do to have a trapdoor under you for you to drop through.

Kevin's been shot! shock The curse of Superman lives!

Well, this could have gone better, but then where would Tank's WHAMs be???

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh dear..poor Kevin! At least Lois and Lana took out the bad guys! smile1

This so good!! smile

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
When will Lana be portrayed as something OTHER than a bitch??? (or an airhead, in the case of Smallville)

In the comics, she is the sweetest person alive.

Her bitch persona started in Tempus Anyone? episode and has carried forward since then!

Anyway, bring on the next chapter ASAP

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
An interesting instalment. I've been sporatic in my reading and commenting on this story. Mostly it's been a matter of time, but also, I don't really care about what happens to Kevin. It's not that he isn't a well drawn character, it's just that I don't care.

I see hints that Kevin and Lana might hook up eventually. Especially when his powers don't come back.

Lois' falling so hard so fast for Clark is a bit out of character, but she still has the spunk and fire that we've all come to love about the gal.

We'll have to see how things turn out as an awful lot of people know Clark's secret now. Hmmmm, maybe Lois will use it as a the story that gives her the big break she needs to get into the Planet.

Tank (who reminds Chris that seeds have been set in the comic books for Lana to try and worm her way back into Clark's life)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ann, I really started enjoying the last few sections of this story. I think the Bureau 39-ish bad guys were well done, and I've really enjoyed the nail-biting villain plot.

If critique bothers you, please skip the next section, which looks like a quote. I used that format for easy skipping over.
Like Tank, I had a hard time getting into the story, especially the first two parts. One of the reasons was that I didn't care about Kevin either--not because he was a poorly drawn character, but because I was reading for L&C, and he wasn't either one. One way to deal with that kind of problem is to write much shorter, more succinct scenes for characters outside the continuity, alternated with scenes from our main characters' POV. That can keep you from losing the interest of readers who want to read about L&C.

The other problem I had was that the first two sections moved very slowly because of the huge backstory dump from Clark's POV, especially when so much of it dealt with Lana, whom I'm also not interested in. Beginning the story with the scene in which Kevin got his powers and feeding in the necessary backstory as Clark would naturally think of it would have improved the pacing.

End critique.
I disagree with Tank on Lois being out of character because she fell so fast for Clark. This Lois hasn't experienced either Clyde or (it looks like) Paul, and there was nothing in the series that ever indicated that she didn't fall in love quickly before she was so disillusioned about men and relationships. Moreover, the speed at which she fell for Superman actually supports her instantaneous connection with Clark, whom she immediately saw as a magical rescuer. And even in Requiem for a Superhero, she behaved in the same sort of star-struck way toward Lex when he 'rescued' her from the boxing promotor who was threatening to shoot them. So I think you have adequate precedent for her behavior, particularly given her age and lack of romantic cynicism.

BTW, I really enjoyed L&C's date, especially the flying. It was a nice balance to then have Lois show Clark a view of the ocean that was more powerful than an airborne view would have been. My favorite part of the story so far was Lois's avowal of her determination to find Clark. It reminded me of our Clark's assessment of her in Family Hour: something about she sits down to think, eats a little chocolate, and then the seas part.

When are you posting part 14?

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thanks you, everyone, for the comments. And no, critique does not bother me, and I certainly appreciate any words of advice to help improve the writing. smile

When will Lana be portrayed as something OTHER than a bitch??? (or an airhead, in the case of Smallville)
Well, better ANYTHING than how she's portrayed on Smallville wink In this case, this universe IS the Universe from Tempus, Anyone, so it follows that she would be the same character. I'm just trying to be true to that bit of canon. It would kind of be interesting to see how the Lana of the real LnC universe is different. Maybe she's...not as pushy.

And, Shelia, I'm very humbled that your first post on these boards is on my little opus. And thanks for the critique. Guess I never thought about ordering those scenes differently - I think I was more interested in establishing the characters we were dealing with right off the bat.

I appreciate the fact that certain readers aren't interested in original characters, and I thank you, Tank and Shelia, for fighting past that. But Bolt IS in the title, so I figured that he needed his due cool

Thanks again! More...right now.

AnnN.

To thine own self be true.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard