Well-written as always, Lynn. I'm not sure I like it, exactly -- I'm pretty ambivalent about this story, actually. To have Clark without Lois just seems to go against the fundamental nature of the universe smile

I was glad to see that he's finally realized that it's selfish of him to stick to just one small village when he could do so much more. So cleaning up the aftermath isn't his job, so what? No one expects fire-fighters to stick around to rebuild partially-burned up buildings. They're more needed to use their skills, gifts and training to fight the next fire.

But I can see he was hurting pretty badly there at first, and this has given him a chance to recuperate. So now I guess the question is, where does he go from here? After he zips around the bus to catch Gillian, of course.

Personally, I'm dying to know what's been going on in Metropolis smile But I can see that's not the main focus here. Anyway, post more...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K