Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12066 04/09/04 08:44 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, Sara! That's terrific! Thanks smile Your stories are always so poetic and beautifully written... and I love the roller-coaster metaphor, and the idea of him telling her about Superman over the *phone* had me falling over laughing... rotflol

And what a sweet ending... I can see that Clark would think of that, setting up a priceless birthday present a few decades in advance. Wow.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJ
who is having a fabulous birthday smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! Just lovely, Sara!!

I would do anything for her. I would fetch the moon on a string for her. I would fly into space and pluck the brightest star, I would search in the depths of an Amazonian rainforest for a flower for her - with or without superpowers.
Aww!! Just adored this! /me melts.

Super. Superman. Another bump on the ride. I got so riddled with guilt, so disgusted at my cowardice, so laden with worry, that in the end I chickened out and told her over the phone. Gabbled, "LoisI'mSuperman" and dropped the receiver. She didn't speak to me for weeks after that one. Not until I rescued her from a gang of armed thieves, in fact. And when she *did* begin to talk... whoa. Hell hath no fury compared to an angry Lois Lane.
ROFLMAO!! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, still don't have time for reading fanfic these days...but found myself sucked into this one and it was so short...

And loved it. The phone thing as others have noted had me dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
That's so sweet Sara. You know I did something like that once. I went to a wedding of a coworker who was about 10 years younger than me, and I wrote her a letter which I told them to open on their tenth anniversary (and, they made it!)

In the letter I told them all the things they would experience in their thirties.....as I was knocking on the door of 40 (back then!!),,wish I still was.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to Pam, that was another one of the wonderful birthday fics I've read today!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sara, I already told you this earlier, but I wanted to say it again.

Even though it was short, it was absolutely beautiful. A few funny moments, definitely a lot of 'awwww', but most of all, you have some fantastic introspection in here. smile

So, despite that you thought I wouldn't like, I did. Please write more stuff like that, I love good stories like this one!

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sara this was adorable! good job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Great, Sara! clap clap

I love the way you write. Keep up the good work!

Happy Birthday, boards and Pam (and Rivka, as I saw in another post smile )

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, that was beautiful!!! wave

Kerth
Kerth
So beautiful mecry

Jose cool

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! This is beautifully written. smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey, all wave

I am so sorry that it took me so long to respond to all of this - I'm in the middle of a very real family crisis at the moment so my free time is practically nonexistent frown But I really, really, really, really, really appreciated all of your kind words, and I just wanted to let you all know that smile I feel really bad, but I don't have time to respond fully, but let me just say that I was really, really happy that the phone-thing made you guys laugh dance

So Pam, Wendy, Rat, Chris, Sas, Laura, Anna, Julia, José and Tricia... thank you all so much. You're the best!!! blush

Sara.

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sorry I'm so late with comments. Heck, I seem to be late with everything these days, thanks to RL, and when he's a pain in the butt, I even use the *other* RL to help me with my homework.. Thanks, Roger wink

Anyway, to the point: I cannot *believe* your ability to combine words, sentence struncture and just sheer brilliance into a fic as short as this. It's...poetic. Yup, that's the word. And so much more. Whatever the theme is, the plot, the mood, you have this unique ability to make everything sound so much...*more*. And that's what makes a great story smile

Did I mention that I just love this?! laugh

Pelican smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard