Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#11574 03/22/04 12:53 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Nice date!!! Too bad she hates Superman, or Lois would have had some real competition!!!

Poor Clark...he's in less trouble if he stays in his Clark personae....as Superman, he's not too popular!

I'm waiting for the big revelation. But I have a feeling it will be some time in coming.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#11575 03/22/04 01:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#11576 03/22/04 01:12 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part! Thank you for posting today! Gerry you point it out two reasons why I never liked Clark/Mayson relationship:

Why was he leading Mayson on?
And why was he thinking about a relationship with Lois if he was dating Mayson?
He is leading her on knowing he could never love her the way he loves Lois. If he is not careful he is going to hurt her a lot.

And the worst:

At least, Mayson wanted to be with him romantically.
Yes, going out with Mayson had been very pleasant...as long as she didn’t know that he was Superman.
This sounds like he is using Mayson. He knows she doens't like Superman and although you gave Mayson a different and more personal reason for not liking him, and her opinion might change, I believe what Clark is doing is very wrong. He knows that as long as Mayson doesn't like Superman there isn't much of a chance for a serious relationship between them.

He had told her several times, as himself, to be wary of Lex Luthor.
Sorry Clark, this isn't good enough. Lois was wrong not to believe him, but he was wrong for not telling her as both Clark and Superman exactly what he knew and suspected about Luthor. General warnings don't work if the person you are warning believes you are being jealous or has a personal interest at stake. If and only if after he told her everything and she still didn't believe him, he would be in the right. But as it is he is not.

He hadn’t seen Lois in his Superman guise since the night of the charity ball, but he wasn’t looking forward to the moment when he would. It was probably better to be invisible than to have Lois openly mad at him.
Clark is running away from his problems. If he cares about Lois and values their friendship he should talk to her as soon as possible. Now, not only he is loosing Lois as Superman he might loose her as Clark as well.

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
#11577 03/22/04 01:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ak 2 kisses what is wrong with that boy! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#11578 03/22/04 06:13 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Gerry

A fantastic part! dizzy
He knows he loves Lois but still kisses Mayson. And to make matters worse, Lois saw the kiss! eek

I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm looking forward to Superman meeting Lois.

Tricia cool

#11579 03/23/04 12:05 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Gerry, good instalment.

Ingra pretty much summed up what I feel (and did a much better job of saying it wink ). It's perfectly in canon established by the show that Clark is this wishy-washy when it comes to Mayson and Lois at this time, but it is frustrating.

I like how you've had Lois pushing Superman for his lack of 'being forthright' with her. She's absolutely right. If Superman really was her friend he would have said something. Clark was just letting his own petulance affect his judgement. True, it does absolve Lois of her refusal to listen to Clark, but he certainly isn't fighting for his point of view either.

Looking forward to more as it looks like you are going to take the Lois and Clark relationship to the edge of ruin (if not beyond) before you try to repair it.

Tank (who thinks that if Lois ever finds out about Clark and Mayson, she'll never forgive him even though she technically has no 'claim' to him)

#11580 03/23/04 01:49 AM
Kerth
Kerth
LOL!! Lois switched TV precisely in the moment Clark and Mayson are in TV smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#11581 03/23/04 07:50 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Gerry,

great part thumbsup

At home, getting ready for bed, Clark wanted to kick himself. Why was he leading Mayson on?
Yeah, why is he doing that??? confused huh confused

Waiting for more,

Julia smile

#11582 03/23/04 07:59 AM
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part smile1

#11583 03/23/04 01:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
You are really making it clear why Clark would like Mayson: she's good for his ego - but what about Superman? uh-oh!

This is getting really good! thumbsup

More! More! hyper

#11584 03/24/04 01:18 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark isn't thinking clearly. He figures Mayson is as good as Lois, since they both hate Superman, but he forgets that Lois is angry at Superman's *behavior*, not at Supes himself. Then again, it seems that Clark is fully preoccupied with digging himself into as deep a hole as possible, so perhaps I'll just drop it. wink

Give us MORE, and soon!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#11585 03/24/04 10:03 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Clark does seem to be leading Mayson on, and he isn't very nice about it. He does know what he wants, doesn't he?

Thanks for the feedback.

Since you're all so demanding, I'm going to cave in and send some more. goofy

gerry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard