Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wendy, I loved this. The first part was so emotionally intimate, and then the revelation was great -- I don't remember ever seeing one quite like that, and original revelations are rare <g>

I haven't time to gush more, so I'll just say: very very nice!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. drool

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes!!! You posted part 2! Doesn't mean I can't go ahead with my threat to ask El to behead you, just for the fun of it, you know? Although wait, a beheaded Wendy would mean no more great-Wendy-fanfics, and we don't want that. El, hold that sword for a minute, will you? thumbsup

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
A classic waffy story. A non-ballistic revelation. Over all an interesting story.

A wham or two would have been nice, but you can't have everything.

Tank (who thinks it's a good thing Wendy ended it where she did as he thinks it could get pretty yucky from this point on)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwww............I could picture Lois' surprise hearing Clark's voice but seeing Superman. That was great! A non-verbal revelation.

Very sweet. We really need to get WB to bring the show back.....they could get the weekly scripts for free!!!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great ending Wendy!

I loved the revelation in the end.

A crumpled red cape met her gaze. Superman was holding the telephone, speaking into it in Clark’s voice, on reporter-business.

Clark? Wearing Superman’s costume?

And then the penny dropped. Clark wasn’t wearing Superman’s costume.

Superman was Clark.
LOVE IT!

Sweet from start to end..

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

An excellent story! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thank you for this wonderful story, Wendy! I love it. thumbsup

Somehow, she’d never thought of Superman as being vulnerable, of having the kind of deeper emotions most people experienced; he always seemed to be so much in control, both of himself and of everyone around him. Suddenly, he seemed less intimidating... less god-like. And much, much more human and in need of comfort.

She slid to the top of the bed, sitting next to him against the headboard, and wrapped her arms around him. Then, for a long while, she just held him as he dropped his head to her shoulder and sobbed wordlessly.
Awwwww… so sweet and touching. mecry

I also liked this one:
You could never be ‘just’ anyone,” she commented softly, giving him a wry smile. “It’s not possible. You kind of have a tendency to stand out in a crowd, apart from anything else.”

That made him smile slightly. “Only when I’m wearing this.” He gestured to the suit.

“Clark, you stand out in a crowd even when you’re not wearing the suit,” she argued, and knew that it was the truth.
So true. Powers or not, he simply is something special.

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wendy, I align myself with the others and say: Great Story!!! thumbsup clap

I particularly liked the original revelation and Lois rather calm and understading reaction.

Julia

Kerth
Kerth
I loved the revelation!! smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Wendy I just loved this! Very Wendyish! Great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice story!

Also, an interesting revelation. I'm only not sure if Clark/Superman intended it or not? Was he planning on her finding him? He must have known she was up with his good hearing. Of course, it could have been his sub-conscious desire to tell her working for him too wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, Wendy, just now getting caught up on some long over due reading.

But wow, glad I did!

How wonderfully Clark-like revelation. Kind of a non-intentional intentional mistake that she just couldn't miss. Loved it - the whole image of Superman using Clark's voice and having Clark's posture and mannerisms. Wonderful idea.

Since I didn't comment on the Part 1 FDK threat, wanted to also tell you how much I like how shaken up Clark was after his near miss. My favorite Clark is a protective Clark, and his reluctance to leave her was so incredibly sweet.

So even though my birthday is not even close to February, thanks for this little present that we all go to share wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Wendy, this was a lovely finish!!!! I was cringing, thinking Lois was going to wake up and put two and two together after Supes had gone - you could have knocked me over with a feather when she heard his voice. Brilliant revelation! laugh

So, when's your next story coming out? wink

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story, Wendy! An original revelation and very sweet too! I loved the overprotective and emotional Clark here, that was just so him! Nice situation to get him there. smile

Happy Birthday to all those who've had a birthday lately or will have it soon. evil )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's so Lois: she is so quick that she makes mistakes, but she is also quick to notice them:

It was hardly surprising that he’d let down his guard with her over the past hour. Staying with her in the first place, telling her that she was special to him, hinting at even stronger feelings for her, wasn’t something Superman would ever do under normal circumstances.

And she’d pushed him for more, tried to make him spell it out for her, when all the time what he’d needed most was a friend.

Well, he had a friend now.
Has she ever openly said so much:

I want us to be friends again, the way we were before. Clark’s very special to me, Superman. And I know I am - I was - to him.” Ducking her head, she began to play with the edge of his cape. “And earlier... I thought I was never going to get the chance to tell him that I’m sorry. That I... care.”

He was touched to the core. She cared about him - far more than she’d ever let on. He - Clark - was very special to her. She wanted their closeness back. She cared about him.

Words rushed to the tip of his tongue. He desperately wanted to tell her that he wanted that too; that he missed her and cared about her and wanted them to be as close again as they used to be. That he loved her.

But he stopped himself. He was here as Superman, not as Clark.

“Tell him, Lois,” he urged, just managing to keep any emotion out of his voice. “I’m sure that if you tell Clark exactly what you just told me, everything will be fine. I... I know he cares about you.”

She looked up at him again, biting her lip. “Just like you do. I guess sometimes I don’t appreciate how lucky I am to have both of you. I suppose it takes something like tonight to make me realise it.”
Superman behaved like Clark and *that* made Lois to love him:

Have you any idea how Clark-like you were last night?”

“Huh?”

“Last night. I’m amazed that I didn’t see it then. You said so many things - did so many things - that were so like Clark. And, you know, I’ve thought for a long time that I was in love with Superman. Last night, I really fell in love with him. It wasn’t the powers, Clark. It wasn’t even the fact that you saved my life all over again. It was you. The man underneath the suit. The guy who’s really just human after all. The guy who feels pain and isn’t afraid to show it. The guy who actually lets me see that he’s vulnerable - who cries in my arms. The guy who needs someone to hold him and comfort him. And the guy who takes the time to listen and be a friend. That’s all you, Clark. And I fell in love with you last night.”

He stared back at her. Could he believe her?

And yet last night he’d seen a different side of Lois, too. Compassionate, caring, wise; she’d understood far more than he’d ever imagined about what he faced as Superman. She’d been there for him in a way no-one ever had before.

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
My feelings re Clark being so vulnerable as Supes notwithstanding, I was utterly charmed by "Superman was Clark" rather than "Clark was Superman," and then this:

She loved Clark. She loved Superman. She loved Clark-who-was-Superman.
All together, now: Awwwwwwww. goofy

Nice wrap-up, Wendy!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
sorry I'm so late responding
playing catchup seems to be a way of life with me right now
very nice wrapup
loved the story
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Merry, thank you for posting - you've done me a huge favour, since when I read your comments I realised that I hadn't posted to thank everyone! frown I'm so sorry for being so lax - believe me, I really do appreciate every one of your comments.

Thanks especially to those who said that this was a different revelation; it's so difficult to come up with anything approaching new in that department these days. wink And I hope that the trauma Clark was clearly suffering from helping at his first major disaster explains why he stayed with Lois rather than flying away as he usually would in his Superman guise.

I really wanted to show Lois comforting Superman pre-revelation; that's something which I think hasn't really been done before, or not done much (I did something along those lines in an long alt-universe story a few years ago, but not quite like this). It was the image in my mind of Lois - upset and traumatised herself - offering comfort to an even more deeply traumatised Superman which gave me the idea for this story.

I'm so pleased that you guys liked it, and very grateful for your comments! smile Hope all the February birthday women had lovely celebrations of your special days. party

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard