Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#11297 03/16/04 09:56 AM
Kaethel Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh this was so nice, Chris! A lovely piece about how Lois first fell in love with Clark, and I love how you used the symbolism of her solo Kerth as the way she lived before she met him.

This line is the one I particularly keep in mind:

"Your father's award," said Lois slowly, weighing her words carefully, "is important to me because without it I'm not sure I would ever have learned to fall in love."
Fantastic vignette! thumbsup

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful! drool

MAF drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
Lovely vignette, Chris. Just beautiful.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You already know that I love this, Chris, but I'll tell you again anyway. smile I love the way you turned what Lois once saw as a dreadful failure into the most meaningful event in her life up to that point - and I love even more her conviction that the awards she won on her own don't mean as much to her any more next to those she won with Clark. twins

Mind you, I'm sure Clark would insist that her awards shouldn't languish in a shoebox! wink

Lovely story, and perfect timing to post it.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Cute story, Chris!

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Very nice, Chris. Lots of real, complex adult emotional growth is demonstrated in this story. I enjoyed reading it. smile1 LaurieD

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
That was beautiful, Chris!! clap

Julia

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
That was a delightful, Krissie. Lois having the chance to share with her daugher (and us), how Clark had changed her over the years.

We see in the series how Lois changes after she gets together with Clark, but this little vignette allows us to understand what made the change occur and what it means to Lois.

I thought your analogy
Or, she thought fancifully, as though, having been short-sighted from birth, she’d been given her first pair of glasses and discovered that blurry shapes on the horizon actually had definition. Trees were more than a scribble of green on a brown stalk; they were actually made up of bark and trunks and boughs and leaves.
was perfect.
thumbsup

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
...some things would always be more important than awards.
Very true sentiment! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful! A scene I could well picture happening between a mother and daughter..sweet sentiment too!

All you fanfic authors are winners to me! thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
How wonderful, Chris!

I agree with what everyone else has said. This is such a sweet analogy of Lois's life before and after Clark.

It also shows that the rewards we get for our hearts are so much more important than awards that can be placed upon a shelf. And as far as that goes, Lois received the grand prize of all.

Thanks for sharing. This really made me smile! smile

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto Chris very cute story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is still as beautiful as last night, Chris. Very sweet and a nice insight in Lois's change of behavior between season 1 and 2. I love the symbolism others have pointed out all ready. smile

Perfect story for this time of year. thumbsup

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beautiful!

But, she realised, being brutally honest with herself, most of the emotions she allowed herself to invest in her work were selfish ones, more to do with her desire to be the best than anything more empathic. The more sympathetic emotions her stories engendered in her made her feel more uncomfortable – uncomfortable enough that she avoided putting them into words. That, in large part, explained her intolerance for, and avoidance of, the human interest stories at which Clark excelled.

Mentally bracing her shoulders, she realised that, if she was going to stand a chance of winning a Kerth next year, she would have to allow herself to embrace those difficult emotions. More than that, she would have to lower her barriers enough to articulate the way she felt, sharing her thoughts and feelings with the Planet’s readers. It demanded of her a level of emotional honesty that, up until now, she had resisted. Wanting to write as well as Clark meant letting the emotions in and going beyond being the logical investigator who saw things only in rational terms. It meant deliberately searching beyond the crimes and scandals she uncovered and illuminating the human costs of the darknesses she wrote about.

Gabriele
Kerth
Kerth
What a wonderful piece!!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
~happy sigh~

Chris, I love how evocative you make your prose. This was a lovely little story, and very much in the spirit of the season! smile Thanks for sharing.

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I do hope that Lois would put also her solo Kerths on display - if not for herself, then for her daughter.

Gabriele
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely story! Lois is such a different person from before Clark changed her for the better. And it's sweet that she recognizes how it happened and where the turning points of her life were.

It's a very original idea to use the Kerths as one of those major points. I love it! Thanks for sharing this story with us.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

This is a lovely insight into Lois's life before and after Clark. smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent writing as always, Chris smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard