Next Thread
Print Thread
#11376 03/17/04 02:53 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

"Instead, I end up making the biggest mistake of my life because, for some reasons that I don’t understand and that you for sure aren’t making clear, you found it necessary to deliver your messages to me through Clark...And speaking of Clark, why can you tell him your suspicions and not me?"

"No matter what Clark said, you were still running into Luthor’s waiting arms. Why would what I say make a difference?"
Superman is dead meat. rotflol

I always wonder. Why Superman didn't tell Lois the truth? :rolleyes:

More ASAP, Please.

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#11377 03/17/04 03:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, this is why! I like Alt-Clark stories. He doesn't have that secret identity problem with Lois. When he meets her, she know he's Superman.

Why doesn't he just tell her? He's chicken----! That is why!!!

Lois turns that Kryptonian to jello! He can't think straight when he's around her.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#11378 03/17/04 05:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Chris. I really like this rant of Lois's she has every right to be pissed. Let him worm his way out of this one. I am looking forward to him coming forward and making her understand. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#11379 03/17/04 08:20 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting how you intertwined the idea of Mayson's parent's with the plot to get a discussion between Lois and Superman smile1

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#11380 03/17/04 08:39 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Gerry

I've just read the first two parts! smile1
A wonderful set-up! dizzy

I can't wait to read the next part.

Tricia cool

#11381 03/17/04 11:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yes, what a wonderful Lois/Superman conversation! Lois has every right to ask Superman why he was willing to let her marry Lex - after all, since she doesn't know that he's Clark, from her point of view it's a perfectly reasonable question. Go Lois! goofy Nice work, Gerry!

(And this is why I like stories in which the secret identity is an issue; that old triangular relationship between two people is an eternal fascination. wink )

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#11382 03/18/04 04:47 AM
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part smile1

#11383 03/18/04 05:08 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great stuff here, Gerry! This has always been one of the most infuriating aspects of the stupid ending to S1 -- that Clark allows Lois to get engaged to Luthor instead of using Superman to tell her the truth. Good for her for calling him on it! goofy

Great character reactions here, Gerry. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#11384 03/18/04 10:11 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gerry,

I've just caught up on both parts. Excellent! This is *so* much better than the original! I never cease to be amazed at the talent of the authors here on these boards.

I'm loving this whole story. I thought the story of Mayson's parents fit in quite smoothly and served to accomplish several things. First, yes, it does explain Mayson a bit more. But it also gives Clark a change to obsess over his 3 day leave of absence (and we all know Clark never turns down an opportunity to obsess!) And, of course, it gives Lois the opportunity to reason with him. I always liked the idea of Lois helping to create the Superman we all know and love. Nice. Plus, of course, it makes for an interesting A-plot!

And, as Wendy mentions in her post, I also find the story of the love-triangle between these 2 people to be utterly captivating.

Standing in front of her was Superman. She looked at him a bit embarrassed being caught in the middle of her daydream with Clark. She felt disloyal, but she wasn’t sure to whom the disloyalty was aimed.
thumbsup

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#11385 03/18/04 11:50 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
When a friend has information about someone...no, not just anyone, a sociopathic criminal...that friend tells her of his suspicions so she can make a knowledgeable decision.
Lois has a valid argument when she explains the simple coutesies of friendship and caring to Superman.

I...Clark told you his suspicions about Luthor and you didn’t believe him.
However Superman refutes her claims by reminding her that she herself didn't believe Clark, a "friend" telling her of his suspicions.

I love how you write both POV's. I think both Lois and Clark are right in their own way. smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#11386 03/18/04 01:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great Part! The conversation between Lois and Superman was great smile1

Ingra

Clark: What is that?
Lois: It's my word.
Clark: There is no such word.
Lois: Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore, he's chumpy.
Clark: Try again.
Lois: Are you challenging me?
Clark: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
#11387 03/19/04 12:51 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm glad to see that you're finally posting this.

It's nice to see that you've now got the two women in Clark's life mad at Superman : laugh . It should make Clark's life interesting for a while - especially since we all know how long Lois can stay mad.

He heard Lois ask what that was supposed to mean. He knew damn well what he meant. She was blind to him and how he felt about her. What did she see in his demeanor when he was with Mayson? Did he bring Mayson coffee and donuts in the morning? Did he stare at her whenever she wasn’t looking? Did he put up with Mayson’s temper tantrums? Did he fly by Mayson’s apartment at night to make sure that she was all right?
I really like this. I always had problems on the show with Clark going home and telling his folks that he had no idea what he meant. After all, I knew what he meant. Good catch. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#11388 03/19/04 10:29 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Now, for the A-plot.

gerry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard