As promised, another part. Enjoy!

BTW, my boys are on their way to recovery. Can't say the same for Mom and Dad though. <bg> We're wiped out! At least they were all sick at one time. That means they'll all be well at once and we won't have to drag it out for weeks. Enough of that. READ!

++++

Martha and Jonathan both rose from the table when they heard the door open. They stood side by side as Lois and Clark entered with their newly found grandson.

Robin was so nervous, even more so than when he met his father. His stomach was churning and his little body was trembling when they stepped through the door. He kept his eyes firmly on the floor, not wanting to be disappointed if these people didn’t like him. <<Please let them like me!>>

Clark kneeled in front of him and took his hands. “Hey, pal, what’s wrong?”

“What if they don’t like me?”

“They’ll love you. You were scared to meet me, but you did it and that turned out okay.”

Robin lifted his eyes to Clark’s. “It did,” he agreed. “I really like you and Lois.”

“I’m glad, because we really like you,” Clark told him softly. “And so will my parents.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m positive.” He stood and extended his hand to the boy. “Come on.”

Robin looked up cautiously at the people waiting for him. They looked like he felt. Their faces were drawn into anxious lines and they seemed to be as nervous as he was. Immediately he felt a rush of relief. There was nothing to be scared about. These people were great and he could sense it. His lips curled into a smile as he and Clark made their way within a few feet from them. <<They look just as nice as Lois and Clark. And they're my new grandparents!>>

“Hi,” he said with a quick wave of his hand.

Martha smiled through tears. “Hi, there.” She leaned over to look at him. “You sure are a handsome fellow.”

“Thanks. And you’re pretty.” Robin felt even better. Lois had cried when she met him and he liked her a lot. If this woman was crying, he was sure he’d like her as well. Of course, she might not be crying for the same reasons. Maybe she was disappointed or...

His thoughts were interrupted when Martha spoke again.

“Thank you. My name is Martha. I’m your grandmother.”

“I know. Clark told me. I saw a picture, too.” He looked up to Jonathan. “And you’re Jonathan.”

The old man smiled and kneeled in front of the boy. “That’s right. And you’re Robin.”

“Yes, sir. My mom named me after my uncle. He died when they were kids.”

Clark looked at him with furrowed brows. “I didn’t remember that until just now. She told me about Robin. He was only ten when he died.”

“Yes, sir. And Douglas was my other grandpa’s name.” Robin’s eyes drifted back to Jonathan. “Is it okay if I'm still called that… me being named after him and all?”

“A name doesn’t make a person,” Jonathan told him.

“Wow! Lois said almost the same thing.” He looked back up at Clark. “If my name was Kent, does that mean I’d have my other grandpa’s name, too?”

Clark grinned at his reasoning. This was a bright boy. Someone had certainly done a good job with him. “Yeah. Dad’s name is Kent, too.”

“Maybe I could try it out for a while.” He grinned at Jonathan. “That way I’ll have your name, too!”

Jonathan chuckled at the child. “Ah, boy, you’re a bright one.”

Robin was pleased with himself. He looked over at Martha. “Is that okay with you?”

“I think it’s just fine,” she said through more tears. She couldn’t believe they’d never known about this child.

Lois came up on the other side of Robin, resting her hand on his shoulder. “Want to see your room?”

“I have a room?” His very own room? He hadn't had one of those since his mom died. Even at the Sanders he shared a room with their son, James. It was great and all, but to have something that would be just his... that was... wow!

“Sure. Come on.” She smiled when he took her hand. They made their way up to the small loft. “It’s not very big and it needs more work, but we thought you should have a little something before you got here.”

Robin stopped at the top of the stairs and looked around with wide eyes. They had decorated the room with his favorite pastime. “Wow! This is great!”

“You like it?” Clark asked as he draped his arm over Lois’ shoulder.

“I love it!” He approached the bed and smoothed a hand over the new comforter.

“Try it out,” Lois suggested.

“What?” The boy looked at her with questioning eyes.

“Everyone knows you’re supposed to jump on new beds to make sure you like ‘em,” she told him as she kicked off her shoes and stepped up on the bed.

Robin giggled at the display she presented before toeing off his shoes and joining her. They jumped and laughed happily. Clark was content to simply watch. His parents had finally made it up to the loft. Martha snuck her arm around Clark’s waist and he pulled her to his side.

“He’s incredible, honey.”

“Yes, he is,” Clark told her and dropped a kiss on her head. They continued to watch the two playing on the bed, content for the moment.

The bed was only used as a trampoline for a few minutes before Robin was ready to explore his new home. He walked around the apartment slowly, inspecting everything as he went. His fingers touched this and that while his mind processed his new surroundings. He liked his new home. It was small, but that meant he would be in close contact with his father and Lois. That was even better.

He continued his exploration, stopping once in a while to smile over at the adults who sat at the table, content to give him this time. He liked them, too. His dad was great. He could tell they would become good pals. And he already felt he was starting to love Lois. Was it possible to love someone instantly? He didn’t care if it was possible. He just knew it felt good to be around her. Besides, she was so much fun! She was the first person he'd liked this much since his mom. It was nice to feel happy again.

<<I think I'm going to like it here.>> Robin smiled to himself before continuing around the room.

Clark turned back to the other adults sitting at the table. “I think he likes it here.”

“Who can blame him?” Lois smiled as she tore her eyes from the small boy to look at Clark. “I’ve always liked your place.”

“Then why did it take you so long to say yes?” he asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Would you rather I had just moved in and we lived in sin?”

“That could be good.” He waggled his brows as he leaned over to kiss her softly. The older Kents laughed at the couple. They were so glad to see them like this. When Clark leaned back, Robin was standing beside them. “Hi, pal.”

“Hi. Do you like that?”

“What?”

“Kissing her?”

Clark looked at him strangely for a moment. He looked over at Lois before he answered. “Yeah. I like kissing her.”

“Okay,” was all Robin said before he climbed into the chair next to Lois. Maybe he’d get a chance to kiss her soon as well. He wondered if he’d like it, too. He missed being hugged and kissed. That was something that had always been plentiful when his mom was alive. He'd kissed Karen Thomas in First Grade, but it just wasn't the same. Everyone knew girls have cooties!

Lois giggled as she reached over to smooth Robin’s hair back. “Are you hungry, sweetie?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“What would you like?” Martha asked. “We can order anything you want.”

“Clark said you cook really good pot roast. I like pot roast. And potatoes and carrots.”

Martha smiled at him. “Well, it’s a little late to cook that tonight, but we can have it tomorrow if you’d like.”

“Really?”

“Sure. You can even go shopping with me for the necessary items.” Martha reached over and patted his hand.

“I’d like that.” He looked down at the hand on his. “Could we… order pizza?”

“I think pizza would be perfect,” Jonathan announced as he rose to place the order. “Tell me what you like on yours.”

“Pepperoni and lots of cheese.” Robin looked to Clark. “Is that okay?”

“Sure. But we may not get to eat like that often. I want you to eat better than I do. Lois says I eat like an eight year old.”

Robin giggled and wrinkled his nose at Lois. He sure did like her. She smiled back and reached for his hand. This time he threaded his fingers with hers, causing her to blink in surprise. Instead of saying anything though, she simply squeezed and started a new conversation with him.

Dinner had been great. Robin laughed and talked happily with his new family. He had never been anywhere, including the Sanders, where he felt so good. The only other place he’d been and felt this way was at home with his mom. He briefly wondered if his mom would like Lois. He sure hoped so. Maybe he’d ask Clark later. Right now his new family was more interesting than thinking about other things.

The small family cleared the table after dinner and played a board game. They were all amazed that Robin could play so well. And not at all surprised when Lois played to win. In the end, the boy was victorious and she couldn’t be happier for him. It was the first time Lois hadn’t minded losing.

Clark showed him his new clothes and pointed out everything in the bathroom so Robin could take a bath. When he was done, he joined Lois and Clark on the balcony.

The couple had been cuddling together in a single chair when the boy came out, and they turned when they saw him.

“Hi,” Clark told him. His hand smoothed up Lois’ back, holding firmly when she tried to get up. “Want to sit with us?”

Robin nodded and walked over to sit in the chair next to them. He was silent for a long while, content to just sit there with those two people. He really liked his new home. Martha and Jonathan were just as nice as Lois and Clark, which helped to ease him more. He'd been so scared they'd decided they didn't like him and send him away to another home. Mrs. Davies had told him that the Sanders were still interested in adopting him, but somehow that just didn't feel right now that he knew he had a father.

He was sure he'd like Metropolis as well. He'd enjoyed the ride from the park. There was so much to look at. Surely there would be lots to do. Hopefully he'd make some new friends. And if all Lois and Clark had told him was true, this time he wouldn't have to say good-bye.

Finally he looked over at Clark. “Will we go check out schools tomorrow?”

“If you’d like. I want you to get comfortable just being here before I throw too much at you.” Clark ruffled his hair. “So, how do you like it here so far?”

“I like it. Mom used to say that love grows best in small houses.” His eyes snapped up to Clark. Had he said too much too soon? He didn’t want to scare his father.

Clark smiled brightly. “She was right. There are fewer walls to separate us.”

Robin’s eyes widened further. “That’s what she said!”

“Your mom sounds like she was a wonderful person,” Lois told him.

“She was, but you’re great, too,” he added anxiously.

“Robin, you don’t have to keep trying to avoid hurting my feelings. It’s alright to talk about your mom.”

The boy met Clark’s gaze. “I know why you like her," he said, referring to Lois.

The man laughed softly and rubbed Lois’ back again. “She’s the best.”

“And don’t you forget it,” she warned him as she leaned forward to nuzzle his cheek.

Robin covered his mouth with his hand to cover his giggles. He liked the display of affection between the adults. He’d never seen his mother with a man. She’d told him he was all the man she needed.

Clark couldn’t be happier. The day had gone so well. They’d met his son for the first time and Lois was completely awed by him. He was so thrilled the two of them seemed to like each other so well. It made adjusting so much easier for all concerned. He'd been nervous about dealing with the emotional overload, but communication had been key. Once he and Lois had talked, things seemed to fall into place. He knew there was so much more to come. However, he now knew he had unconditional support. Learning to be parents to a seven year old boy would remain a learning process, though learning *with* Lois was better than not having her at all. Again, he thanked the powers that be for sending him into her path. And he thanked those powers for sending him Robin. He wouldn't have traded this day for anything.

They all sat in silence for a few minutes before a huge yawn overtook Robin.

“Hey, sleepy, pal?”

“A little. I was up really early.” He furrowed his brow a moment. “Or really late.” He shrugged with indecision.

“Didn’t you sleep on the plane?” Lois asked.

“No, ma’am. I was too excited.”

Lois grinned at that. “I understand. Neither I nor your dad slept much last night either. We were kind of excited, too.”

“Lois?” the boy asked seriously.

“Yes?”

“Do you really like me?”

Lois eased from Clark’s lap and settled on the iron table in front of him. She wasn't sure what had prompted his question, but felt there was more to it than just him wanting to be sure she liked him. "Why would you ask me that? I thought we'd had a good time today and you knew how I felt."

"Yeah." Robin shrugged and looked down at his feet. "There was a kid at the group home who went to live with her dad and her step mom didn't like her very much. She came back to the home and was adopted by another family." Robin looked up at Lois. "Her step mom didn't want her."

Lois reached out to take his hands, her thumbs smoothed the backs reassuringly. “Robin, I am so glad I’ve met you. And yes, I really like you. I could not imagine sending you anywhere now that I've gotten to know you a little. I want you here... always.”

He pulled his hands from hers and reached up to wipe her tears. “I really like you, too.”

“I sure would like to hug you,” she whispered.

Robin paused only a moment before he pushed his arms up around Lois’ neck. He had wanted someone to hold him and tell him everything would be okay for so long. If she was offering, there was no way he'd turn her down.

Lois' arms went around him in a flash, giving as good as she was getting. Clark had to wipe his own eyes as he watched them. He’d be so glad when Robin felt comfortable enough to hug him.

A few moments later, Robin pulled back and he and Lois shared a brief laugh. He gave her another hug before pulling completely away. He grinned brightly at Clark. “I’ll bet you like hugging her, too.”

“I do,” Clark told him happily.

“Would it be okay if I went to bed now?”

“Sure. Would you like us to come with you? You know, tuck you in. I know you’re a little old for that. Well, maybe not. My folks still tuck me in sometimes.” Clark stopped when Robin and Lois both smirked at him. “What?”

“Guess he babbles, too,” Robin giggled.

“And don’t let him ever tell you differently,” Lois told him.

He laughed again and followed Lois and Clark back inside. He stopped just inside the door. “I’d like to say goodnight to Martha and Jonathan.”

“Absolutely.” Clark smiled after him as he went into the other room.

He was startled when Lois grabbed his arm. “Clark, we didn’t get him a toothbrush. Do you think the store on the corner is still open? I could go and be back in a flash. Or maybe Superman could go?”

Clark couldn’t help but smile. He wasn’t even sure if she knew what she’d just said. He raised his hand to cup her cheek. “Lois, honey, Mom dragged Dad out shopping while we met Robin today. She said she had to do something to keep calm. She bought a toothbrush, bubble bath, a few toys, and some other stuff she thought a boy his age would need or want.”

“Oh, I love your mother.” Lois kissed him softly before Robin rejoined them. They continued their journey up to his room. The boy was settled, with the shirt he liked to sleep with, and Lois practically pushed Clark out of the way to pull the covers up to his chin. “Goodnight, sweetie.”

“Why do you call me sweetie?”

“You look like a sweetie to me,” she shrugged. “I can stop if you don’t like it.”

“No. I like it.”

“Good.” She rubbed his hand before she rose to give Clark a moment. She smoothed a hand over his arm as she passed him.

Clark sat down on the edge of the bed. “I’m glad you’re here, Robin.”

“Me, too. I like my room.”

“We still have a little work to do. We can add more decorations and we have to get you some more clothes.”

“Okay.”

“Goodnight.”

“G’night.” He watched Clark rise. “Clark?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks… for being my dad.”

Clark couldn’t speak past the lump in his throat. He went back to kneel beside the bed. When he could talk, he reached out to move a lock of hair off Robin’s head. “And thanks for being my son.”

Robin smiled brightly. Yes, he liked it here. He snuggled into his pillow, smoothing his cheek against his mother's shirt, then closed his eyes. It would be nice to dream about something other than his next home.

Clark offered a final smile before he rose to leave him alone. He flipped the lamp off, but switched on the small nightlight Lois had suggested they get to use until Robin became familiar with his new surroundings. He could only stair at the form of his son from the top of the stairs. So much had changed. And so much *would* change. For once, Clark would happily embrace every second.

He stood there until Lois placed a hand on his shoulder, then reluctantly allowed her to lead him downstairs. After bidding his parents a good night, he left to take Lois home.

"You know, you haven't left to be super all afternoon and evening," Lois remarked as she changed lanes in preparation to turn onto her street.

"I honestly haven't heard any calls." He shifted toward Lois. "We'll have to decide what to do about Robin and Superman. He's a bright kid, Lois. He'll figure it out before long. Especially sharing such tight quarters."

"Yeah. I've thought about it, too." She moved the jeep expertly into a space in front of her building, shifted into park, then cut the engine. "Do you think he'll inherit your powers?"

"I don't know. Maybe some. Maybe none. At least we know nothing extraordinary shows up on DNA tests," he commented with a slight smile.

"I was so worried about that."

Clark reached out to rub her shoulder. "I looked at all the tests carefully. There was nothing there to connect me with Superman."

"Oh, Clark, I know you made sure." She smoothed her hand across his thigh soothingly. "I'm so sorry about how I acted..."

"Lois, no. We've been over this."

"I know, but I can't help but be ashamed of my behavior."

"You? I've wanted to scream. I was so angry with Kim when I first learned about Robin."

"And now?"

Clark stared at the hand on his leg for a long moment before lifting his eyes to Lois'. "Now I think I've never been happier or so confused or so excited or so terrified. And I think I've fallen in love with you all over again. God, Lois, seeing you with Robin..." He cupped her cheek gently. "My heart has never been as full. I honestly didn't think I could feel so much so soon."

"I know. Clark, Robin is so... wow!" Her hand came up to cover Clark's on her face. "And I feel all those things, too. I just knew I'd have no idea how to act or what to say to him. But when I saw him all I wanted to do was hold him."

"I know." Clark smiled and held her hand as he shifted both to lie between them. "The comment you made at the Planet... about you being the one to give me sons..."

Her finger covered his lips, silencing him. "I *will* give you sons one day. Or maybe daughters." She smiled at him. "But Robin *is* *our* son." She leaned forward to kiss Clark softly before leaning in to silently ask for him to embrace her. "Clark, we'll figure all of this out together," she told him in his ear as she continued to hold him and be held. "The Superman issues, the school thing, new clothes, new toys, bad moods, hurt feelings, bumps, bruises, and anything else we need to figure out."

Clark squeezed Lois just a tad tighter. "I love you, Lois."

"And I love you." She drew back to smooth her thumb across his lips. "All of you," she whispered before she kissed him again.

A huge smile graced Clark's lips when he drew away. "As much as I'd love to stay here all night, I should get back to Robin. I don't want him to wake up and find me gone."

"Yeah." Her smiled faded as she fumbled with her door, then exited the car.

Clark saw the change come over Lois and waited on the sidewalk for her to come around. "Honey, what's wrong?"

She looked up from where she was digging in her purse for her keys. Huge tears had filled her eyes and caused Clark instant worry. "I just miss him already," she whined, then hurried up the stairs and into the building.

Clark didn't catch up with her until she stopped in front of her door. She'd chosen to take the stairs with speed comparible to Superman. "Hey. Come here." He pulled her into his arms for another comforting hug.

After a long moment, she lifted her head and offered Clark another smile. "Sorry. Guess it's pretty silly for me to be acting like this."

"Not at all. I'm thrilled you feel so much for Robin so soon."

"I do, Clark. I really do."

He placed a kiss on her lips before unlocking her many locks for her. "The sooner you get to sleep, the sooner morning comes and you get to see him again," he told her with a grin.

"Thanks."

"Any time." They exchanged another quick kiss before Lois shut herself inside her apartment and Clark left to make a quick patrol over the city. He went home later that night, feeling better than he’d felt in a really long time. And inside the apartment on Carter Avenue, a emotionally spent Lois fell into bed, quickly drifting into a deep sleep.