OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm this is getting interesting. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), The Flash (Barry Gordon), possibly Pete Ross....Hmmm besides Bruce Wayne I'm still missing one. They're from the JLA. Aquaman maybe??

Good installment. Lois' detective work in his apartment is interesting.

Love this "comic=book" version!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You got two of them. smile But I figured the guy in the back might be a problem. Think early JLA.
And it's Barry "Allan". I think Barry Gordon was the guy who did the "Last Dragon" movie back in the 80's. laugh

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Michael this is so much fun.

Not only is it a great developing Lois and Clark story, but it's an extra treat for us comic book geeks.

Your Lois continues to be wonderful. You've managed to capture the comic book Lois as she was best presented, which did include a lot of the charm of the television version.

Oh, by the way, I think it's spelled Barry Allen. And our somewhat stand offish friend in the back would be Detective John Jones, or our favorite Martian, the Maritan Manhunter J'onn J'onzz.

Tank (who thinks it's too bad that DC comics editors won't read this and turn it into an elseworlds graphic novel)

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Michael

Another great part! dizzy

I'm thoroughly enjoying this and look forward to reading the next part.

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bingo, Tank. You and ChaaBreh nailed it. I was looking around Clark's apartment in my head trying to find things that didn't quite match up and saw that hanging on the wall. I knew I had to include it.

I'd love to turn this into an Elseworld's Graphic Novel, but it'd have to be Curt Swan to draw it just so it'd reconcile with the pictures in my head. smile Whenever I write a few scenes I have the urge to dig out some 1970's classic Superman and give them a read.

This whole experience may trigger a second childhood...well, possibly a third one anyway. laugh

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Michael, I think Curt would have loved to draw this story.

He was a guest at our convention back in '93 and was a favorite of everyone. He was the consumate gentleman and a really nice man. He truly loved drawing the Man of Steel (almost as much as he did playing golf wink ).

I can see his clean, expressive art style on this story also.

Tank (who still has the memory of 73 year old Curt Swan kicking everyone's butt at bowling on Sunday evening after the convention)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice stuff here, Michael. I did feel a little surprise that Lois didn't know Clark's apartment very well, and even more surprise that Clark wouldn't cover his tracks. But it made for a really lovely scene!

I'm pleased to see my guesses re the people in the picture were right: Hal Jordan in his good old daredevil days, Barry Allen pretending to be a slowpoke, Bruce, and J'onn. Was that supposed to be Detective Jones, or was he there under some other guise? It's a little thing, but I was under the impression that the Jones persona was a private eye and not a cop. Could be wrong. wink But if you're going to bring comics continuity into this, I like this way of doing it: the good old days when the superheroes were *friends*. Good for you. smile

Nice to see the A-plot ticking along, too!

One little thing, Michael: I had to laugh at your explanation for the blue eyes thingy. I first discovered LnC when I was desperately looking for any kind of Superman fanfic and then blinked when Debby Stark described his eyes as brown. wink So yes, I know where you're coming from!

Post more soon, okay?

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard