Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Okay, so I'm weak. I decided to go ahead and post this piece tonight.

I'll probably be sorry I did this. It puts a little pressure on me to keep up with such a break neck posting schedule. (Hey, the darn thing isn't finished yet!)

Anyhoo... Comments can go here.

Tank (who wishes he were like the groundhog and could go back into a hole and sleep away the rest of the winter)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice section Tank. I am glad Lois found the laptop. Maybe now she'll learn what she needs to to get Lex. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank, I've been checking this site every day!! Boy did you leave me up in the air this time!!!you have three plots going...and they're all hanging....Lex trying to shoot Lois as a warning, Lois finding the laptop, and then....what's Lois going to say to Clark and Jenny at the apartment.

Hate to say it...but PLEASE continue the frenetic pace! I love the fact that no one seemed to know the real Lois Lane, not even her best friend Cat!

Please more by the weekend!!
hyper

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Kerth
Kerth
"Bye," Lois said as she moved toward the door. "Don't wait up. I don't know how long I'll be."

Cat waved at Lois, not looking at her. Her eyes were still riveted on the small computer. "Don't worry about me... I'll find something to occupy my time."
Why do I suspect that Cat is not what she seems either? wink

thanks for posting soon!! wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Jose,

I have the same feeling that you have. Tank, if you choose this very moment to give us a WHAM, by suggesting that the only person who knew the truth about Lois is crooked, I'll.... twins
metwin1

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It seems to me that Cat is only being cat-like in indulging her curiousity. wink

Seriously, it's quite intriguing to see a picture of this dimension's Lois shape up. It only makes sense that Cat, even as close as she was to her, wouldn't know the entire person. And I'm dying to know exactly what it is that Luthor thinks that Lois has!

I'm glad Lois is worried about this Clark's safety. Naturally, this being you, there are bound to be lots and lots of WHAMs ahead. As long as Jenny comes out of it okay, I won't mind too much. smile

You might want to change "epitaph" to "epithet," though, unless Lois is repeatedly killing the laptop. wink

Hazel, who wants MORE!

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm with Jose and metwin1 on this. I'm worrying about her motivations. Sure, it may just be a case of "curiousity killed the Cat", but considering how this universe is going, I'm not too sure.

I'm glad that Lois wasn't truly "in" with Luthor, and was just using him to dig beneath the surface. Can't say I like her methods, but as Lois keeps pointing out, this was a completely different Lois. I'm really wondering about that universe's Lois!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Tank,

Just caught up with this story and am finding it very intriguing.

Lots of different plots going on and they're all keeping me guessing, which is exactly the kind of story I enjoy. wink

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. notworthy

He was at a loss to figure out her game. The plan had been worked out to the smallest detail possible. He hadn't thought anything could have gone wrong, but when Lois had disappeared, he'd figured that she had messed up somehow and had run afoul of either the local authorities or a rival group. He had been saddened to have lost her. She had potential as a possible companion. She had possessed a desirable combination of beauty and brains that Lex had found intriguing. But he was even more saddened by the loss of their intended prize. It had taken him quite a while to reconcile himself to that.
confused At Lois dead, did she made the transaction or the merchandise is still there?

confused Luthor never knew what happen to that merchandise?

I finally let Lex seduce me last night. It wasn't a very pleasant experience, but it had the desired effect. I'm pretty sure he trusts me now. He hinted around at some dealings he had coming up down in the Congo, and that perhaps I might be interested in participating. Seems that he's running into some sort of scheduling conflict. He needs to be in two places at the same time. I think he plans to use me as his representative down there. At least that's the signal I'm getting from him. Why me instead of one of his other flunkies I can't say - yet. Hopefully I'll find out soon. If I have to sleep with him many more times I'm not sure I'll be able to stay convincing. He's such a selfish lover. But then, all men are. Well, not all men. Perry's not. I can't ever let Perry know that I've slept with Lex. It would hurt him badly."
She seems to have feelings for Perry.

She is very clear of what she is doing.

Lois shrugged. "Hey, who would have thought that Lois would have used Perry's name as her password."
Lois shouldn't have told what the password was.

More soon, please.

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, Tank. I know you love to make Lois' life miserable, but couldn't she have some happiness sometime? I went back and read all the Futures and think (unless this is eventually gonna be a deathfic series) she should have some happiness. sheesh!

I mean, could you lighten up after a few more excruciating postings? goofy

Still your number one fan, though. laugh

R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
And the plot thickens...Very intriguing stuff here, Tank. I'm anxiously waiting to find out more about the alternate universe's Lois and what she was up to before she disappeared. She was, no doubt, a very complicated and private person *sniff.* Poor dead Alt-Lois frown .

And our Lois is doing a heck of a job filling in - planning to take down Lex, make a Superman, be some other Lois Lane and save the world from Nightfall. But, sadly, it's not just a temp job. You're doing a great job of subtly reminding us that Lois isn't just universe hopping to help some other dimension out. She's trying hard to carve out a life for herself here, not just subbing for the other Lois.

So, what I'm trying to say is...more. Please? Now? Please?

Rac

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

Just read parts 4 & 5. They're great. notworthy

I'm glad that Lois has found the laptop. She needs to know everything she can about Luthor. eek
I think that Cat is just being curious and probably wants to help Lois.

I'm looking forward to Lois's meeting with Clark and Jenny. smile Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
Thanks to all the gentle readers for the comments.

Everyone seems so worried that Lois isn't going to get a happy ending. Have faith people, have I ever let you down before? (Don't answer that!)

Anyway, I'm probably going to spend the rest of the day with a buddy whose fiancee has abandoned him for the weekend, but I think I'll post the next part late tonight, or early tomorrow... unless the gentle readers think that might be too soon?

Tank (who also thinks he should remind the gentle readers that the original altClark/Superman was killed in the first Future series and thus is not a candidate for our poor lonely Lois)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Tank
Just catching up again
read 4&5
great parts
ditto others
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank,
Catching up on last two parts.
This dimension's Lois shaping up as an intriguing figure. That 'Perry' was the password on her computer says quite a bit, doesn't it?
Now, I know you *said* that the altClark that we know died in the beginning of the Futures series, thus ruling him out for this Lois. BUT, you told us that this Lois died there, as well. And here she is, fit as a fiddle and saving a world that isn't hers.
I'm just saying...food for thought.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard