Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Let me explain.

A while back I was in a waiting room looking through some old magazines they had there. In one of them I ran across an article about the San Francisco Police, and their 'Buzz the Fuzz' fund raising for children's cancer research that I mentioned in the story. I thought it might be a fun idea for a 'Haircut Challenge' type story. But since the haircut challenges haven't been around for quite a while I just tucked the idea into the back of my mind.

Then came Roger's story and the mention that Kae had a birthday coming up. Well, knowing how much Kae LOVES Lois getting a haircut in stories I thought 'what a perfect way to celebrate her coming birthday'. So I wrote it up.

Any comments can go here.

Tank (who says, for the record, that he does prefer his Lois Lane with a shorter hairstyle, but doesn't really think that she'd look better bald)

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Tank, you'll do anything to get Lois a hair cut, won't you? Not only a haircut, but revenge as well.

Cute story.

And happy birthday,Kaethel.

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFLMAO Tank!! goofy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, all I can say is: HA HA HA!! But really, you opened a can of worms now.....

I want the "Lex Luthor clones Lois Lane out of remnants of her shaved head!" story now!

Retirement....Bah Humbug!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROFL, Tank!! You never miss a trick, do you? goofy

I agree with Kae: there were some very good insights in here, especially concerning inner and outer beauty. Nicely done! thumbsup

And I too wondered where Luthor is going with the DNA material - a clone of Lois to take as his bride, leaving her free for Superman? wink More, please!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFL!!! Tank, that was great! I suspected from the very beginning Lois was going to get a haircut, but shaving her? An entire new dimension to it.

So... are we getting more of the Lois clone and Lex? <hinthint>

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm not so sure Tank doesn't have an obsession with bald Lois. Isn't this the second fic of yours where she's been shaved bald? "Taking One For the Team" comes to mind. smile

/me wonders what percentage of Tank fics have Lois haircuts. wink

Thisi s a fun fic, though, Tank. Lois' revenge is especially sweet!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. notworthy

Luthor bent over and quickly ripped off the plain wrapping. Lifting the lid on the box he peered inside. Reaching in, he pulled out a handful of silky dark hair. He brought it up to his nose and smelled it. "How thoughtful of Lois. She washed her hair before the event." He dropped the shorn locks back into the box. "Take this down to special projects. Tell them to get started immediately." Lex took a puff on his cigar. "This should give them plenty of DNA material to work with."
Why that doesn't surprise me. :rolleyes:

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Now, that was good! I'd say it was kinda like... smile laugh :p cool goofy (doesn't take more smileys...)

Happy birthday, Kae.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank,

I was going to commend you on the wide variety of emotions you managed to pack into one short story. It was alternately funny, waffy, poingant, clever, and just plain evil! But I see Anna has beat me to it. wink

Well done. thumbsup

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute story Tank. Good job. this haircut I didn't mind one bit. You go Lois! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

What a fantastic idea! smile1
I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
LOL!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tank, I *loved* this... Lois working up the courage to do this, Clark giving her what support he could (I'll be he volunteered AFTER he found out about Lois), Lois getting back at Linda in such a delicious manner, Lex (!) planning who-knows-how-many Cloises, and, of course, the clincher with your favorite hair style. smile

My birthday is September 15th, hint hint. goofy

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Tank you are an evil man! You'll do anything to cut Lois's hair -- even use poor Helene's birthday as an excuse. The highlight, however, was Lois's smooth move at the end getting Linda King in the chair and under the razor.

Cute story from the evilmeister himself. wink

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Sorry, I forgot to come back and thank the gentle readers for the kind comments. Thanks

I wasn't sure if the readers would 'get behind' Lois in her dilemna, or just think I was evil incarnate for doing such a terrible thing to our favorite heroine.

The key to a good haircut story is to frame the deed in a logical and resonable context. Especially the more 'dramatic' the cut, the more difficult to plot. I'm glad you all thought that this was something that Lois would do.

Thanks again.

Tank (who is finding it harder and harder to come up with new and unusal ways for Lois to get her haircut)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Coming to this one late...

Well, okay, so there was a hint of evilness in this, Tank, but it was also a lot of fun. Reasons to like it? First, it wasn't predictable. Okay, so I guessed early on that Lois was going to go through with the whole hair loss thing, but other than that... It wasn't sappy. It wasn't a revelation. It did keep me guessing.

Lois comes out of this looking good (and I don't mean in terms of her appearance; I'm a fan of that bob, myself). Her behaviour to Linda aside, she does all the right things for all the right reasons.

I did, however, think that Superman being quite so fulsome with his compliments might have been a little out of character, but hey... I can forgive you (and him) for that.

All in all, I liked it.

Chris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard