Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, we're getting down to the nitty gritty here.

Lex has been dealth with, all that's left now is that pesky asteroid.

Comments can go here.

Tank (who wonders how many have managed to stay awake this time)

Columnist
Columnist
Meanie!!! You killed Cat! And I liked her.

Excellent tension-filled installment, Tank. But I still say you're mean!

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
oh...wow.

That was just...wow. Had me on the edge of my chair the entire time! Loved it! Hated it!

You did kill Cat, you mean, mean writer, but this was so good:
Clark knelt down next to her. Tears streaked his face also. He gently reached over and felt for a pulse. Lois' watery gaze moved to his eyes, searching for a miracle. A quick shake of his head crushed her hopes and she turned her attention back to her dead friend.
And not before you let her in on the 'action', loved the whole showdown, and how effective a tag team Lois and Cat were:
She had grabbed the heavy, old model desk phone from the small metal desk nearby and had clobbered Nigel from behind with it. The elder aide went down like a poleaxed steer.
So well done. This made me laugh in the midst of it.

Well, where do we go from here? Or rather, where does Lois go without her best friend and with this young Clark, once Nightfall is taken care of...then what?

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Merriwether
Merriwether
You killed Cat! You ba... wait, wrong show. *ahem*

Glad to see Lex out of the way, but did you really have to get rid of Cat? I liked this world's version! Well, once I got past the worry. I'm anxious now to see how it all ends up, post-asteroid. I have to say, I'm really enjoying this, Tank! (now if only I could hack into certain people's computers...)

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lemme see:

(1) Lois is in a world without a love
(2) Lois has lost her best friend

What's next? Are you going to set her on fire?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, that was a short but mighty installment. Like everyone else, I liked Cat and feel for Lois. I'm on my lunch break, so I'll write more later! Chris

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I just caught up on both parts. Wow that was intense. I'm looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok now I'm home and have read #10 several times more (sped-read it at lunchtime). This Cat Grant was a really good person and probably the only real girlfriend Lois has ever had, in ANY universe. I knew when she started reading the laptop she was in for it. I'm happy that Luthor bit the dust but I would really like to know if Luthor knew Lois was using him back then (10 yrs ago) and more in general from the laptop "diary".

Somehow I think this incident has drawn Lois and this Clark much closer together. I expect Jenny will be coming along in the next installment, since you said she tries to follow them.

I don't know how you can wrap this up in just a few more chapters....OK we have the asteriod issue, but I will be very unhappy if Lois gets stuck in this universe.

OR....we MUST have : A Future Reunited: Lois' Story IV!!!! where Lois goes back to OUR universe because ALT-Lois died and Wells comes and gets her and she and HER Clark live happily every after!

Now that it's finished, we should have a chapter a night...PLEASE??

Chris

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

A superb part! whinging
Poor Lois!

I can't wait to see what happens next. Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Thanks to those still around for the comments.

First off, Cat's death. Cat was always meant to die since the earliest imaginings of this story. Her death is necessary within the ending I have planned. Now as to her being a 'likeable' character. I'm glad. That was the intention. I wanted her to be a likeable character and a good friend to Lois when she really needed one. It's unfortunate that she had to buy the farm, but then there wouldn't have been any dramatic impact in her death if nobody cared.

Some of you think that I implied that Jenny followed Lois and Clark. That is not the case. I left the situation ambiguious enough so that I could have Jenny follow them if I later decided that I wanted her to, but once I realized that there was no way she would be able to follow Lois and Clark through Luthor's secret subway, I let that idea go away.

Not much left now.

Tank (who would post the next part now, but it will have to wait until later tonight as he has to go over to his buddy's place to show him his brand new guitar!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part.

drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard