I know it's a bit (read: four months) late, but it just occured to me that no one wrote a story for Jingle Bell Rock when LabRat issued the challenge .

That, and I'm the only person who listens to Christmas songs in April, goofy and on top of that I don't even celebrate Christmas! So, yes, I am definitely a unique person. Here it is:

-----
Jingle Bell Rock
Julie Stars <stars_julie@hotmail.com>
April 2004
-----

Lois Lane stepped out of the house she shared with her husband and smiled.

Clark had done a great job decorating it, the bells were ringing and swinging with the wind, and a gentle white mist hovered in the air. The wind was gentle and the fact it was snowing didn't even bother her.

Across the road, she saw children playing in bushels of fun, soft snow.

Ten minutes later she and her husband were standing on Jingle Bell Square, in the biggest party of the year. Everyone danced in the frosty air, and she pressed herself to Clark's protective chest.

It was such a bright time of year. The right time for a holiday. They'll rock the night away and have a swell time.

Tomorrow, he'd promised, they could go sliding in a horse drawn sleigh. Speaking of which, there were a few around the square, picking up their feet and putting them down again, making their presence known.

The crowd surrounded them and soon they were mixed in, listening to the beat of the bells and drums mingling.

It was a perfect night.

---

Lyrics:

Jingle Bell Rock Lyrics

Jingle bell, jingle bell
Jingle bell rock
Jingle bell swing
And jingle bells ring
Snowin' and blowin'
Up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun

Jingle bell, jingle bell
Jingle bell rock
Jingle bells chime in
Jingle bell time
Dancin' and prancin'
In jingle bell square
In the frosty air

What a bright time
It's the right time
To rock the night away
Jingle bell, time
Is a swell time
To go glidin' in a
one horse sleigh

Giddy-up, jingle horse
Pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock
Mix and mingle
In a jinglin' beat
That's the jingle bell rock

---
(c) 2004 Julie Stars

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)