Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, well, well... Lois is coming to her senses, is she? It's about bloody well time laugh

I love the discussion about whether to have a 12 or 15 car garage... goofy

Good for her, getting brave enough to call Clark, and getting even braver and asking him over. We've still got some angst to go, I'm sure (it *is* a story for Kae, after all), but Wendy'll fix it smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
But I never actually meant to marry him!
Lois has said this several times, and I wonder what she was thinking when she accepted Lex's proposal. I'm looking forward to the answer.

Clark is angry and hurt. I'm glad that he said something and didn't keep it to himself. Maybe that's why this is only a two part story. goofy

Waiting for Sunday,
gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice and Happy Birthday Helene! Good job as usual Wendy. I am looking forward to the next bit. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice job Wendy..

Poor Lois..wake up and smell the coffee girl! Lex is a slimeball! laugh

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A wonderful start! smile1

Happy birthday, Kaethel! party

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
Yay! Wendy fic!! smile1

Feliz cumpleaños Kae!!! party

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
razz

Seriously, this is great. Lot's of angst, a few sweet moments, even an 'ewwwwwwwwww' moment and some nice dialogue! smile I especially like Lois's conscience that suddenly sounds like Clark. goofy

Now hurry up and let it be Sunday so we can find out why Lois accepted Lex's proposal but never intended to marry him...

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wendy your stories are so good with dialogue. The way you go back and forth between people including all the thought processes makes me feel like I'm watching an episode right now.

And now I'm at a commercial break and find out I gotta wait until Sunday, which sucks for me cause I'm not online on the weekends.

ERRRRG!!!

So anyway can't wait for next part here, REALLY I CAN'T!!!!! grumble

TEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrgghhhh!!! That pretty much sums up the way I feel after reading that! goofy

Awww because that's so sweet of you to write a story for me when I know you're pretty much as swamped with work as I am - so thank you so much! blush And a THoL adaptation, too! And based on a song we've both sung loads of times. laugh

Awww also because it was so very sweet! I loved how Lois came to her senses and suddenly realised how crazy she had been to think she was compatible with Lex, their kiss making her aware of what she'd missed until then. And I was fascinated with Clark's cold (and very understandable) reactions, then when Lois cried, he was there and sweet as always. So in a nutshell, awwww. smile

But arrrrgh because you did it again! You posted part 1 and are going to make me wait for part 2. And that's whinging

Kaethel smile (who needs to get back to working on a dissertation, an essay and a teaching placement, but not before she sends a yell to Wendy via SMS laugh )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Wendy, I liked this! And Happy Birthday, Kaeth!!!

I shuddered (with disgust, in case anyone was wondering) throughout the first half of this section because you did such a great job writing Lex as being smug, superior, autocratic, domineering, and completely nauseating! YUCK!!! mad

Lois, HELLO, you weren't thinking at all, were you? I very much doubt that Lex expected to have a marriage in name only! As others have already said, you did your usual fantastic job with both Lois's and Clark's introspection - I was fascinated by Lois's thought processes as she reviewed the whole progression of events, culminating in their becoming engaged, until she finally realized that she hadn't thought this through at all (and 10,000 square feet for the servants quarters?? What would I have to do? Never mind, not if it meant working for....but I digress). My absolute favorite part was how Lois kept reiterating (whether internally, very loudly to herself, or to Clark) "but I never meant to marry him!" laugh Too funny, and very much Lois!

And poor Clark. We could really feel his conflicted emotions. His disgust with himself for being unable to stay away from Lois or stay mad at her, his love, and his dismay and helplessness when faced with her tears.

And now we have to wait until Sunday for part 2 (although I shouldn't complain - I haven't exactly been a regular visitor here lately, unfortunately! peep )?? Looking forward to it. smile

Vicki (who really needed this respite of enjoyable sanity during her extremely crazy work day...)

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, this was a typical Wendy effort. Well written, good introspection and exploration of our duo's complex and conflicting feelings.

Still it is a BaTP/HoL setting which makes it that much more difficult to deal with. How does one explain the inexplainable. There just is no way that the Lois presented all during the first season would have ever have excepted Lex's proposal.

I'm curious as to what Lois means by her plantive cry of "I never intended to marry him". It's going to be a tough sell, but probably fun.

Tank (who could make a suggestion to Wendy as to how she could really make this fic better, but realizes that the story is probably already finished)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I read this yesterday, and I've been thinking on-and-off about what to say since.

It's beautifully written (of course) and full of powerful emotions (ditto). It's angsty, so Kae will undoubtedly be in her element with this. In fact, it pushes all the right buttons. smile

The only problem I had was with the idea that Lois had never planned to marry Lex in the first place. I'm hoping that you will explain this more fully in part two.

Of course, for me, although I like BatP and HOL, I always wonder quite why Lois let things get so out of hand with the whole marriage thing. However, I've always assumed that she did -- no matter how reluctantly -- intend to go through with it. It was just at the very last minute that she realised she couldn't go through with the wedding.

Maybe she's got her cold feet that little bit earlier here. But that doesn't really explain the whole I-never-intended-to-do-it thing.

Maybe what you are getting at here is that she's never actually thought her actions through to their logical conclusion, that she buried her head in the sand until reality came along and tapped -- very hard -- her on the shoulder.

I'm sure, though, that you will wrap everything up neatly in the final part. I'm looking forward to it.

Chris smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You had to. Didn't you, Wendy? You just had to write a fic based on a WESTLIFE song, of all things. Thanks to you and that other razz

And what a story it is!! I think at this point most people know how whinging

Damn. She was crying.
wildguy

Sara [still singing <g>]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back at last! Thank you to all of you who commented on part 1 - I really appreciate your feedback. It was wonderful to come back to after the business trip from hell. razz (Well, actually, the work side was nice. But we were staying in the hotel from hell, and I didn't sleep at all for two nights. frown )

Anyway... I see several people are wondering what Lois means by saying that she never meant to marry Lex in the first place. Well, that's all explained in Part 2, and I hope you think it answers your questions.

Chris, thanks for your lovely compliment. Vicki, wonderful to see you back!! smile Kae, I'm so glad you liked this - as for making you wait for Part 2, come on, be honest! Even if I had posted it sooner, you wouldn't have had time to read it! frown Hope that horrendous workload eases up soon!

Right; part 2's up and I hope you all like it!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard