Thank you all for sticking with me. Hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

++++

"Honey, we're home," Robin called as they stepped into the apartment.

Lois laughed at him as he jumped into her lap. She and Martha had been sitting on the sofa talking when the Kent men came in. "I see," she told him as she lifted her eyes to Clark. "Did you teach him that?"

"Nope. I would have taught him to add this." Clark grinned as he leaned over to kiss Lois.

"Ah, I don't think it's a good idea if I kiss my mom like that," Robin said when the couple parted.

"You're probably right." Clark ruffled his hair before he moved over to greet his own mother.

"Hey, son," Martha said as she laughed. It was truly amazing how strong a bond had been created within the small family already.

"Where's Dad?" Clark asked.

"I'm here," his dad called as he entered the room. "I was making sure the balcony was cleared for Santa to land." He winked at Clark, who understood that his dad had stashed the loot on the balcony.

"Oh, right. And someone has to get to bed early." He looked down at Robin.

"I know. But could we open one gift first? Lois said we could."

"Okay. Just one." Clark moved toward the tree, but Robin stopped him. "I want all of you to open my gift."

Everyone nodded, then settled while Robin retrieved each one's gifts from under the tree. For Martha, there was a new briefcase. Lois had pointed out that with Martha's new job, the case would be useful. For Jonathan, there was a pair of new gloves-- stylish enough for the city, but insulated to keep his hands warm.

Lois carefully tore the wrap from her gift and covered her mouth with her hand. It was only a nightshirt, but the words on the front was what had Lois in tears. 'World's Greatest Mom' was written in red.

"Thank you, sweetie. I love it."

Robin smiled at her, then waited while Clark opened his gift. Inside was a photo of Lois, Clark, and Robin. It had been taken by Martha during that first week. The three were playing happily on the living room sofa. There was also a picture to mirror the one he and Clark had given to Lois. The small boy had felt really good when he'd kissed Lois, completing understanding why his father was so fond of it. He'd suggested the idea for the matching portrait to Lois the day after the couple returned from their honeymoon. Lois had been thrilled with it and they'd rushed out to the mall. Judging by the smile on Clark's face, they'd made the right decision.

"I couldn't decide what to get you. But I thought a reminder of all the good things would be okay."

"It's a wonderful gift. I love it." Clark smiled over at him, failing to notice the envelope underneath the frames.

"Clark, I think there's something else in there," Lois said when she saw the brightly colored envelope in the box.

Clark carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the paper inside. Robin had written him a note: 'What do you get someone who has everything? How about a football game on Saturday night? Just you and me?' Two tickets to the final game of the Metropolis Stars football season were attached. "I think this is perfect," Clark told Robin.

"Good." The boy grinned widely.

"I think it's your turn," Jonathan announced as he rose from his chair.

"No!" The older man sank back to his seat.

"Don't you want to open a gift?" Clark asked him.

"Just one. Well, one from each of you... if it's okay. I mean, you might not want to give it to me, but I hope you do. And..." He stopped when he noticed Lois and his dad were smiling at him. "What?"

"You've been around Lois too long," Clark told him with a chuckle.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Lois asked him.

"Just that he's picked up your babble gene." He winked at her to show he was only teasing.

She replied with a smile before looking back at Robin. "Go on, sweetie. I'm sure we might be able to grant your gift wishes."

Robin nodded. He'd rehearsed this for days. He closed his eyes, saying a silent prayer that he got it all right. He opened his eyes to focus on Martha and Jonathan, took a deep breath, then asked in a rush that would rival Lois, "I'd like to know if I could call you Grandma and Grandpa... or Papa and Nanny or something. Martha and Jonathan doesn't seem right anymore."

Martha could only wipe tears as she smiled at him. "I like Nana."

"And I've always seen myself as a Papa," Jonathan added.

Robin smiled brightly as he ran to hug his grandparents. "I like those, too," he said as he released Martha's neck. After a few moments, he moved to stand in front of Lois. "I called you Mommy at the wedding. I hope that was okay."

"Sweetie, that was more than okay." Lois took his hands and waited for him to finish. She'd wanted him to ask this question for so long, but had patiently waited until he decided he was ready for such a huge step.

"All I want for Christmas is to be able to call you that all the time. I asked my mom when I prayed and she thinks it'll be okay."

"Robin, I would love nothing more than for you to call me Mommy." Lois swallowed a lump that threatened to overwhelm her. "But there's a gift I'd like for you to open now. I think you'll understand why once you've opened it." She retrieved a box and handed it to the boy.

He lifted a frame from inside after he'd dispensed with the wrapping and stared at the picture it contained. It was his mom, Kim, and him. It had been taken a few weeks before she died. Both had bright smiles as they looked at one another. "I think she would have liked you, Mommy."

"I think I would have liked her. I want you to place that picture on the bookshelf with the other family photos." His eyes shot up, questioning Lois. "She's family. Her picture belongs there." Lois had felt it only fitting to include Kim in their family. After all, she'd given them such a wonderful gift.

Robin nodded, then walked over to set the frame on the shelf, right next to one of Lois and Clark. He turned and went to Lois' waiting arms. "I love you, Mommy," he whispered as he hugged Lois. Oh, God, how he loved this woman. Yes, his mom would have definitely liked Lois.

"And I love you, son." Lois smoothed her hand over his head when he pulled away.

Robin turned to Clark. "I hope you're okay with that." His small finger pointed toward the new picture.

"I'm perfectly okay with it, son. And it's okay to miss her."

"And love her," Lois added. "She'll always be your mom."

"But now I have a new mommy. Not many kids get to have two great moms."

"Not many moms get to have such a great kid either. Kim had your past. I get to have your future. For that, I feel very blessed," Lois told him through more tears as she fingered a few strands of his hair.

Small eyes peered up at his father. "You gotta love her."

"You can't help but love her," Clark agreed with him. Both laughed softly before the boy spoke.

"My teacher asked us last week if we were ready for Christmas. We all shared our wish list. Mine only had a few things on it. I wanted to call Nana and Papa something besides Martha and Jonathan. Tomorrow I'm going to ask Sam and Ellen if they'd mind if I called them Grandma and Grandpa. Lois said yes to me calling her Mommy. Only one wish left."

"Yes," Clark answered before he could ask. He was pretty sure the boy was going to ask to call him daddy. He'd wanted that for the past month. He'd longed for it since the day they spent searching for Lois' wedding gift. He was thrilled that Robin finally felt comfortable enough to say it.

Robin smiled widely at him. "Sheesh, couldn't let a guy finish?!"

"Sorry," Clark offered sheepishly. "It's just that I hope you're going to ask to call me dad. I'd love it. I've wanted you to for a while, but didn't want to scare you or suggest it first. I wanted you to do it on your own when you felt comfortable being here. And I hope you are. Comfortable that is..."

"Daddy?!" Clark immediately stopped talking. "You're babbling." Robin laughed with his dad before reaching out for a hug. "I love you, Daddy."

"I love you, Robin." Clark's large hand cupped the boy's head as he held his small body. Hearing daddy was one thing, but to hear 'I love you, Daddy' was undescribable!

"Hey," Lois interrupted them after a moment. "I think I have a gift for you both that you'd like to see."

Clark shifted Robin in his lap and took the envelope from Lois. He opened it and took out the paper inside.

"Is that what I think it is?" Robin asked.

"Yep."

"Well? Enlighten the rest of us," Martha said.

"'The family court of Metropolis, county of New Troy, wishes to inform you that effectively immediately, Robin Douglas Logan will forever be known as Robin Douglas Kent.'" Clark smiled brightly at his son. "This is truly a wonderful Christmas gift, but when did you decide this?"

"I asked Nana to help me last week. You signed the papers and never even knew you'd done it." The boy finished with a smile Clark was sure he'd picked up from watching Lois.

"Mom!" Clark tried to sound serious, but it came out sounding more like a soft laugh.

"What? The child wanted to give you and Lois both a wonderful Christmas gift and I knew you wouldn't mind this one." Martha leaned over to pat Clark's arm.

"No, I don't mind at all," Clark said softly, his voice full of emotion. "I couldn't have asked for a better gift."

"Me neither," the boy agreed, then leaned forward to rub his nose against Clark's. "But I really would like a new video game," he whispered.

Clark dissolved into laughter, lifting Robin as he stood. "Then we need to get you to bed."

Robin squirmed to the floor, hugged his grandparents goodnight, then raced into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Later, after his parents had tucked him in, and his grandparents had left, he could hear Lois and Clark talking softly downstairs. He crept to the top of the stairs just outside his bedroom door and watched as the couple danced and exchanged kisses by the light of the Christmas tree. He didn't understand a whole lot yet, but one thing he did understand was that his mom couldn't have picked a better daddy.

"Merry Christmas, Mom," he whispered before hurrying back to bed. Santa would be here soon. And there was no way he'd ruin his mommy and daddy's big night. Sometimes it was best to let the adults believe as well.