Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece! smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
So, again Clark just assumes that Lois married Lex and his bad behavior just continues.

Looking forward to more!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ak so where is the rest of this story? How long will we have to wait! More...now! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
Yay!

Fantastic part Sas!! thumbsup

The fight at the meeting is good!! whinging

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YAY!!! Part 2, finally nagging pays! See? I can be evil too, sometimes smile

Well, really nice part, this is getting better with each line, good job. I really like the conference room argument, too.

Still,

This was strictly business.
Sure, and I'm Julia Roberts! Plus April fools was last week wink

OTOH, if I take it litterally:

This was strictly business.
This is pure evilSasness!

Carole smile1

PS: and Saturday for part 3 is totally unfair, I must protest! <g>

Top Banana
Top Banana
I defended Lois over in "A Nightmare Come True", now I have to defend Clark. I do not think he is behaving poorly at all, under the circumstances.

Frankly, I never bought into the whole Mad Dog Lane, star Investigative Reporter, 3-time Kerth Award winner is fooled by Lex Luthor, even after being challenged by Clark with the words, "You're the investigative reporter... investigate!". But that's what the show gave us, and your story starts out on the premise that that's what happened, so I'm going to go with it here.

OK. So, Lois is duped by Lex, and did not have a clue as to what he was hiding. Clark, on the other hand, has been investigating from the get-go, and has gathered files full of evidence on him. And now, Lois waltzes into the conference room (15 minutes late) and declares that the Luthor story should be hers? mad

BTW, irritating as her behavior is, it is typical Lois! thumbsup

Great story, Sas! The conference room scene was classic. More!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Saskia

A wonderful part! thumbsup

I'm going away tomorrow and won't be back till very late Monday. So I have to wait to read the next part. frown I'm enjoying this immensely.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, everybody has already pointed out how great this is so... I'm just going to complain a little...

Aw, fine... I'll be nice laugh

There some great introspection, and the newsroom scene, though short, is great too.

But... Nothing really happened in this part, SAS!!!!!!!!!!!! And you say I don't get more until Saturday? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!! wildguy

Cris

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for all the comments, both here, on IRC and by email. You've all made my pretty horrible week a lot better! smile

Frankly, I never bought into the whole Mad Dog Lane, star Investigative Reporter, 3-time Kerth Award winner is fooled by Lex Luthor, even after being challenged by Clark with the words, "You're the investigative reporter... investigate!". But that's what the show gave us, and your story starts out on the premise that that's what happened, so I'm going to go with it here.
I totally agree with you here, Vicki. I don't quite see how Lois could have not seen through Lex and just ignored Clark's warnings. But it is what the show gave us. I think I'll use that as a premise for one of my next stories. The idea for this particular story came from the song Lost Without You. It just fit at this point, so I used the show. Mind you, I already changed some things, so I could have done that here too, but for me this just seems more logical. Lois and Clark needed something to fight about, and this just worked for me.

Thank you for the compliments, Vicki! blush I'm very happy you think it's all working so far. My BRs can tell you how unsure I've been about this part (and the next one as well. wink ), so I'm delighted you say it's in character for the both of them!

Thank you so much, Maria, Chris, Laura, Jose, Carole, Vicki, Tricia and Cris. smile

The next part will go up in a few hours, after I'm back from dinner. Sorry, I do need to eat. <g>

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YES! An angsty HoL story! That's all I really had to say since you're posting the next part soon. goofy Can't wait!

JD
pshhh, you don't *really* need to prioritize food before fanfic, do you? Kidding, kidding!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark.

Her former partner.

Once her best friend.

Still the man she loved.
Awww! Those lines were so touching! And so true! And throughout this section you've shown how that friendship seems to be dead. They're not even walking on eggshells around each other. They're breaking the shells all right! eek

“Are you implying that since you married the man and never even saw all the evil that he was, you know what’s for the best here? For all we know, you were in on it with him,” Clark finally replied, eyeing her skeptically.
Ouch! This one is NOT going to go down well. Clark will have to do some major grovelling if he wants Lois to ever forgive him. I know he has no clue that she turned down Luthor before he was caught, and that she decided she didn't love him, but still. That was very harsh!!

Curious to see where you're taking us!! smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jen, thanks for your comments. I'm glad you're reading and enjoying this. And food? My mom and my stomache seem to think I need to eat on occassion. wink You wouldn't want me to faint and not be able to post, now would you? :p

Kae, glad to see you're still around and reading, and more important, that I didn't scare you of yet. wink

They're not even walking on eggshells around each other. They're breaking the shells all right!
You got that right! /me hands Kae the glue for part 3... wink

I hope you'll enjoy the rest and that my solution in part 5 (where ever did I think I could keep this short? goofy ) is satisfying.

Thanks again, guys! smile

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard