Next Thread
Print Thread
#11286 03/16/04 02:27 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
yay, Gerry!! More stories!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#11287 03/16/04 02:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very interesting, Gerry! thumbsup

I loved 'Raisins', so if this has anything like the same kind of mood, I'm sure I'll enjoy this too. And you've got off to a great start. Mayson's vehement dislike of Superman never made all that much sense; her explanation was okay, but not too convincing in a world where everyone else loved what he did. You've actually given her a real reason to hate him, and it works. It hurts too - I'm sure Clark is going to beat himself up over it!

I don't know where you're going with this, but so far I'm buckled in ready for the ride.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#11288 03/16/04 04:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, what Wendy said, all hands and feet inside the ride at all times, the start has got me anticipating the dips and spins here. Looking forward to an exciting time. Post soon

TEEEJ

#11289 03/16/04 05:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh I like it, good start. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#11290 03/16/04 05:31 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
This looks like it's gonna be good. thumbsup
I always wondered why Mayson hated Superman so much...

Post more, please,

Julia smile

#11291 03/16/04 09:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. grumble

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#11292 03/16/04 01:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
He wondered why Mayson hated Superman so much.
I was wondering the same thing laugh

Thanks for your revelation smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#11293 03/17/04 03:46 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Now if he told Mayson that he was Superman, she’d probably slap him and never speak to him again. If he told Lois he was Superman, she’d probably gush and fall all over him, and then slap him and never speak to him again.
I have no idea if you really meant for that to be as funny as I found it, Gerry. goofy

I liked how Clark recognized that while he hasn't minded being, well, ogled by Lois, it bothered him with Mayson. We know our boy doesn't care much for the idea that no one will be "looking at his face," so this was right in character -- and quite a sweet character moment.

I do like the irony of Mayson challenging and decrying Superman's limitations, while Lois is the one, even unwittingly, who comforts Clark about those same limitations. It's easy to understand her resentment at that crucial absence. I agree with what others have said -- if Intergang wasn't somehow involved, I'll eat... well, something. laugh

One thing, though, Gerry: I thought Mayson was a little too descriptive, almost tell-a-story like, in her recount of her parents' deaths. While the details certainly made the picture clear, I thought it was a bit much, considering the circumstances and emotions under which she was telling it.

Looking forward to MORE, Gerry, and soon! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
#11294 03/17/04 01:04 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Oh Boy, a new story by Gerry.

This could prove interesting. I think as it evolves we will really see the contrasts and comparisons between Lois and Mayson.

I'm not sure that you really needed to provide a
'reason' for Mayson to hate Superman. I feel her dislike of vigilante style justice, with her being a duly deputized member of the law enforement community, was more than enough. Adding the 'parents' thing seems a bit forced, though it does allow for more vehemence in her feelings.

Tank (who thinks it's time for Lois to show up)

#11295 03/17/04 02:29 PM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Thanks for your comments. I hope the story lives up to your expectations.

Hazel, you're not the first to tell me that Mayson's telling of the story is too dry. I'll try to fix it up by the time I send it to the archives. I did, however, want her to get the whole story out.

Tank, here comes Lois....

gerry

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard