Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, I felt before I slipped quietly into my retirement, that I'd best write my one TOGoM story for the year, and get it out of the way.

I'd like to acknowledge the classic works of BB Medos as a partial inspiration. It was in one of Beverly's stories where I first came across the doodled glasses on a picture of Superman revelation trigger.

Any comments, complaints, fresh fruit or vegatables can go here.

Tank (who would be interested to hear what the gentle readers think that Lois and Clark will come up with this time)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<snicker>

Cute idea! I figured there was something up with all the evasive could-mean-anything language at the beginning, but it was still fun to watch it all unfold smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROFL!!! Now there's a new twist on TOGOM, Tank! Lois is shown up in the observation department by her own sister! goofy

Now, when can we expect to see your next story? wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank who are you kidding? You can't retire...it's in your blood to write FANFIC!

Interesting idea having Lucy be the one to figure out that Clark is Superman. I loved her conversation with Martha~~ LMAO.

AS to what they will come up with...I like the idea that Superman disguised himself as Clark Kent!! HA HA

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great Story.

Melisa

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hee-hee. fun, tank. smile lucy knows and lois doesn't and lucy just assumed lois would have figured it out... priceless scene. nice ending, too, with most, if not all, of the explanations that have shown up in other fics. wonder what they'll come up with this time.

hmm... i guess that would require a sequel, wouldn't it? good thing you're retired, then. you'll have plenty of time to write. evil

great story. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Tank,

Good story jump

It was interesting to see the usual Lois and Clark 'discussion' from another person's perspective...

I had a niggling feeling that Lucy should've quietly slipped out of the room out of politeness once the 'discussion' had started. But you know, if I'd been in that situation I'd have wanted to watch the fireworks too wink

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Martha? Sorry to be waking you at this hour. Yes, this is Lois. Please don't talk, just listen. I assume *he's* there now, and if he isn't he probably soon will be. As soon as you see him, tell him to fly his shiny red butt over to my place. I'm awake, and I'll be waiting. He has a lot of explaining to do."
whinging whinging rotflol

I can't help but imagine Martha laughing like a loon after recieving a phone call like that.

Great story!

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very cute story. Loved the phone call to Martha too. Good job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Columnist
Columnist
rotflol

Good job, Tank!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
VERY fun read Tank!

Still laughing at the 'shiny red butt' comment!

rotflol

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
lol, great fic Tank thumbsup

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
You should retire every day, Tank. Gives you lots of time to produce fic for us to read. smile

Nice angle with Lucy being far more observant than her sister, who's supposed to be the observant one in the family.

There's only one thing I would have liked better. It would have been terribly amusing to actually watch the whole fight from Lucy's perspective, rather than told through her after-the-fact introspection. Maybe an epilogue might be in order? And no, I'm not writing it this time. smile

Keep writing, Tank. We need you to hold up the guys' end of the fic-writing (so the rest of us can retire wink ).

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Kerth
Kerth
New angle on ToGoM!! smile

Fantastic story!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Tank

Along with everyone else, I want to say "Great story!"

I, too, liked the "shiny red butt" line, but that wasn't, surprisingly enough, my favourite in the story. My favourite line?

She was aghast. Lucy had never seen Lois this upset before. Not even when their father had walked out for good.
Okay, so it doesn't provoke a laugh and it's certainly not central to the story. What it does do, though, is in ten words show the wealth of shared experience the two sisters have. It's a wonderfully understated way of showing how close they are.

Re Roger's comment:
There's only one thing I would have liked better. It would have been terribly amusing to actually watch the whole fight from Lucy's perspective, rather than told through her after-the-fact introspection.
I have to disagree here. I thought your telling this part of the story in flashback worked very well. I've seen all the arguments and rages in fanfics before; I probably would have got bored seeing them rehashed once again. As it was, I could imagine them perfectly well without seeing them written out word for word. This way, we get a clear summary of everything that has been said as well as Lucy's response to it.

All told, I liked it, but I think you've worked that out already, right? smile

Chris

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lucy gasped as she took in the forlorn, disheveled woman sitting on the edge of her couch. Lois had clearly been out during the evening since she was still wearing a stylish red dress. But now it looked almost as if she had slept in it. Her hands were shredding a tissue. A large pile of similar tissues littered the floor in front of her. The half empty box was next to her on the couch. Lois' face was tear-streaked, and her eyes were red and puffy from what had obviously been a long crying jag. She knelt down in front of the distraught woman and gently began to wipe her sister's cheeks with her thumbs. She was aghast. Lucy had never seen Lois this upset before. Not even when their father had walked out for good.
Lois' external appearances absolutely hint to her internal chaos and grief-stricken plight.

Feeling the hot prick of her own tears beginning to form in the back of her eyes, Lucy had to take a breath before she could speak. "It's okay, Lois, it's me Luce. Can you tell me what's wrong?"
Very poignant!

Definitely a unique TOGOM variant and very interesting. thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Tank's dislike for Jimmy seems to be in direct proportion to his admiration for Lucy. laugh I will concede that he did kill her off once, but Lucy usually does come out looking verrry good in Tankfics!

Great little story, Tank. I continue to be utterly astonished that there are still new twists to TOGOM out there. When's the next one? goofy

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know I could have been first to leave a comment on this one...if I hadn't been laughing too hard when I read it last night to leave fdk.

rotflol

Loved it! Original, cute and a lot of fun.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this is a thinly veiled challenge to his favorite BR to come up with a solution...

What do you think y'all? Should a certain someone by the initials WR take up the cause?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard