#100220 04/22/14 03:44 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Finally, another chapter!

Comments?

Last edited by Annie B.; 04/27/14 12:29 PM. Reason: Corrected Link

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
#100221 04/23/14 03:52 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, the next chapter!

Haver's explanation of the window was much better than Clark's. It'll be interesting to see if Haver ever worms the truth out of him.

#100222 04/23/14 04:01 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay for another chapter!

And the PTSD among the winners has to be something fierce. After all, they had to kill to win. Not only do they have survivor's guilt, they have murderer's guilt.

Damn the Capitolites for setting up this situation.

How can Clark redeem himself?

#100223 04/25/14 06:19 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If Matilda's trauma is an indication, Clark's nightmares must last a long time. frown Poor winners. They can never be at peace with their consciences. mecry

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by AmyPrime
Yay, the next chapter!

Haver's explanation of the window was much better than Clark's. It'll be interesting to see if Haver ever worms the truth out of him.
Yeah, the excuse about the groosling breaking the window is pretty lame, and no one believes it. When it comes to making plausible excuses, Clark has a lot to learn. He definitely doesn't want Haver to know what really happened, though. Haver knows that something doesn't add up, but he doesn't know what -- his best theory is that Clark jumped out the window, but the lack of injury says otherwise.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by IolantheAlias
Yay for another chapter!

And the PTSD among the winners has to be something fierce. After all, they had to kill to win. Not only do they have survivor's guilt, they have murderer's guilt.

Damn the Capitolites for setting up this situation.

How can Clark redeem himself?
Exactly. The victors have to live with the fact that they outlived twenty-three other kids and the fact that they killed some of those kids themselves. The Capitolites see the Games as entertainment and soon forget most of the "contestants", but the victors have to live with what happened and their part in it.

Clark can't forgive himself for what he did to Lysander and Lois. Everyone in Panem knows what happened to Lysander, but what happened to Lois is a mystery, and Clark can't talk to his fellow victors about it, because that would reveal his powers.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
If Matilda's trauma is an indication, Clark's nightmares must last a long time. frown Poor winners. They can never be at peace with their consciences. mecry

Andreia
In real life, PTSD can last for a lifetime. A casual observer might wonder why a person doesn't just get over it and move on, but it isn't that simple. Those painful memories can be close to the surface, or more deeply buried, but sometimes, something will trigger those memories, and they come back to bite.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At last! A new chapter!

Clark's excuse was very weak, but at the moment he had nothing else to say. I hope the PK's don't hear about this.

Poor Matilda, its a wonder she is still alive.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
At last! A new chapter!

Clark's excuse was very weak, but at the moment he had nothing else to say. I hope the PK's don't hear about this.

Poor Matilda, its a wonder she is still alive.

Yes, Clark's excuse was dumb -- and now Haver is wondering what's going on. He doesn't know about Clark's powers, but he is getting the impression that there's something he's missing, and he's curious.

I'll be writing more about Matilda soon.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Some people are wondering where the heck the next chapter is, so I thought I'd say something here.

I had it almost ready for beta on May 14th--on which day a major wind storm snapped two key utility poles and knocked out power to a third of the town -- including my house. When the power finally came back on, I turned my computer on and tried to open the story file, only to find that there was something wrong with it and it wouldn't open (possibly because the file was open when the power went out -- I'm not sure). I had backups of all my chapters except the one I had almost had finished. Since then, I have been re-writing the chapter from notes and memory as time permits (the end of the school year is very busy, and not just during the regular work day). Hopefully, I will get the chapter finished this weekend.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you so much! For your clarification and all your effort put in this wonderful (and stressful) story. I can't wait to read the next parts!

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard