Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Still loving this, Lynn - surprisingly for me, as I don't always enjoy a slow-moving story, but this one definitely works for me! thumbsup As others have said, you're doing a terrific job of setting the scene: the people, the conditions, the atmosphere and so on.

You're doing something else, too. Every time I start to think, "But wouldn't it be a better use of Clark's time to..." or "But it would be a lot quicker, surely, if he just..." you have an explanation for me. And a darned good one, too!

His conversation with his parents was very poignant. It's clear that, for now, he doesn't even want to think about Metropolis and all it meant to him, much less focus on Lois; his dreams show that clearly too.

As for Gillian, I think she's good for him right now. She doesn't fawn over him and nor does she offer him pity or sympathy. She's a tough cookie, but those two moments in this section where she showed him compassion and understanding have made me like her. smile I know that she's not the one for Clark, and I do hope that Clark doesn't hurt her. But somehow I find myself thinking that she's not really interested in any long-term commitments anyway - am I right?

I just have one question, Lynn: how does Clark have the money to pay Antonio to clean for him? Does he have any pesos (or whatever) with him? Or how can he get them, if he isn't allowing himself to fly in and out of San Pablo? confused

As for Lois... I suspect that Lynn will let us see that in her own good time. If, of course, Lois is a part of this story at all...

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm... interesting, Lynn. Also slow-moving <g> And I have no earthly idea where you're taking this story, which is somewhat unusual. On the one hand, it seems so bizarre to me that Superman would ground himself to spend weeks in one village... but then, it's not so different from what he did before settling down in Metropolis, I imagine. At least now he has the freedom to use his powers -- however ineffective they are <g>

And I laughed out loud on the line that now in his dreams, Lois sometimes yelled at him in Spanish <g>

Post more, please... oh, and I know you won't get as much feedback over here as you do on the nfic side, but that doesn't mean no one's reading it smile I appreciate you taking the time to post it both places.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Pam (and Wendy <g>) -

Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to post. I told Wendy I wondered it it was worth the trouble to do this on both boards and she assured me that it was. And knowing that you are reading is reason enough to do it. Actually, the difference between the PG and the Nfic is really just in the choice of some "colorful" language and maybe two or three phrases.

Anyway, I don't want to say too much at this point because I don't want to give anything away.

So thanks again for reading and taking the time to post comments. I really appreciate it. wink

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard