Print Thread
#10874 02/25/04 04:25 PM
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Thanks for reading! If you have any suggestions before I send this to the archive, please, let me know. Oh, and unmitigated praise is always welcome, too. laugh

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was great. Sooooooooooo much better than the series. Wish it had happened that way. Clark would have never been in the Kryptonite cage.

I think a sequel will be in order. Luthor's going to jail, now you KNOW he's going to escape in time to try to stop Lois & Clark's wedding....

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Merriwether
Merriwether
*happy, WAFFy sigh*

thumbsup

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Kerth
Kerth
Oooh!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Bethy

A great finish! smile1
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
unmitigated praise is always welcome
Well, Bethy, that is exactly what you're going to get from me! This was excellent! From start to finish.

I adored the entire revelation scene, and was ROTFL at Lois' confrontation with Lex. Absolutely wonderful! Nice waffy ending, too. notworthy

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was fabulous, Bethy <g> I always enjoy it when Lois actually listens to Clark, and I liked this revelation <g> I was going to quote my favorite lines, but that would make a looong quote! I'll try snipping some stuff...

“Oh.” Well, that was an intelligent response. She didn’t know what else to say, though. She didn’t think she could handle this right now.
<snip>
“Oh.” Yet another brilliant display of wit on her part. It must be in Tahiti. Along with her sanity.
<snip>
Couldn’t they just forget about the whole stupid Superman thing, and the Lex thing, and kiss and make-up? No? She didn’t think so. She forced herself to pay attention to Clark’s explanation.

Super powers. Chronic do-gooder. Protect parents. Have a life. Equals secret identity. Oh, well, now it was crystal clear.

Sort of.
I guess I'm just really enjoying the whole slaphappy stream of consciousness thing laugh

Fascinating to watch that when she faced Lex, too, the way her understanding evolved. Bolstered, of course, by the realization that Superman was right nearby.

Geez, didn’t he ever give up? No, probably not. “No, Lex. N-O. No. Two letters. One word. No.”
Love that image! Go, Lois! clap

And then I loved the broad hint about the ring at the end <waffy sigh>

Terrific story, Bethy!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You got me! When Lex fired, I for a moment believed that somehow, this is Tank Ending. You are really evil

That was super - to see Lois so bold in love:

Lovers? Where had that thought come from?

Yet at the same time, it fit. She loved Clark. It had taken her way too long to realize it, but now that she had, she knew. This was a forever kind of love. She knew that this was the person with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life. No questions. No doubts.

Part of her was shocked at this unequivocal certainty. Shouldn’t she be more careful? She had just almost said yes to marry a monster! And the rest of her relationships had been, without a doubt, disasters. Not to mention the fact that she’d been working with Clark for almost a year only knowing half the person.

Shouldn’t she take some more time to get used to this idea?

The rational side of her brain said yes. Be careful. Take it slow. Make absolutely sure that this wasn’t a mistake.

The stronger part of her brain, the part that gave her hunches which turned into headline stories, the part that had allowed her to believe Clark’s accusations against Lex once she finally listened to Clark – that part said no. Go for it. Make a life with him. Be happy.

And she knew that hot headed, Mad Dog, Lois Lane, who always jumped into danger for a story without worrying about the consequences, was finally ready to take a similar risk for love. And she knew that this time, it would work out. She had a hunch. That was enough.

Gabriele
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great ending ! thumbsup

Loved it when Luthor got his..and of course Lois had to say...

As it was, she did something equally as stupid. She taunted him. “Go ahead, Lex. Shoot me.”
laugh

Gotta love that girl!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
AWWW, great beginning, great middle part, even better ending. thumbsup clap notworthy

I just read Reluctantly Engaged and then Readily Engaged all at once, without taking a break and thorughly enjoyed it.

I also think this story practically screams for a sequel... laugh

Julia smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
I just want to say a huge thanks to you all -- Chris, Rivka, Jose, Tricia, Vicki, Pam, Gabriele, Liz, Julia, Maria! Your feedback made my week!

Pam, I'm so glad you liked slaphappy Lois -- I was a bit worried that it would turn out to be just me being too impressed with my own corny jokes wink , so I'm glad it worked.

And sequel? What do you guys mean, sequel? This is the sequel! Lex is in jail, with special watch over him so he can't use his power to escape, Lois knows Clark is Superman and loves him anyway, and they're on their way to getting engaged, themselves. What else is left to tell? I suppose Lex could escape from prison, kidnap Lois and force her to be his slave...naw. <g>

Thanks again!

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Bethy
I'm really late in posting and I'm sorry.
great finish - waffy
merry

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hiya

I just read the *whole* thing. That was awesome and I too love the way you ended it. Her 'hinting' was great. Sigh. I'm sorry I didn't give any comments per post.

Thank you

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard