At long last, it is finished! This is the sequel to Reluctantly Engaged, which I wrote waaaay back in August. It's probably helpful if you read it first. It is currently available on these boards, here:

Part One
Part Two

Readily Engaged
By Bethy
February 2004
Rated PG

After Lois and Clark finished smooching (for the moment, that is), Clark decided to reveal to Lois that he was Superman. She had trusted him today, it was his turn to trust her. She didn't blow up, immediately and very intelligently realizing that of course he wouldn't have wanted to reveal this to her before, what with her so close to Lex and Clark hating Lex so much.

So instead she said, “Cool. I hope this means you're going to take me flying. A lot.”

“Whatever you say, snookems.”

They decided to fly to Vegas and elope, but first Lois sent a quick package.

The next day, Lex Luthor was going through his mail during his weekly haircut when he found a padded envelope. He opened it up and a ring fell out, along with a hastily scrawled note. “Hey, Lex, here's your ring back. I'm off to Vegas to smooch with Clark.” He screeched and jumped, causing the barber to nip off part of his ear.

In a fit of spite, Lex blew up the Planet anyway. But unfortunately, his timing was a little off and so he got blown up along with Perry, Jimmy and Jack.

Lois and Clark heard about it and were sad for a moment, then went back to smooching.

The End

Comments can go here .

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.