This part is for everyone wanting to see a father/ son scene. I threw the ending together a few minutes ago in hopes of pacifying those in need. Enjoy!

++++

Robin jumped up and down impatiently as Clark arranged the Christmas tree in the corner of the living room. They stepped back to admire their work. "What do you think?"

"It's perfect. Can we decorate it now?"

"Wouldn't you like to wait for Lois?"

"Oh, yeah. But we can put the lights on," he said hopefully. "You could even do it fast. I don't like that part."

Clark smiled and took the strand of lights Robin had pulled from the box of decorations. He'd pleaded with his dad for two days to put up the tree, so Lois had taken it upon herself to search out the apartment for the necessary items. There had been no choice then. Clark and Robin were relegated to picking out the perfect tree that evening while Lois attended to final arrangements involved with her move.

And Robin asking Clark to do something with his super abilities was even more special. Following their talk and family ground laying, he'd often asked for displays of 'super' talent. Clark explained that it wouldn't be possible to show off all the time, but secretly loved doing it. Robin's wide-eyed appreciation always brought a smile to his face.

The lights had just been draped over the tree, at super speed, when the door banged open. Lois stumbled through, loaded with several boxes of things from her apartment.

Clark shot up to the door and reached for her burden. "Here, honey, let me take those."

"Thanks." She immediately searched for Robin. "Hey, sweetie. I missed you this afternoon."

"And I missed you. Now come on. Let's light the tree." He pulled her by the hand the rest of the distance to the other side of the room.

Lois laughed softly at his enthusiasm. Truth was, she was just as excited this year as he was. Never before had she envisioned herself as happy during the holidays. Clark had changed all that. And with a child to play Santa for, Lois had been constantly shopping.

"Here we go," Clark said as he plugged in the lights. The little bulbs twinkled brightly, filling the room with warmth.

Robin's eyes stared at the tree, his mind already rushing forward to Christmas morning. This year would be different. There would be lots of warmth, gentle hugs, and happy smiles. There would be a huge dinner- Martha had already informed him- and gifts, real gifts. Sometimes he felt a little sad because he was so happy and his mom wasn't here anymore. Lately he'd taken to just talking out loud to her when he was confused or sad. It always seemed to help, even if he didn't understand why. Mom wouldn't be here this Christmas, but he'd never forget her. And he could hardly wait to share such a special day with his new family.

After a long moment, Lois said, "How about you boys help me bring in some more of my things? I think I'll be staying here from now on."

That got both Robin and Clark's attention. They smiled at one another and raced out the door. Lois could only laugh. If she'd known moving in could get them moving so fast, she'd have done it a long time ago.

Clark entered the bedroom, clad in sleeping shorts. He smiled at the woman lying in his bed. She was leaning against the headboard, reading over some papers. "I think we made his night," he observed as he crawled into bed and glanced up at the loft. A wall and a door had been erected, just as Lois had suggested, to allow them a bit of privacy. Still, Clark often thought of finding a bigger place. He and Lois had even begun looking. They would have liked to have found something before the wedding and Christmas, but there just hadn't been enough time. The first part of the New Year had been set aside to find a new apartment. For now, their cozy place would have to do.

"I think so," she commented without looking up from her work. The little family had spent the night decorating the tree while sipping hot cider and telling favorite stories. Robin had laughed at all the tales, thoroughly enjoying getting to know his new parents.

<<She's incredible!>> Clark thought as he moved closer to Lois. He snuggled into her side, nuzzling her neck with his face. He placed several small kisses on her skin before he withdrew to look at her. "You know, usually you're more focused when I kiss you."

"Huh?" She looked over at him. "Sorry." A soft kiss was placed on his lips before her attention was once again on the paper in her hand.

"Must be some story," he said as he tried to read what was so captivating to her.

"Oh, Clark. I'm sorry." Lois held the paper out to him. "This isn't a story. It's your son's school work."

"Really?" Clark sat up a little and looked over the papers. He was very impressed. Every paper in his hand was perfect. "Wow!"

"Yeah. We have a brilliant son," Lois told him with a grin as she turned to her side.

"Then why did you look like you were a little upset before?"

"I wasn't upset. I was... falling in love with my son all over again." She shifted through the papers until she came to one in particular. It was a letter to Santa Claus. Apparently it had been an assignment.

Dear Santa,
This year I don't want too much 'cause I have everything a boy could ever need. I have a great dad and by Christmas, I'll have a mom as well. My grandparents, the ones from Kansas, are moving closer, too. We're all going over to my Metropolis grandparents' house for Christmas dinner. There will be turkey and ham and potatoes and lots of other vegetables. Martha said there would be plenty of pie. I like pie.
Nope, I have everything. So I was wondering if you could give my gifts to my friend Kenny. His daddy was in the military and won't be home this year 'cause he was killed during a training mission. He could really use a new toy to keep him occupied so he's not sad thinking about his dad. Maybe I'll ask my dad to talk to Superman and see if a small flight could be arranged. My dad's friends with Superman, you know.
Merry Christmas,
Robin
PS: My teacher had to help with this letter 'cause I couldn't spell all those words.

Clark looked up at Lois. "Did he tell you about Kenny?"

"No, I just read it here. I'm sure he was planning to talk to you soon."

His son was truly a remarkable person. Early on Robin had told them he hadn't been able to keep some of his gifts the last two years in the foster care system. Clark would have expected the child to ask for several new toys, but asking for another child meant so much more. Kim really had instilled Robin with a strong character.

The papers were placed on the night stand, the light switched off, and Clark settled next to his fiancée. Pulling her to his side was as natural as breathing.

"We have to help him make Kenny's Christmas special, Clark," Lois said after a moment.

"We will, honey. Superman is going to take the little boy flying."

"Good." Lois leaned forward to kiss Clark's neck, then placed another kiss on his ear.

"Mmm, baby, that feels good."

"You ain't seen nothin' yet," she told him softly as she rolled over on top of him. Clark wasn't allowed to comment for several moments because his mouth was otherwise occupied. Lois was kissing him passionately, leaving little doubt about her desire.

"Lois… honey…” Clark murmured between kisses. He held her face as he searched her eyes.

"Just let it happen, Clark," she whispered.

He whimpered and surrendered to the woman in his arms. There were no passionate cries or incredible, uncontrollable lovemaking, but the couple slowly and deliberately made love for the first time. There might not have been fireworks or out of this world physical experiences. However, there was intense feeling and undeniable love in each and every movement. It was the most perfect experience either had ever shared.

Robin woke just a little before the alarm sounded the next morning. He tiptoed down the stairs, smiling at the two tangled bodies in the bed below him. It was hard to tell where his dad ended and Lois began because they were holding each other so closely. Lois' dark hair stuck out from under the comforter and his dad seemed to smile in his sleep. Again, Robin was thankful he had such loving people to care for him. It sure made missing his mom easier.

He continued to the bathroom to get ready for school. Maybe he'd surprise his folks with breakfast.

Breakfast turned out to be cereal and milk, but both adults ate it enthusiastically. He was glad to have Lois with them, Robin concluded as they finished eating. On the way to school he told Lois and Clark about Kenny and together all three began plans to help the other boy out for Christmas.

Clark whistled softly as he waited outside Robin's school for afternoon dismissal. Because it had been an incredibly slow news day, he'd opted to take the afternoon off. He wasn't sure how he'd gotten lucky enough to get a bit of down time for Superman as well, but spending time with son was certainly more appealing. Father and son had grown increasingly closer since Robin discovered 'the secret' and when the boy expressed a desire to help Clark shop for a wedding gift for Lois, he was all too happy to make that wish come true.

The throng of pupils burst through the front door and happy chatter filled the air. Robin was almost in the middle of the crowd, but he immediately spotted Clark.

"Clark!" His smile spread across his face as he hurried up to his father. "Is something wrong? Jonathan usually picks me up."

"No. Nothing's wrong. I thought maybe you could help me pick out that gift for Lois."

"Yeah! I'd love that."

"Good." Clark frowned when Robin automatically started down the sidewalk. It had become routine of late that they shared a hug when they saw one another after being separated for any length of time. "Hey, don't I get my hug?"

"Come on, Clark. It's not cool to hug in public. How about a high five?"

Clark's frown deepened as he slapped the smaller hand stretched up in greeting.

"Don't be mad. I'm too big for hugs in front of my friends." Robin looked around to make sure no one had been in ear shot of their conversation.

A tad disappointed, Clark relented to his son's wishes. The other kids probably would tease him if his father hugged him in public. He brightened a little and they set out for a small shopping center a few blocks from the school.

Three hours later, father and son were sharing a cup of hot chocolate at the Fudge Castle. They'd searched high and low for the perfect gift without luck. Nothing seemed to be the right choice.

"Maybe we could give her some new equipment for work," Robin suggested after taking a careful sip from his cup.

"Yeah. I guess she'd like that." Clark had grown frustrated with what to get Lois for a gift. It needed to be personal, from his heart. After all, they were promising to share the rest of their lives together. Any gift given should have deep meaning.

Robin stirred the marshmellows around in his cup for several moments before smiling up at Clark. "Hey, I got it! We could go have pictures of you and me taken. She'd love that."

Clark lifted his eyes to Robin, a smile spreading out across his lips. "You know, you might be onto something."

"Sure, I am. How 'bout that place at the mall? Hollywood Pictures. Danny's mom took them last week and they got great pictures."

"Son, I think that's perfect. Finish your chocolate so we can get to the mall. With any luck, the studio will still be open."

Robin finished up his hot chocolate before Clark led him out to the jeep. A short time later, they were picking out several outfits for their portrait session. They posed as baseball players, firemen, and cowboys. There were several shots taken where they seemed to be at play, creating excellent 'natural' shots. But the shot that would grace a custom frame to be presented to Lois as a special wedding gift was of father and son sharing a brief kiss. The episode left Clark both stunned and elated. He could barely finish the transaction to purchase their portraits before numbly heading out to the car.

"Clark, is there something wrong?" Robin asked his father as they pulled up in front their apartment building on Clinton. Clark hadn't talked very much on the ride home from the mall and Robin had begun to wonder if he'd done something to upset him.

"Not at all. Why do you ask?" Clark cut the engine and shifted in his seat to face the boy.

"You were quiet on the ride home. Did I do something wrong?"

"No, son. You did something right." Clark's large hand smoothed the hair on the side of Robin's head.

"Huh?" He screwed up his face in confusion.

"Back at the portrait studio," Clark began in way of explanation. "Robin, I never imagined you'd be comfortable enough to kiss me when the photographer asked us to create a scene we thought would bring Lois to tears."

Robin's eyes widened in panic. He wasn't sure what had made him do something so foolish. He was the one who had told Clark it was uncool to hug in public, then he went and kissed his father. It had felt so right at the time. Lois saw them hug all the time, but to see them share a really special moment like that would surely bring her to tears. "I'm sorry. I know boys don't kiss their dads. But I didn't think you'd mind this one time. I just think Lois would like to see it. And since you never got to do that when I was little... and well, I, I, I..." He stopped and stared at Clark for a moment, relieved to see him smiling. "I just wanted to see what it felt like. I mean, I know what a kiss feels like. Mom kissed me lots. I just... your hugs feel so good. You know, in here." His small hand covered his chest briefly. "I wanted to see if a kiss would, too." His voice was a mere whisper when he finished, his eyes pleading with Clark to understand. He knew it was unusual to see fathers and sons share kisses, especially boys at his age. Yet, he'd been unable to stop himself.

Clark leaned forward and briefly kissed Robin once more. "I thought it felt really, really good."

When Robin heard Clark's voice break and saw tears well in the man's eyes, the boy scrambled to get his arms around his father's neck for a powerful hug. They held on tight, both absorbing as much of the comforting feelings as they could from the other. Finally Robin drew back to look at Clark with a smile.

"You know, I think maybe it might be cool to hug your dad in public."

"I think maybe your dad would think it was the coolest thing in the world." They shared another hug before exiting the car and making their way up to the apartment. They'd enjoyed their time alone, but both were anxious to get back to Lois.