Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw Wendy I loved this little story. What a nice present for Helene! Lucky Girl! Very cute revelation on the roof top of the Daily Planet Bulilding. Nice touch! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Blogger
Blogger
Lovely as always. thumbsup

clap

Thanks.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I read this yesterday, and I was too distracted by other stuff to comment. I enjoyed this part... but I think I'm gonna have to read it again when I've got some time to pay attention to it <g>

I did like Lois asking "what circumstances?" and Clark's reply was a stunner laugh

You should write birthday fic more often, Wendy wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A wonderful finish! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Wendy. Sorry for not commenting on the first part, but I've been alternatively too busy or too tired to comment much at all on the boards.

I love this story! You got to actually use the idea that came up with your Marry in Haste story with the premise of Lois accepting Luthor's proposal because she wanted to consciously/subconsciously blackmail Superman into revealing his feelings. It's actually a really logical explanation for why she'd want to marry a guy she barely knows and cares little for.

She'd run to him. Not Perry. Not her mother. Not Jimmy. Not any of the men in her contacts book. Not any of her friends from her NOW chapter. No; when she'd been in need of support or even just of companionship, she'd gone to Clark.
Good realization here that it's Clark she thinks of whenever she's in trouble or when she just wants a friend. BTW, I'm not sure if she's actually a NOW member. In "Lucky Leon," she mentions the National Organization of Women Journalists, but I don't think that's the same organization (or whether it even exists at all). If you were intending NOW, then ignore this comment, but if you were going for the organization she mentions in LL, then it's the NOWJ.

Superman? Superman knew stuff about Lex and hadn't told her?

So he hadn’t just ignored the fact that she was engaged to marry someone else despite her declaration of love for him; he’d also failed to tell her the very important information that her fiancé might be a criminal!
Whoops. A slip of the tongue for Clark, mentioning Superman knows all this stuff. I'm glad Lois now believes Clark about Lex. Now that the "jealousy" angle is removed, Lois doesn't see why Clark would possibly lie about this. Of course mentioning Superman may have pushed her into believing him.

It didn’t make sense. Why was she going there? Why, at almost midnight, had she chosen to pay a visit to a burned-out shell of a building which had once been a thriving, busy newspaper office?
Nice symbolic place to call Superman. To where it had all begun. smile
What other reason could she possibly have for wanting to see Superman right now? he asked himself bitterly. He’d been right after all; Lois hadn’t really meant the kiss or her declaration of love. She still wanted Superman.
Poor Clark. But it was a very logical assumption on his part, but doesn't say much for his faith in Lois, who said she loved Clark. Asking him about Lex was a good way to stun him into sensibility.

He took a deep breath. “Under the circumstances... that you’d already turned me down as an ‘ordinary man’, Lois.”
Aww, I like this revelation. It may not be the nicest possible revelation, but under the circumstances of Lois' bozo-behavior, it's a good way to go. And it's done in a way that pre-empts Lois' anger.
She took a step towards him, hope in her heart again. “So we can kiss and make up, then?” she asked cautiously.
Yay! Smoochies! Always a great way to make up! hyper

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally, a reason for Lois accepting Lex's proposal! I commend every other fanfic writer who has ever attempted to explain this inexplicable event, but I do have to say, I like your explanation the best! thumbsup

Great story! clap

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
Kerth
smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful, Wendy! smile

The explanation certainly worked for me. Poor Clark though, you certainly put him through a lot. Does she love him or doesn't she love him? And what part of him then?

So I'm glad it all worked out fine! You had some great lines in here!

What I also thought was great was the fact they stood on top of the Daily Planet... not just any building, but the place where it all started.

So what's next on your list? You've done quite some happy waffy short stuff lately... where's the next whammy epic? wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, you did it. You came up with a good, solid explanation for why Lois hadn't intended to go through with the marriage. It makes perfect sense.

But -- and I'm sure you knew there had to be a but in there somewhere -- it doesn't make me like her very much! Who knew she could be that manipulative?

Even though she has now come to her senses, and she has seen and understood the error of her ways, I can't help but think that these two still have issues to resolve before they fly off into the realms of happy-ever-after.

Then again, this is fanfiction, so who really minds about all those reality check type things when there can be happy endings and smoochies?

Oh, yes, and you can add me to the legion of fans for that particular revelation.

Chris

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

Just what I needed after a razz and a grumble day at work.

I'm in a very nice, happy place now smile

Thank you!

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, it was close.

I have to apologise to all the writers who have indulged themselves with BoTP/HoL pastiches in honor of Kae's birthday. I read them and found them well done, but probably didn't comment on them because I hate that arc. It was character assassination pure and simple.

I'll give Wendy credit, not only for another well-written story, but for trying to put some 'logic' into Lois' actions. Of course, the logic she chose, was for Lois to act in an irrational manner. One would have to admit that trying to make Superman jealous by accepting Lex's marriage propasal is a bit irrational, but I suppose one could say that Lois' infatuation with the Man O' Steel bordered on irrationality.

Anyway, another fine job, Wendy.

NEXT!

Tank (who figures that the next fic Wendy tackles should really test her abilities... how about a story with a good haircut for Lois wink )

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, incredible little story! thumbsup

The revelation was excellent. My reaction pretty much mirrored Lois's when I read it. jawdrop At that point of the story it was unexpected (at least for me wink ), but I think just that was great!

Julia smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
“You were hoping that Superman would find out and change his mind. You wanted him to come to you and tell you that he was wrong to turn you down. You wanted him to beg you to break your engagement and be with him instead. Isn’t that it?”
I *so* love this explanation! Although I should yell at you because you just gave me another fanfic idea, and considering the number of unfinished WIPs on my hard drive, you should be ashamed of yourself. wink

"If only you'd kissed me that day in the park... then I might have known how I felt."
And this is one of my very favourite lines. So true!! mecry

Then, slowly, giving her plenty of time to pull away, Clark raised his hand to cup her face. Holding her lightly, he swayed towards her, and then their lips met.
Yes!!!!!!!!!

With a sound which was almost a sigh of relief, Lois slid her hands into his hair and kissed him back, her lips parting as she instinctively deepened the embrace.
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He took a deep breath. “Under the circumstances... that you’d already turned me down as an ‘ordinary man’, Lois.”
And what a great way for Clark to reveal his secret identity. Another one of my favourite lines, that one. smile

She reached up to kiss him quickly before answering. “You did? See what?” She knew what he meant, but wanted him to tell her once more the way he felt about her.

“The way that we belong, Lois.” He touched his forehead to hers. “The way I’ve felt we’ve belonged since the day I first saw you.”
Awwwww! That was so beautiful, Wendy! Thanks so much for writing a story that includes angst, waffs and wonderful insights about the characters, all nicely wrapped in your emotional style. Thanks for the wonderful present! sloppy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kaethel wrote:
you just gave me another fanfic idea
smile1

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry; this is the first I've had a chance to come back and thank you all for your wonderful comments. blush I'm so glad you all - especially Kaethel - enjoyed the story.

I'm delighted that you all found Lois's reason for accepting Lex's proposal convincing - or, in Tank's case, at least semi-convincing. wink Incidentally, Tank, apologies for subjecting you to yet another HoL adaptation! smile1 Though don't forget all those other WIPs you have...

And Tank, stories involving a good haircut? I trust my interventions on the drabble challenge thread have sufficed! evil

Thanks again, everyone!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard