daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow!!

he needed her help!!! goofy

I can't deny I wasn't expecting the turn to Bill Church blush

Jose cool

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#11700 03/29/04 04:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great stuff, Gerry! Sorry I've been absent for a couple of sections - been away then up to my eyes catching up (you know what it's like! :rolleyes: ). Anyway, really enjoying this still. Your description of Clark's lunch with Mayson was so vivid that I could have been the waitress watching them. smile

Clark's clearly dating the wrong woman, and if he stopped and thought just for one second he'd know it:
"You’re smiling at me."

"Sor..." He stopped himself from completing the word. He wasn’t sorry that he was staring at her. He loved watching her move, but he couldn’t tell her that. "I was just thinking."

"Happy thoughts?"

"How incredibly brilliant you are. I love the way you face a problem head on and come up with a solution."

Lois opened her mouth, but she was unsure of what kind of answer that statement deserved. Smiling, she turned to switch off her computer. And I love the way you smile at me, she thought.
Great exchange, and just so true of both of them. thumbsup

More soon!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#11701 03/29/04 08:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#11702 03/29/04 10:14 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Great part thumbsup , especially the end, which is a really great exchange between the two of them.
And I love the way you smile at me, she thought.
Awww! blush

I need more of this,

Julia

#11703 03/29/04 02:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mayson stumbles and Lois moves in for the kill. laugh You gotta love it! clap

#11704 03/30/04 06:55 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You have catched something very essential. Clark is an intelligent quy and there is something in Lois that is unique and continues to fascinate Clark intellectually as well as emotionally.

She’s brilliant, he thought again as he watched her walk back to her desk. She would take hold of a situation and look at it in a way that he would consider illogical, but then she’d make the impossible, possible by seeing something that he totally missed. Yet, once he thought about it, her conclusions made sense.

He watched Lois clean up the scattered papers on her desk.

Mayson, he thought, was willing to accept the obvious answers, not probing deeply beneath the surface. She was bright and efficient, but he’d never seen the spark of excitement that Lois had when she got an idea into her head. She never set off the sparks in Clark the way Lois did.

He wondered, not for the first time, why he was leading Mayson on, dating her, having lunch with her. If he was honest with himself, he knew exactly who he wanted, and he knew that it was time that he did something...
Lucky Lois - Clark will never get tired in observing her!

But when do Clark begin to do something?

Gabriele
#11705 03/30/04 07:26 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark realizes he's only leading Mayson on, but he still keeps going? That's not like the boy.

Why didn't he suggest to Mayson that her father was clean, but someone was afraid he might stumble onto something crooked?

Wonderful A-plot detail. I love seeing LnC actually doing real work! wink

I see we're two-thirds through, so let's have MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#11706 03/30/04 01:47 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Gerry

An excellent part! thumbsup I love Lois and Clark's conversation. clap

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Tricia cool

#11707 03/31/04 02:09 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Thanks for all your comments. They help me decide if what I planned to do is working or not.

Sometimes I make some wee edits to help out.

Maria, a latch-key kid is one whose parents work during the day and the child comes home to an "empty" house. This was a term that was used more in the 50s and 60s when middle class mothers didn't tend to go to work. Many believed that the latch-key child was deprived. goofy

Now, onto part 9.

gerry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard