Next Thread
Print Thread
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
This was a really important part, yet another fantastic one smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a burden for a little boy to carry around, knowing his Dad is Superman and not being able to tell anyone!

Can't wait for the wedding!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww, SQD, great part!

Just one comment: I know it was sort of necessary for the plot, but when Clark had to take Robin to Lois in the middle of the night, would it have been smarter of him to have Lois to come over? goofy But then, Clark was never the smartest guy...

I love that Lois raised her voice at Robin, and Robin forgave her. After all, no family is ever full of sugar, and if they never fought or raised their voice at each other it wouldn't have been realistic.

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Top Banana
Top Banana
And by the way, this was a great line:
"And, Robin," Lois put in. "This doesn't change how your dad feels about you. He still wants you and always will. And please don't let him being Superman change how you feel about him. Sure, it's huge, but he's just Clark. You'll realize that very quickly."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Clark asked her with a grin.

"It just means that fate blessed the right soul to be Superman," she told him, then focused on Robin again
What a great way to put it!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
YAY, "Chip of the old Clark" is back!! smile1

This was another really great part. clap

I especially liked this:
"I don't know how things were done at your house when your mom was alive, but around here there will be rules." Lois took both Clark and Robin by surprise when she spoke, her tone projecting frustration. "Clark is your father, young man, whether you like it or not. And I don't think speaking to him in that tone is appropriate for a boy your age. Just as you feel you deserve Clark's respect, he also deserves yours. I would like for you to apologize immediately!"

Robin stared at her with mouth agape for a long moment before he jumped from his chair. "You can't tell me what to do! You're not my mother!"

Instead of allowing his angry words to hurt her feelings, she allowed his outburst to further her frustration. "No, I'm not. But I will be one of your caretakers and you *will* show respect to adults, including those who've hurt your feelings!"

Finally pushed to lash out, Robin slapped his juice glass across the table, splattering both Lois and Clark with the orange colored beverage. "I hate both of you!" he shouted before he stormed into the bedroom and slammed the door.

Clark, who was paralyzed with fear, grew even more confused when he turned to see Lois laughing softly. "Lois?"

"Welcome home, son!" she yelled at the closed door in front of her. She calmly started cleaning up the mess their son had made, wearing a brilliant smile
I'm looking forward to the wedding,

Julia

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part. Ditto others.

It's only that Lois handles everything. Clark needs scenes alone with Robin, too.

Gabriele
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
hyper )

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was fantastic!! smile1

Ines

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark, who was paralyzed with fear, grew even more confused when he turned to see Lois laughing softly. "Lois?"
What is Clark afraid for?

Gabriele
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another fantastic part. smile1 hyper

dance dance

Columnist
Columnist
I apologize for not having the time to respond to all of the wonderful comments I've been getting throughout this story. Everyone has been incredibly kind and patient while I reworked scenes. Because of your thoughtful remarks, the revelation was rewritten and now I've reworked more. I hope it helps to fill in the gaps.

I do want say that everyone has been great with their comments. I've even had a few private emails. One fan has been so completely devoted that she's taken the time to mail after each and every part. Those mails have meant the world to me. Any writer can attest to how good it makes him/her feel to know they've touched someone enough to react in such a way.

And now that I have time, I'd like to respond to a few other comments as well.

would it have been smarter of him to have Lois to come over?
Probably, Julie. Clark could be dense couldn't he? smile1

Making all these wonderfull changes and letting me wait to find them here
Sorry, Avia. blush But I fear I've done it again. I mailed you that any more changes would be short and sweet, but I've gone and added an entire new ending to part 12... without sending it to you first. frown I felt that if I didn't post soon, I'd get lynched. Couldn't have that happen. I'll make it up to you with a whole new story-- you can shamelessly badger me about introspection! laugh

There's just one thing, I've mentioned in another post and Gabriele said it too: I think Clark is a bit too passive. I would love to see more interaction with him and Robin. So far, Lois is dominating the scenes. Lois seems to be more important to Robin, than Clark is.
Ines, you're right that Lois takes up a lot of the scenes. And that faithful reader I mentioned earlier that mails me after every part explained this far better than I ever could...

I think it's only natural: R. has no experience of a father and only few days after their first meeting Clark has started to behave very strangely, and R. does not understand the cause.
I think a real bond between father and son will be possible only now that all secrets are revealed and so soon R. will be able to call Clark "daddy" without reservation; with their talk and Clark' promise to be there for him and cutting some of Superman' duties, a big step forward will be done!
This is much of what I feel for these characters. I hadn't realized it was how I felt until Simona pointed it out to me though. But she did explain it much better than I could. Thanks, Simona, for continuing to send your comments and support. It means a great deal. (Simona, btw, is too shy to post here, but is an avid reader of both fics and comments folders of stories she's interested in. I know I've heard others confess to have been long time lurkers, but it makes you wonder just how many more readers are out there. To Simona, and everyone else, hello and thanks for being there! wave )

What is Clark afraid for?
Gabriele, Clark was afraid that Lois wasn't taking the situation seriously enough. You have to realize that Clark is on very unsure feet in his relationship with Robin at this point, having been away from him a great deal because of Superman. In that time, Lois has blossomed in her maternal nurturing. He's terrified that they might be unable to handle Robin's outburst and the whole Superman situation. Seeing Lois laugh only furthers that fear.

I hope I've explained your questions and I've tried to rework things so everyone's concerns were covered. I'm off to wait patiently for feedback on part 12! Thanks again everyone!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am glad if I have helped you a little.

Gabriele, Clark was afraid that Lois wasn't taking the situation seriously enough. You have to realize that Clark is on very unsure feet in his relationship with Robin at this point, having been away from him a great deal because of Superman. In that time, Lois has blossomed in her maternal nurturing. He's terrified that they might be unable to handle Robin's outburst and the whole Superman situation. Seeing Lois laugh only furthers that fear.
I have a feeling that there is something more...Sometimes when you become a mother or a father, old insecurities from childhood come to the mind. Though Clark had a good home with Kents, he has experienced the most traumatic separation from his birth parents as a baby.

Gabriele

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard