Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oh Wendy I was so happy to see a story by you on the boards today. It felt like it was my birthday too!(Even though mine was in December<g>)You know I love pre revelation stories concerning Lois and Superman and this is no exception. I can't wait to see what developes between them. Laura

PS Happy Birthday to you and to all other birthday people! thanks for the present!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WTG, Wendy! I'm sure you've made Tank very happy. wink

You had me sitting on the edge of my seat:
The famous Lois Lane luck had finally run out.
Eeeeeep! help

But, in the nick of time...
There was a sudden rush of wind.

She was abruptly, painfully wrenched away from the ground.

And her shocked gaze fell on the blade as it plummeted to the ground and embedded itself in the soil where her head had been seconds before.
Whew!

/me wonders briefly why Superman didn't just catch the knife and then use it to sever Lois's bonds gently... but, well, see Whine, Whine, Whine. wink

And then - wow. It just gets better:
It was probably only minutes later, although it felt like much longer, when Superman loosened his grip on her and held her a little way from him, still without letting her go. His brown eyes seemed to bore into hers and, to Lois’s amazement, they were glistening with moisture.

Superman, the strongest man in the world, was crying.
Poor boy... /me offers him a hug but is rejected in favour of Lois grumble So Lois gets put to bed by Superman, and he turns growly on her and cusses! Geesh, some people get all the luck! laugh

And then we get a great Clark-doubting-himself a conversation. I loved this bit:
He hesitated again. Then he gave her a wry smile. “Lois, people already guess that I care about you more than I should - more than I care about other people. Come on, how many times in the past few months have criminals tried to use you against me?”

“So you don’t show that you care,” she said; now it all made sense. “And it doesn’t help that I let people see how I feel about you, does it?”

He shook his head. “I’ve wanted to ask you to... well, be more circumspect,” he acknowledged apologetically. “But it wasn’t easy. It’s not exactly an easy thing to bring up in conversation, is it?”
LOL! Poor boy.

But, of course, all this intimacy just has to lead to Something More - especially with evilLois taking advantage of the poor man. I can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve, Wendy!

so... um... how long do we have to wait? wink

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Okay, this one has promise <g>

I thought everybody had forgotten my birthday this year (I'm at the stage when I'd like to forget them too, but I guess they beat the alternative) but this is a nice present. Thanks, Wendy.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm a bit confused. Why would someone think this would make me any happier than reading any well done Wendy fic would?

I hope you don't think that this qualified as a wham? I never for one moment felt that Lois was in any real danger. I never doubted that Superman wouldn't come and save the day. Please tell me that none of the gentle readers actually thought that Wendy would injure or kill Lois in a story.

I'm happy that Lois is all right because I like Lois, but I also like whams, and that was no wham.

I look forward to seeing what else Wendy has in store for this little effort. It's not obvious to me what she will occupy another instalment with.

Tank (who thinks it would have been better if Supes would have just been in the process of pulling Lois out when the blade fell, giving her a real close shave... if you catch the meaning wink )

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ohhh, I love how this story starts. Superman having to admit his feelings. Come on, Lois, start thinking of how you can be together, or tell him there's someone else wink but only one more part mecry

I just never get tired of hearing this love story laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I missed seeing this earlier... very nice present, Wendy! smile Meredith's pointed out most of the things I would have... I like seeing Lois's brain start to function, as she realizes just what it is he's not saying, and as she accepts the limits.

And now she gets to do a patented "Lois helps Superman cope" thing, which usually has to wait until after she knows CK=S... should be fascinating. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy Birthday everyone!!!!!!

notworthy

Post SOON!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! This is beautifully written. smile1

Happy birthday to all the February birthday girls! party

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
wow. the scoop of damocles. now there's a new twist.

makes for a very interesting catalyst, too.

so, lois is getting closer to superman, realizing he has feelings for her, realizing he has a human side... is this a good thing or not?

guess i'll have to wait for part 2 to find out.

that's soon... right?

right?

please?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love this smart Lois, Wendy. And a Superman who slows down long enough to really talk to her.

This is a great beginning, and not something I feel like I've read before- a fresh angle which explores Supes and Lois' attraction before the Lex Luthor/ Love Confession at the Window Debacle, and without a lot of angsty "but she doesn't know I'm Clark" business.

Wonderful! And sprinkled, throughout, with gems like this:

Involuntarily, he took another deep, shuddering breath and held his precious cargo closer to him. Lois. Alive and breathing, in his arms. Safe.
And here:
If she looked at him like that, if she asked him in that tone of voice... how could he ever leave her side again?

And he needed to stay, too.
And then the realisation hit her. She might be getting over the shock, but Superman wasn’t.
I like that Superman gets to be real person here, and that Lois knows it. And all that is said, and that isn't said. Very nice...

One tiny thing...I have a February birthday...I'm just saying.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh Wendy,wow, what a wonderful story. I really love it. And since I’m a „February Birthday Girl“, too (my birthday was four days ago) I feel, this is also a present for me. Thank you so much! smile1

Ines smile

"It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore, CoS)
Kerth
Kerth
Yay!!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Erm. Not sure what to think here, Wendy.

Great setup, dramatic beginning, real feel of desperation and WHOOSH before the literal WHAM. Wonderful reactions from both of them. I was doing just fine until Lois asked Superman to stay.

...and he did.

Can't see that. Nope, nope, nope. And even if he did stay... To do more than sit on the edge of the bed? That made me really wince. Clark is desperate to keep Superman and Clark apart. Superman is only a 2D figure now; he doesn't have a personality yet. The blurring of the lines only starts in S2. How could he be so stupid here?

While I very much liked how he begged her not to make him "say it" and his acknowledgement that well, duh, everything calls Lois "Superman's Girlfriend" anyway, I was very unhappy that he let the barriers down so much. I just can't see it happening at that stage of their relationship.

Ah, well. I'll wait for part 2. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know how much I love this, Wendy. thumbsup Great set-up, very tense scene following the rescue, and I absolutely adore the subtle way with which he confesses his love for her. He can't spell the words out, but the meaning is there all right.

Fantastic! notworthy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part smile1 hyper

party

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy,

First things first. Happy Birthday to you, Nan, CC, and all the other February birthday FoLCs out there!

I like this premise. I would have to agree with Hazel that, ordinarily, Clark makes a very concerted effort to remain distant and aloof when in his Superman guise. He knows all to well the dangers of allowing Lois to get too close to Superman. But, we've seen that under certain circumstances, he does slip. Usually, he catches himself before too much damage is done.

The set up here, beginning with Clark's state of stress over the whole idea of losing Lois to Lex, and adding to that the near-miss in the warehouse and the realization that he almost lost Lois, permenantly, leads very nicely up to just such a slip on his part. I'm anxiously awaiting Part 2, to see just what happens next!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
nicely done
Happy Birthday ladies
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow! Thank you all so very much!!! I'm really glad that you liked this. smile Yes, it's an unusual opportunity for Lois to offer Superman the kind of comfort she normally only gets the chance to offer post-revelation - in fact, probably only thinks about offering at that stage.

Tank said:
I hope you don't think that this qualified as a wham? I never for one moment felt that Lois was in any real danger. I never doubted that Superman wouldn't come and save the day. Please tell me that none of the gentle readers actually thought that Wendy would injure or kill Lois in a story.
Well... I will just say that one of my BRs was holding out hope right until the last moment. evil Right, El?

Hazel wondered why Clark stayed with Lois. Vicki got it partially right: yes, he is very shocked by almost losing Lois, but there's more than that going on here. All will be revealed in part 2, but there were some clues to it in part 1:
If he went away now, how could he guarantee that he would not be haunted by his fears, by nightmares of what could have happened to her? Imagining her beloved face staring sightlessly, accusingly, up at him, as so many others had mere hours earlier - all those poor people he hadn’t been in time to save when the landslide had hit.

The thought that people had died because he hadn’t been able to get there in time was painful. The thought that one of those people might have been Lois was... torture. Even flying back with her to her apartment, he’d been tormented by waking visions of what could have been. If he left her now, he knew that those images would not leave him.
Ines, CC, I hope you both had wonderful birthdays too! party

Thank you all again! Part 2 coming up very soon.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard