Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Aw...nice revelation! I like the way Clark realized that he had to tell her, and that Lois realized why he hadn't told her previously.

Now I want an nFIC sequel!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was great Wendy! Very nice revelation. Lois must have died and gone to heaven<g> I really like your writing style and your thinking on the whole Lois and Clark subject. You are still my favorite<g> I can't wait for your next story! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
*sigh* thumbsup

I'm looking forward to your next story.

Julia smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
NICE! thumbsup

Sweet and WAFFY, just what I needed! Lovely ending Wendy. notworthy

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
*sighhhhhhhh*

That was so good, Wendy! Like I told you, the first half [of the third part] nearly made me cry. I wish it was Annette's birthday every day! <g>

The revelation was especially a good part. I love irony! thumbsup

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy,
I love it!!! So sweet... lovely revelation!
*WAFFy sigh...*
--Wanda blush

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can't think of another fic in which Clark makes a willing revelation *before* Lois confesses to real love.

Whew. Nice bit of courage there, our boy! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! This is superbly written. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
Now I want an nFIC sequel!!
Oh yes!

I loved it soooo much. I love the revelation part!!! WOW.

I'm gonna cry b/c it is over!!! whinging

<in a quiet voice> More please?

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, this was beautifully written, Wendy. Have always been a fan of your long, elegant sentences and your phrasing.

Hm.

Clark loves Lois without reservation. Lois loves Clark but has trust issues. They have meaningful conversation and hot beverages. 'I'm Superman,' lots of smoochies....happy ending.

Hm.

That's really, really WAFFY, isn't it?

But that aside, and I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just noting. I really liked the glimpse of Lois's dating mo. I thought it was spot-on. Even though we don't see much of this in the show, I imagine this is exactly how she would approach dating. Detached and a bit businesslike, low investment, low return. And that at the end of the evening, she would turn up on Clark's doorstep for some real company.

Loved that.

And loved this:

She freed one hand and reached out to touch the blue Spandex revealed beneath his shirt. “If I had a plate of boeuf bourguignon here, you’d be wearing it, Kent!” she told him, her voice shaky.

His laughter in response was rich, warm and entirely Clark. “But you do have half a cup of hot chocolate...” he pointed out.

“That’s too good to waste,” she objected.
But my favorite bit is what you did with Clark here. Of course he loves her (this is well-established, right?), but he makes it clear to her that unrequited love might not last forever. Because he does want to be married some day, and if Lois just is not interested in that, then he can't automatically discount finding someone else....

Wow! You heretic!! Can't we have you kicked out for stuff like that?? Not that we'd do that, Wendy, but still...don't think I didn't notice. You stuck an angsty-thought into an otherwise gooey-Waffy confection, and it went down easy.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Just catching up on the three parts.
That was so lovely and sweet. And wonderfully written. thumbsup

And I liked this one:
She freed one hand and reached out to touch the blue Spandex revealed beneath his shirt. “If I had a plate of boeuf bourguignon here, you’d be wearing it, Kent!” she told him, her voice shaky.

His laughter in response was rich, warm and entirely Clark. “But you do have half a cup of hot chocolate...” he pointed out.

laugh laugh

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very cute, Wendy. It were three very waffy parts. smile I like the insecure Lois and her explanation about dating all those men. So it's good she finally is going to trust Clark!

The revelation was great, too. It just fitted in. You even managed to get it all over without angst and anger - very impressive. smile

So who's having a birthday soon so we can get more stories like these? <g>

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh wow!
I'm still all sniffling, grinning and giggling. That was one heck of a revelation! It was perfect and sweet and waffy and didn't end in the big Lois is angry and storms out scenario.

I've always considered it an immense challenge to write a revelation that doesn't end like that. I bow low and humbly, once more in awe.

All in all one heck of a story. I really loved it.

~Sira - notworthy

Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't know how you do it, but every time you write a new story, you manage to make me even more in awe at your way with words as the previous story. clap

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Cute story, Wendy! thumbsup

I absolutely love this CK=S revelation, as well as the 'two become one' thingy smile

Good work! clap clap

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kerth
Kerth

smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Julie S said it best:
SIIIGHHHHH

Okay now that that is out of my system I'm glad Clark went practical on her and almost gave her an ultimatum. Not a "love me or else" mind you,
it was much softer than that, but very to the point. Waffy with strength.

I like that.

And again...siiighhh!

Love the way you make me twitterpated Wendy!

TEEEEJ

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
AHHH!!! Happy reading! Happy sigh! Such a nice way to jump back into reading. Didn't get to comment on the other 2 parts before, so I'll just smush it all together in this part. wink

Loved how Lois' natural instinct was to run to Clark for comfort after her sucky date and had to admire the part where she dumped dinner on Mr. Octopus.

&#8220;It was the way you were looking at me. At least, I think you were,&#8221; she explained. &#8220;I've... seen that look before. I'm not being mean, Clark, but you were all puppy-eyes and rapt admiration.
That IS how he was looking though...all cute and pathetic and smitten. goofy

Ever since... him... she'd only dated men who meant nothing at all to her. To whom she was moderately attracted; whom she could kiss, and enjoy kissing, without feeling anything deeper. Without ever being tempted to want more or to give more.
Really thinking that Clark needs to go find Claude and pummel him to a lovely shade of black and blue for making Lois such a neurotic nut.

Because Clark, she knew with a sudden shock, was the one real, down-to-earth man she could feel something for, if she let herself. The only man, since... him... who could persuade her to believe that love really existed. And who could really hurt her, far more than he ever had.

She swallowed, realising that she had to do this convincingly. She had to be calm, collected, casual, giving no hint of the turmoil she'd felt while coming to her decision. She wouldn't be needlessly cruel, but on the other hand she couldn't be too concerned about hurting Clark's feelings: being cruel to be kind was probably the best...

He was removing his hand from hers. And he was standing up. And, when she looked at him, his expression was withdrawn, his eyes behind the geeky glasses showing no emotion.
NO! NO! NO!!!! Stupid Lois, you had to go and actually figure things out...and take 20 minutes of awkward silence to do it in!!! And you off course had to come up with the absolute wrong approach to the situation - good job, Wendy - Lois written to a T!!!

&#8220;What have they got that I haven't, Lois?&#8221; he asked, more in despair than bitterness. &#8220;Those guys you date... I know you're not in love with any of them. If you're in love with anyone, I'd have thought it was Superman, anyway. You don't spend time with them the way you spend time with me. I don't think you even like some of them. What's wrong with me, Lois? What don't I have that you want?&#8221;
/me knocks Lois out of the way and hugs Clark! Nothing, absolutely nothing!!! You're perfect...well, ok, not perfect, you are a lunkhead after all, but other than that, you're perfect! And she's just a twit...so you should just come live with me, ok? laugh Sorry, got a little side-tracked there....

I love how she finally admits what she's afraid of and why she couldn't take a chance on them as a couple - the theory that CLark is dangerous because he's the only one that really means something to her and the only one with the power to hurt her. Very well conveyed in this part.

And I really liked that revelation, very calm. <g> And it's a nice little addition against Lois' argument about Superman being safe because he could never love her in return. Bravo, Clark! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy,

Yet another great story! smile1

Caryn

"With words one can escape reality..."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard