Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#100260 04/24/14 06:12 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, I guess I got it in before the great shutdown for maintenance tomorrow. What do you think?

#100261 04/24/14 10:05 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. Very well done, very realistic.
Clearly Clark is still on the streets.

I hope Lois follows his advice and talks to someone about Ellen's drinking.

I really hope you let this story continue at this pace even if it runs to 40 or 50 parts.

Looking forward to L&C vs the team Monday.

I hope the Vice Principle was at the game and saw all the action between Clark and the team.

Framework4
#100262 04/25/14 12:05 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
whinging , clearly there's a little more to the "Pedro" thing than just a mistaken name for the guy in the bar. I suspect there's a story there, but I doubt Lois will ever learn it (and that may not be such a bad thing).

#100263 04/25/14 02:39 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
have been compulsively checking for updates--i love this story! I wonder how long it will take Lois to realize that Clark's strength is not human. I am thrilled that he has learned to control it at this point in the story and is using it where it is needed

#100264 04/25/14 02:58 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I find it really interesting how Clark has two big secrets in this story. We're all accustomed to stories where we're trying to figure out when Lois will figure out the alien thing, but this time I'm more invested in his current situation and how he got here. I have a suspicion that by the time she figures it out, they may be so far along in their friendship that she somehow just takes it in stride, as the obvious answer to all the little mysteries, but I'm eager to see the journey.

#100265 04/25/14 06:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper Yea! For our hero Clark!

Poor Lois! Nothing like airing your dirty laundry out in front of your new friend (and hero). And Poor Clark, for helping Lois out and then having her throw it back in his face. I'm sure Clark understood that Lois was stressed and thought he was being judgmental, but still he must have the patience of a saint.

Even though Lois knows that Clark's having money issues and thinks about offering to repay him for the money he spent at the car wash to clean her car, she still doesn't do it. frown

Poor Clark up for 24 hours between work, school, football protection duty, and collecting recyclables. It makes me wonder where he'll rest his head when he finally does.

What did Clark say to Ellen to calm her down?

I'm sure Clark isn't going to be as biased against or envious of Lois's money again. No wonder Lois wants to escape to Ireland.

Yep, playing team sports isn't cheap and it certainly isn't free for the players. It interesting though that Lois naturally assumes that if Clark were on the team that he would side with his cheating teammates over what was right. If the kids are cheating, and the coach knows about it and does nothing (or helps them cheat), HE should be fired... for not doing his job as an educator. Even if Clark wanted to join the team, I'm sure the football team wouldn't want him, now.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#100266 04/25/14 06:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois still didn't put the pieces together. But with all the Ellen debacle she must be too tired and worried to think clearly. sad Maybe after she gets Ellen safely home she can think better and make sense of what she has learned about Clark. It must make her admire him more. blush

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#100267 04/25/14 08:36 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark continues to help Lois and act as her hero. smile

I look forward to the next part.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by Homecoming Part 10
Clark tensed for a moment, and then he relaxed, although he was still bent over her. He said something to Ellen in a low, soothing tone, and a moment later she released her grip. He clicked the seatbelt into place and then he said something else to her.

A moment later he closed the passenger side door.

There was an odd expression on Ellen’s face, strangely thoughtful. Lois hadn’t seen an expression like that on her mother and certainly not when she was drunk.

I'm on my 4-5th time through Homecoming and the same question comes up each time I get to this scene, "What'd he say??"

Shallowford

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard