Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I can't believe I get to start the comments folder for this great story...

Sas, you're outdoing yourself!!!! smile1

There some great introspection, especially on Clark's side.

I really enjoyed this part but now... TUESDAY??????????? wildguy

Cris>

EDITED: Sorry, I forgot.. Happy Birthday... ummm.. wait, whose Bday did you all say it was??? laugh HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAETHEL!!!!! party

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy birthday, Kaethel!!! My favorite stories are centered around HoL/BatP. So, it's excellent as usual. Cannot wait for part 2!! party party

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Saskia

An excellent start! goofy

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part. smile

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Tuestday!! :rolleyes:

smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Another HoL story? I'm sensing a pattern here... wink

Very nice, Saskia, but very razz

Liked this very much:
He had rejected her!

He had humiliated her!

She sighed in resignation. Obviously, all men she felt attracted to were scum. Well, she could do without them! She had done without them for years, it couldn’t be so hard now.
Okay, you can post part 2 now! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry about the second comment folder...I spotted this one too late.

You already know what I think of this smile1

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Another HoL story! Being it's a story for Kaethel, we shouldn't be surprised. smile

She had expected Clark to welcome her back gladly. But instead, she had felt coldness and something else radiating from him. When she’d looked at his face she’d seen fear in his eyes. He’d quickly covered it, but she’d noticed it.
It's good that Clark isn't so forgiving. In the show, he's just wayyyy too good. After all the stuff Lois put him through, I wouldn't have been surprised if he refused to give her a hug in the first place.

She was now Mrs. Lex Luthor.
Eep. Clark doesn't know that Lois said no before Perry and Bill bust in. This leads to some very interesting conversation.

Horrified, Lois looked at Clark’s slumping back. Her best friend couldn’t stand to have her around.

It was simply all her fault.

She’d driven Clark away by accepting Luthor’s proposal. Her assumption of jealousy earlier wasn’t true at all. She now knew that Clark had been right all along about Luthor. It was all so clear now. Clark despised her almost-to-be-husband. And even with her reporting skills, she’d failed to see what was right in front of her. She could slam her head against a wall; she’d been so stupid! It was obvious Clark blamed her for that and even made her pay.
At least she realizes how bad her behavior's been to him. She deserves the cold shoulder for a while.

“Yes, Clark. I know we’ve been through a very difficult period. And I’ve missed you very much. But you seem so distant and unsure around me now. What’s the matter? What did I do wrong?”
As Tempus would say, "Hello, duh?"

With a deep breath, he tried to steady his voice before speaking again. “I know. I just don’t understand what you ever saw in that creep. And I feel really bad that you didn’t trust my judgment. Maybe I should have told you what I knew, even if it wasn’t solid proof, but it might have changed a lot and then we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now.”

“You’re darn right about that! Why didn’t you ever tell me about that? We shared everything else. And you made me believe I could trust you while your actions showed I couldn’t. Don’t you see that’s why I couldn’t talk to you about all this?”
Here, they both are at fault. Clark's had a year as either Clark or Superman to tell her specifics about why Luthor was evil. Superman could have mentioned it at any time, but Clark's ego got in the way. But then Lois wasn't interested in hearing any particulars from Clark. They'd get into arguments immediately, making anything Clark says meaningless.

“No, I don’t! You knew me! And you also knew I can put aside my own feelings to discuss something. Since you already knew how I felt, we didn’t even have to discuss it. But you never even bothered to ask *why* I felt that way!” Clark spat out.

“Why should I? Yesterday you said you didn’t have the proof until recently. And you know I wouldn’t have believed it without that proof! I think you’re still acting on jealousy! Luthor offered me what you never could.”
But then Lois contradicts herself. Big surprise. smile She berates Clark for never telling her why he distrusted Luthor, but yet she says here that she wouldn't have believed him anyway without absolute proof.

Then she says that deadly line about Luthor offering her what he couldn't. I have a problem with Clark's lack of reaction to it. He registers the comment but dismisses it from his mind almost immediately. I would think that if anyone in love heard this from the person they were in love with, they would barely be able to think of anything else. A comment like that would be pretty damaging and would give plenty of ammunition for Clark to just walk away and never talk to her again. Yet here, he practically ignores it. I think having Clark be very upset here would make more sense. Instead, he lets Lois continue on the offensive. An explosion on his part would work better. Maybe an angry comment on his not being rich enough or not being exciting enough or not being criminal enough for her would have been good. It doesn't have to be rational, but anger would fit better here.

At least Clark does leave, but that's due to a Superman emergency. I would have liked it if he were upset by that comment and left Lois without an emergency.

Can't wait until Tuesday for the next part!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww, thanks all for the comments and compliments! blush I'm really glad you all seem to be enjoying it. You guys made my weekend! And it's making me less terrified to post the next section.

Roger, thanks for all your help! smile I've considered your comments, especially regarding Lois's remark. I have to say you have a good point there, so for the final version, look for some edits. wink I already spotted where I can make some changes while still keeping most of what I have. Right now, I'm more concerned about finishing part four, so as soon as that's done, I'll go add that part. Thank you!! smile

I really enjoyed this part but now... TUESDAY???????????
Tuestday!!
Okay, you can post part 2 now!
Still, just one question: Where the hell is part 2?
Well, I guess it's finally Tuesday for the impatient ones among us. wink So in a little while, I'll post the next part. And just for the reminder, unless you come up with really good means of bribary, part 3 will be posted on Saturday.

Thanks again, Cris, Maria, Sheila, Tricia, Jose, Wendy, Carole and Roger!

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
At last I manage to make some time to read!!! Saskia, first of all I want to apologise for taking so long to get to your story. I haven't had much free time lately. frown

But reading that first section sure made my break from work worthwhile! Another THoL story! How did you know I love those? goofy

And I see the rift between Lois and Clark is still deep and full of hurt. Will they manage to patch things up? And now Clark's promised to tell her more about himself. Actually it makes me wonder if Lois picked up or will pick up on the following line:

“There are just things about me you don’t know, and which you’ll probably never know.”
Will read part 2 later this evening once I'm done with !%@!# essay. :p

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
At last I manage to make some time to read!!! Saskia, first of all I want to apologise for taking so long to get to your story. I haven't had much free time lately.
No need to apologize, Kaethel. I know how busy you've been, so just take your time. This story won't walk away. wink I'm very happy you found this story worthwile for a break! smile1

Another THoL story! How did you know I love those?
I think it was one of those little birds that flew by my window and whispered to me 'Hol! Hol!' wink

And I see the rift between Lois and Clark is still deep and full of hurt. Will they manage to patch things up? And now Clark's promised to tell her more about himself. Actually it makes me wonder if Lois picked up or will pick up on the following line
shock To be honest, not one of those. At least, not any time soon. Before this will come up again, a lot will have happened in between. But I can't say more, I can't give spoilers now. wink

I hope you're life eases up soon, and of course, I can only hope you'll like the next parts as well.

Thank *you* for taking the time to read this when I know you are so incredibly busy, and thanks *so* much for even giving me some feedback!

Saskia jump

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard