Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 34/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

“We will have the appropriate documents prepared. I am sure that there is information in the archives on documents of that nature.”

Trey said, “If you will excuse me, I will go and begin the search for the appropriate documents. If Gan-Ce decides to stay and simply send for his family, he will need them before we break orbit.” Finishing his statement, Trey bowed and left.

That left only Zara, Lois, Ching and Clark. Zara put an arm around Lois’ waist and said, “Why don’t we go to our private chambers,” and led the way out.

Once in the royal chambers they sat as couples on a couple of divans facing each other.

Zara visibly relaxed. “I was raised in the royal family, but I never dreamt that all of this formality would be so draining.”

Lois smiled and said, “You did just fine. You took to it like a duck takes to water.”

“Duck. What is a duck?”

Lois chuckled and replied, “A duck is a small water fowl. It swims on the surface of bodies of water.”

“Ah, yes, we have a similar animal on New Krypton.”

Lois smiled and said, “I’m sure you can handle it, but if you have any problems, now you know karate.”

Zara laughed and said, “I don’t know how much call I’ll have to practice that.”

Getting back to a more practical matter, Clark asked, “How much longer will you remain in orbit?”

Zara looked at Ching and asked, “What do you think?”

He replied, “I think we could afford to remain for at least a couple of days.”

Lois had a mischievous look as she said, “I think you need to give Perry your notice otherwise he will put in a missing person report and have the police hunting for you.”

Zara smiled, “I had forgotten all about Perry and the Planet. Do you think I should tell him why I’m leaving?”

“Hmmmm, let me see. ‘Perry, I’m leaving so that I can rule another planet.’ I don’t know that he would believe you.”

Zara started to laugh, “I don’t think I would if I was him and I know it’s the truth.”

Lois reached down and placed her hands on her breasts and said, “It’s time for me to go feed the baby. I guess we’ll see you guys later.”

After leaving the ship they returned to Smallville.

When they walked into the house the first one they saw was Carrie. “Mommy! Daddy!”

“Hi Sweetheart, how’s our girl?”

“I’m fine and so is Penny. Penny’s asleep.”

With a pained expression Lois said, “I think I’m going to have to wake her up. I need to feed her.” Lois headed upstairs while Clark and Carrie went into the living room joining Jonathan and Martha. When Clark sat on the sofa Carrie crawled up in his lap and Clark wrapped his arms around her.

“Daddy, did the bad men go away?”

“Yes, Carrie, the bad men have gone away. We don’t have to worry about them anymore.”

“All of the other people went home?”

“Yep, they all went home. It’s just us now.”

“Daddy, when I grow up will I wear a suit like them?”

“Carrie, honey, I think you just might, but don’t rush things, okay? You have a lot of growing to do.”

“Okay, but I know what colors I want. I want to look like that girl. I want that color blue and purple.”

“You may just get your wish.”

“Who was she?”

“Oh, I think you’ll find out eventually.” Clark pulled her into a hug. “Just enjoy this time with us. Grammy and Grandpa Kent want their little girl around for a long time.”

After a short time Lois came downstairs carrying Penny. She sat next to Clark and Carrie and asked, “Carrie, honey, do you want to hold Penny?”

“Oh, Mommy, can I?”

Lois smiled and said, “I think you’ve earned it. Put your arms out. That’s right, just like that. Now be careful with her.”

“I will, mommy. I’ll take the bestest care of her.”

“I know you will, honey. You already have. You have to be the very best big sister ever. Look, she’s smiling at you.”

Carrie looked at Penny and said, “Don’t you worry. No bad man will hurt you. I’ll protek you always.”

Lois gave Clark a knowing look as Carrie said this then Lois said, “We know you will honey. We know you will.”

And now -

Chapter 35 – Back to Work
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The following morning, Carrie came running into Lois and Clark’s room and jumped up on their bed. A second later Scrappy joined her. She shouted, “Mommy, Mommy bad men are gone! Penny is safe! I proteked her from the bad man and he went away.”

Lois held out her arms to her daughter and Carrie crawled over into them. Lois hugged her and said, “You sure did sweetheart! You protected your baby sister from the bad man and now you don’t have to worry about him anymore.” As Lois was speaking Clark reached over and ruffled Carrie’s hair.

“Now we can settled down and be a family. You need to go back to school. You missed several days, but with all that’s been going on, I think your teacher will understand. I think you need to go get dressed for school, then we’ll have breakfast and head back to town.”

“Okay, Mommy. Come on Scrappy. Let’s go get dressed.” She hopped down off the bed and Scrappy followed her out and into her own room.

Lois stood and moved to the cradle in the corner. She leaned down and picked up her other daughter and looking into her face with love in her eyes, said, “Well, little one, there was a lot of trouble because of you, but we made it. You’re safe now. All you need to do is grow up strong and healthy.” She turned to Clark and asked, “Do you think we’ll have any more problems over her?” Lois sat in her rocker, bared her breast and presented her nipple to Penny who latched on and eagerly fed.

Taking in the sight of his wife feeding his child and listening to the slurping sounds being made by Penny as Lois fed her, he had a thoughtful expression as he said, “Much as I hate to quote him, Herb would say, ‘Only time will tell.’ We found out one thing as a result of this, she’s already super powered. I wonder what other effects that will have on her. We already know that your pregnancy was longer than an Earth woman’s. I didn’t start to develop my powers until I was ten and they came on gradually, but that was because I was born on a giant planet under a red sun. I wasn’t able to fly till I was eighteen. That isn’t going to be the case with her. We will have to keep a close track on her development. We may have to reevaluate how we do things.”

“How?”

“Well, I was thinking, your pregnancy was longer and that is probably due to the increased molecular weight. 2013 Clark told me that our lives are extended because of our high molecular weight. If that is the case with her it may start earlier which means that she may develop slower. In that case, she might have to spend time in both universes so that the slower development isn’t too obvious.”

“I’m sure Carrie would approve of that. I was dreading taking Penny to the other universe and keeping her there all of the time. Carrie would have missed her terribly. This way they could grow up together. What can we do about work?”

“I think we can stay here for a few weeks anyhow. We should get a handle on her development within that time. Babies usually grow a lot in the first weeks. If she seems slow then we can put the plan into action. I think Penny needs to stay here with Grammy and Grampa until we’re sure. At lunch time I guess you’ll fly out to feed Penny. Once we decide, we can bring her into the Planet and show her off. When we do we can put her in the DP daycare center on the second floor. Then all you will need to do is go downstairs to feed her and Carrie can be with her in the after school program.”

“That sounds like a plan.” Lois shifted Penny to the other breast and she continued to feed. “If she continues to eat like this she’s bound to put on weight. If she doesn’t we’ll know pretty quickly. It seems like she is eating more as time goes on. Have you noticed, my breasts are getting bigger so that I can produce more milk? The more she eats, the bigger I get so that I can keep her satisfied.”

With a leering look he said, “Yeah, I had noticed. Looking good!”

“Keep me pregnant and there’ll be plenty there for you to look at.”

A few minutes later Penny finished nursing and Lois handed her to Clark, “Here you go, Papa. Change your daughter.”

In a teasing tone he said, “If you want to hog that privilege, you may.”

“Not on your life, she just as much your responsibility as she is mine. You want the pleasure of the intimacy you have to pay the price. Make sure you clean her thoroughly and don’t forget the powder.”

He carried Penny over to the changing table and proceeded to clean and change his daughter. Once he was finished he handed her back to Lois and said, “Clean and dry.”

Lois checked and said, “You’ll do,” and started laughing.

While Lois had been feeding Penny Clark had dressed and while he had changed her Lois had dressed and it was a good thing they had because there was an impatient knock on the door. “Mommy … Daddy … Grammy is calling us for breakfast!”

Clark opened the door and scooped a giggling Carrie up in his arms and tickled her as he said, “She is huh? Well I guess we ought to get down there then.” Carrie was laughing and squirming as he tickled her. When he stopped she put her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

Smiling as she watched this activity, Lois couldn’t help but see the love and affection displayed in the play on both sides and it was heartwarming. They were really becoming a family. Lois carried Penny and all four moved downstairs.

Zara came down and joined Lois and Clark just as they were finishing up with breakfast. After Lois put Penny down for her morning nap the three of them spun into their uniforms and with Clark carrying Carrie they flew to Metropolis. Landing on the roof of the Planet they all spun into their work clothes and took the stairwell down to the news floor. Carrie wasn’t due in school yet so she went with them to the newsroom.

As they were exiting the stairwell the first one to see them was Jimmy Olsen. When he saw Zara he brightened up. Ever since she had started a couple of weeks ago he’d had a crush on her. As he was approaching them he shouted, “Hi Sara! Where have you been? I missed you. Listen, if you’re free tonight, maybe we could get together and you could tell me what’s been happening.”

Zara turned to him and said, “Uh, Jimmy, I, uh, don’t think so.”

“Well, if tonight isn’t good, maybe tomorrow.” There was a hopeful note in his voice.

Zara looked at him and said, “Jimmy, you’re a really nice guy, but … I already have someone.”

Jimmy was crestfallen, “Oh, a boyfriend.”

With an almost embarrassed tone she said, “Actually, I’m married.”

“Oh, well, in that case … MARRIED! Did you say married?”

“Yes, I did.”

“But, the other day … you were single.”

“It just happened, yesterday. I’m sorry, Jimmy. It wasn’t expected. It just happened.”

“What was it, one of those Las Vegas quickies? You can go to Reno and be divorced just as quickly, you know. If you aren’t happy with him, that is.”

“No, it wasn’t a Vegas quickie even if it wasn’t expected. We’ve been in love for a long time, but we didn’t think we could marry. We finally received permission and … so … well … we got married.”

Just then Zara was reprieved as Perry White shouted, “Lois, Clark, my office, NOW!”

Lois and Clark had been interested observers in this byplay. While it had been going on, Lois had taken Carrie over to her desk and settled her in her visitor chair.

Clark looked at Lois and shrugged. Lois smiled and said to Carrie, “I’ll be right back, Carrie. If my phone rings, you can answer it. You can be my secretary. How’s that?”

With an eager smile, Carrie put her Superman lunchbox that Grammy had packed for her on the desk and said, “Okay Mommy. I’ll be your seketary.”

Lois patted her on the head and then she led the way to the office while Clark and Zara followed. Once they were in the office and Clark had closed the door, they sat side by side on Perry's couch. Zara sat in a chair nearby.

Perry seated himself behind his desk and moved some papers, clearing a space in front of himself. He folded his hands together before he said, in a calm tone, “All right, let’s hear it. Hopefully, you’ve come back with one heck of a story. You’ve been gone for days! Nobody’s even heard from you. You didn’t call in to file a story.” As he proceeded, his tone became more and more gruff. “You didn’t even let us know you were still alive. In the meantime we’ve had a flock of superheroes flying around creating emergencies in every part of the globe. The Star has had teams out all over the place reporting incidents. It looked like there were two factions and they were having a war. Half of them were wearing colorful costumes. It looked like there were three Superwomen and four Supermen!”

"Now, I don't mean to impose on your free time, but you seemed to know this was going to happen and then you up and disappeared!"

Zara stood up and said, "Perry, I think I can explain. You see, I'm not who you think I am.”

“No? I think you are a research assistant I hired a couple of weeks ago. If that’s not who you are, please enlighten me.” His tone was one of skepticism.

In an almost embarrassed tone, Zara said, “Well, actually, I am one of those super powered people that have been flying around."

Perry gave her a disbelieving look before he said, "Sara, you really don't need to try to cover for these two. I know you are low man on the totem pole, but that doesn't mean that you need to take the blame. When the three of you left, they were in charge and as senior staff it is their responsibility."

Zara held up her hands and said, "No, Mr. White, I am serious. I was the one that took them away and it was so that they could get the entire inside story on what was happening."

"You are seriously trying to tell me that you took them with you and not the other way around?"

Zara replied, "That is exactly what I am saying. I arrived in advance of the rest of my people. I wanted to find a reliable news outlet for the true story. I hired in here because I had determined that the Daily Planet was the paper to handle it. I had already checked out your reporters and determined who would do the story justice. I simply had to wait for them to return from their vacation to introduce myself and invite them into the story."

Perry was still skeptical as he asked, "You are super powered, like Superwoman?"

"Just like Superwoman, in fact she is a close friend of mine."

Perry still wasn't convinced. "How do I know that is a fact?"

Zara said, "In that case, I guess I'll have to do something to convince you." As she said this she started to float around the room.

Perry stared, open mouthed. Finally he found his voice, "You really are!" He came out of his stupor and looking at Lois and Clark said, "Well, why are you just sitting there? We have a newspaper to get out. I need copy to fill the pages! What a scoop this is going to be! Get to work! I expect something on my desk for the evening edition."

Clark slowly stood and stepped over to Perry's desk. "Chief, you haven't heard the whole story yet."

Zara floated back to the floor next to him as he continued, "The reason that there was a war going on in the first place was to determine who was going to rule a planet." He turned and put out a hand, indicating Zara and said, "Allow me to introduce, Lady Zara, you would consider her queen of New Krypton although that is not her actual title, but that is what it amounts to."

Perry was shocked speechless again and simply fell back into his chair. Finally he said, "You're not funnin’ me with this now are you. This isn't like callin' Elvis 'The King'."

"No, Perry, this is the truth. Zara and her new husband are now the rulers of New Krypton and they have appointed an ambassador to Earth. They wish to establish full diplomatic relations and set up trade with Earth."

"And you say we are the only paper with this information? This is an exclusive!?!?" He said with a hopeful smile on his face.

"Yes, we are. That is exactly what we are saying. This is our exclusive."

His hopeful smile morphed into a Cheshire cat like grin, "Start getting me copy. I'll order a double run. Just think what this will do to our circulation! Get out of here and get busy. I want the first article on my desk in an hour. I'll want background as well as detail, personal interviews, descriptions of the battles, who was involved and why. Clark, you work on the personal angle, the human interest side. Why do they want trade? Are they in need?

"You got it, Chief! We'll get you the lead story in a bit. There's a lot more to come. Just wait."

Perry was dry washing his hand in glee as they left the office.

Lois said, “Let’s go into the conference room.” Once inside she said, “Thanks, Zara. You really didn’t need to do that, but it’ll help.”

“It was the least that I could do. Your help was invaluable in this. What your friend Herb did was amazing. If he hadn’t brought in all of that extra help, I don’t know what would have happened.”

“I can tell you just what would have happened. You’d be looking at a marriage that you didn’t want and we would possibly have died along with the kids.”

That evening the lead story carried a Lane and Kent byline.

The next morning the first in depth story hit the paper and later in the afternoon Perry called everyone together in the bullpen while he stood at the top of the ramp and read the article, in its entirety to the staff. It finished up with:

"And so the fate of two worlds hung in the balance. Not only that of New Krypton, but Earth as well would be decided based upon the outcome of the conflict conducted according to the customs of New Krypton. In the end it was the honorable conduct and character of Superwoman and Superman that proved to be the deciding factor. Their maintaining of the traditions of New Krypton when their opponents were willing to violate those sacred traditions caused the ruling Council of Elders to decide in their favor and award them the victory. Their opponents have been duly tried for their transgressions and appropriate punishments assigned.”

“Those who visited temporarily have at this time returned to their homes.”

“The people of Earth need fear no longer that they will be subjected to a tyrannical rule by people from New Krypton.”

“The people of New Krypton wish to establish full diplomatic relations with the people of Earth and will use the Superman/Superwoman Foundation as the intermediary. The trade which they wish to establish will benefit both planets and could be the means of moving this planet ahead technologically while we will provide commodities which they sorely need.”

“The new rulers of New Krypton,” here Perry interrupted his reading, “You’ all don’t know it, but our very own Sara is now one of those rulers. She’s like the queen of New Krypton and she says that they wish to express their regrets for what happened here and promise that in the future, if there is a need, their people will be ready to assist us if circumstances require it. They will provide auxiliaries to assist Superwoman and Superman as needed thereby adding to the peace and security of this planet."

Perry lowered the paper and said, "That article has the famous Lois and Clark touch. I can foresee another Kerth nomination. Do you two have anything to say?"

Lois stepped up next to Perry and said, "We owe it all to Sara. She approached us and asked us to be the journalists on this story. What can I say? She liked our work!"

Perry added, "And our circulation has almost doubled.". He turned to Lois and asked, "You are going to be doing follow-ups aren't you?"

Lois replied, "Of course we will. We will have interviews with the new ambassador and his staff. We will have pieces that will make Arnie in travel jealous. I don't think Steve in sports has anything to worry about though."

Perry wrapped it up with, "Okay, people. Show's over. We still have a paper to get out. Frank, I still need that piece on the mayor's press conference."

"Coming right up."

"Ralph, where's that piece on the boat show?"

"The boat show was cancelled because the venue had a fire created by one of those people from New Krypton.”

Perry was incredulous and he sputtered out, “You didn’t think that was newsworthy?”

Abashed, Ralph replied, “I'll get right on it."

“You’d better do more than that!” Perry replied as he watched Ralph turn away and scurry in the direction of his desk.

People hurried back to their desks. Clark sat on the corner of Lois' desk and said, "What say we pick up Carrie from day care and head home. We have another member of the family I have missed all day."

"Sounds like a good idea to me. Let's go." Lois picked up her bag as she stood and they headed for the stairwell.

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:26 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj