#12410 04/26/04 07:20 AM
Hazel Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Happy Birthday, Annette! smile
Betty-Sue Morgan
goofy

And LOL at the Flakes. Somehow, I suspect they're not part of Martha's original recipe. smile

Whatshisname jokes aside, isn't that a bit OOC for Lois? How many people, other than Dan and Lex, did she actually date on the series? Patrick doesn't count. :p

Nice little cliffie there, even if not in the classic sense of the word. Could this be <gasp> an angst-free Wendy fic?

...Nah. goofy

Hazel, who thinks Clark could've been walking the neighbor's dog at the beginning if a dog was really needed wink

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw this was so cute, I am looking forward to the rest and Happy Birthday Annette. aura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OOOOO! You guys and your little heart squeezers. I gotta make Monday's a board free day cause you're gettin' me all mushed up inside on a day that's too busy.

Sigh!

TEEEJ

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Then, sounding stunned, he said, “Who says I’m not attracted to you?”
Oooo, Wendy! I love where this story is going and what a great cliff hanger! smile1

And Flakes… I LOVE FLAKES! drool Actually I love all Cadbury’s chocolate (hence the 3 trips a week to the gym and a yoga class! laugh )
I take it Annette has a fondness for Cadbury’s Flakes? And who could blame her? wink

Happy Birthday Annette and thank you so much for all of the hard work that must go into these boards and the dedication that you have for keeping Lois and Clark story alive.
Have a wonderful day. party

Sarah-Jayne smile

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve - Still Me
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part, I can’t wait to read the next one smile1 .

“Who says I’m not attracted to you?”
What a cliffhanger, stopping there thumbsup

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part with an evil cliffhanger!!!
I can't wait to find out how Lois will react.

And of course, Happy Birthday to Annette!
party

~Sira ~ working with lots of people who have their birthdays in spring (like Lucie --> today!!!) laugh

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great start, Wendy!! I wonder what's coming next.

Happy Birthday, Annette! party party

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Intriguing, Lois dumping food on her unsuspecting 'date' was hilarious! Any self respecting woman would understand those actions! I just might do that myself too see if THAT teaches them any manners.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Happy Birthday, Annette wave

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Annette, I'm so glad that it's your birthday because it got Wendy to write another story.

It does seem that Lois is dense here, but at least Clark is setting her straight. For a brilliant investigative reporter...

Anyway, just one question. Doesn't the Flaky melt into the chocolate or do you just dunk and then suck the bar? blush Hmmm...this could very easily change into an nfic. huh

gerry laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy Birthday Annette....

Great job with the boards.

This place gives us our own fortress of solitude, a place to hide away from dreaded REAL LIFE

Wendy, great story. Evil cliffhanger, the best kind!

Eagerly awaiting part #2

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
wow, this is already so sweet and fun --I can't wait to read how L will react to that last statement.

One small nitpick
"At that thought, her gaze fell on her partner, sitting at his end of the sofa and sipping his coffee"

I thought he had made two cups of hot chocolate, not coffee.

Top Banana
Top Banana
So cute! Nice start! blush

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNETTE!!
party

Thank you so much for all you do!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A wonderful start! smile1

Happy birthday, Annette! party

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Happy Birthday Annette! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy Birthday, Annette!! You are the (wo)man!!
party

And Wendy, sweet story. As you know, I love growly jealous Clark, and I think you need to send me a Flake so I can experience the same wonderful thing that Lois gets to have.

Can't wait to see how Clark explains his way out of this cliffhanger <g>! Looking forward to the next part...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey guys! Thank you for all the birthday wishes. smile

I had the opportunity, on the plane, to read this entirely! It's fantastic, as only a Wendy fic can be!

Thank you for writing it for me, Wendy. smile smile smile

I'm very lucky to have friends like you all.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey guys, thank you all so much for your wonderful comments on this! I'm stunned and delighted. blush

José asked:
Wendy... why the cliffhanger?
Um... because I could? goofy

Nice little cliffie there, even if not in the classic sense of the word. Could this be <gasp> an angst-free Wendy fic?
Ya think, Hazel? <g>

Looks like you all liked the cliffhanger, anyway. Well, sort of. goofy

Joy, thank you!!
One small nitpick
"At that thought, her gaze fell on her partner, sitting at his end of the sofa and sipping his coffee"

I thought he had made two cups of hot chocolate, not coffee.
Yup, my mistake... one not caught by my BRs, either! :p All corrected now.

Hazel asked:
Whatshisname jokes aside, isn't that a bit OOC for Lois? How many people, other than Dan and Lex, did she actually date on the series? Patrick doesn't count.
Actually, I took my cue for this from the Pilot, Hazel. In that, there are two references to Lois dating guys who meant little or nothing to her - she has a little black book, which she went through and chose someone to phone before she asked Clark to go with her to the White Orchid ball. Second, there's that conversation she had with Lucy, where she protests that she has dates, and Lucy counters that she has interviews. Anyway, my vision of Lois dating men who mean nothing to her will become clearer in Part 2. smile

And this reminds me of something I meant to say when I posted Part 1. I'm sure several of you noticed a similarity between the start of this and Erin's lovely The Marriage Pact. I wasn't actually thinking of Erin's story at all when I came up with the idea for this, but once I had the idea and knew that it had to be post- a disastrous date for Lois I realised that it was similar to Erin's. So I meant to acknowledge that at the beginning, but forgot.

And last and most important...

I had the opportunity, on the plane, to read this entirely! It's fantastic, as only a Wendy fic can be!

Thank you for writing it for me, Wendy.
Thank YOU, Annette!! I'm delighted that you enjoyed it. Hope you had an absolutely terrific birthday, even if we did make you eat Chinese food! <g>

Part 2 coming up soon.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard