Clark & Lois – When Worlds and Universes Collide - Matchmaker Chronicles V 8 34/36
By KenJ <ken.janney@kjanney.com>
This version is rated PG-13

Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Canon Lois and Clark universe also called – Prime
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -124 – Alternate Prime - Lori and Clark
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 036 – Alt 1, Alt Clark and Kryptonian Lois – (Alt 1 )
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt 2 Kryptonian Lois' home universe.
Alpha 023 x Gamma 025 x Tau 040 – Alt 1 alternate (Alt 3) Alt Lois and Alt Clark

Previously

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator designation
Alpha 023 x Gamma 004 x Tau -120 – Prime
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

That evening after Lois and Clark put CJ, Olive, Benjamin and Martha to bed they had a chance to discuss the day.

Lois snuggled up to Clark on the couch curled her legs under herself and released a relieved sigh. She wiggled a little bit to get more comfortable and then said, “What a day. Lara really surprised us with that one. She really had to pull a lot of strings to bring it off.”

Laughing he said, “She takes after her mother. Accomplishing what most people would consider impossible. Well, how does it feel to finally be the Kryptonian Lady Lois-El?”

“It feels good, but speaking of the Kryptonian Lady Lois. That was some story. When the laser transferred Clark’s powers it also changed her to fully Kryptonian and she wasn’t able to return the powers to him. Because of that, he was killed. You know, Lucille could have done that to you, then where would we be? Penny was absolutely adorable and Carrie was really special. I’m glad I can remember it all now.”

“Do you think we should see if we can find Carrie in this universe?”

“I don’t think so. That was 1997 … sixteen years ago. If there was a Carrie in this universe, she’s probably dead from the tumor. Wait a minute! She might have died in the fire since you didn’t rescue her.”

“If there ever was a fire, which there might not have been. These multiple universes can be confusing. There are a lot of things that are duplicated, but there are a lot of differences too.”

She shifted position so that she could give him a kiss. With an arched eyebrow she said, “I seem to recall that there is a second part to that bonding ceremony. Wasn’t there something about the marriage bed? I think that if we are truly to honor the Kryptonian ceremony we have a date upstairs, but, we need to be quiet so that we don’t wake the kiddies.”

Together they floated up off the couch and floated upstairs so that not even the quietest footfall would wake the children and they disappeared into their bedroom.

And now -

Chapter 34 – The New Ambassador
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -120 x Gamma 255 x Tau -190 – Alt2
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The ceremony binding Zara to Ching-Ka had been conducted quickly at the request of the two principals. Zara and Ching had made this request so that the sentences of the Council against Nor and Jen-Mai might be carried out. There was a requirement that the High Lord approve the sentence handed down.

At the completion of the ceremony the couple, happily, one could almost say eagerly, moved down the corridor to the royal bedchamber to complete the ceremonial requirements and consummate the life bond.

Four hours later the couple emerged and moved to the High Lord’s audience chamber where two thrones sat on a dais. Side by side and hand in hand they moved from the bedchamber, through the corridors and onto the thrones.

The time had come to comply with the laws and customs of New Krypton.

The Council had been alerted of their leaving the bedchamber and after meeting them in the corridor, followed them into the audience chamber.

Once they were seated, Lord Trey approached and said, “Lord Ching-Ka and Lady Zara Ching-Ka we welcome you and await your pleasure.”

Ching addressed the assembly, “Lords of the Council of Elders we wish to hear your petitions.”

Lord Trey said, “We have only two petitions to bring before you. Lord Nor-Na stands accused and convicted of High Treason by this council which has sentenced him to death in the prescribed fashion.”

Zara spoke up, “Are there any extenuating circumstances which would mitigate this sentence?”

“None, My Lady.”

Ching replied, “It is the decision of the High Lord that on the recommendation of the Council of Elders the sentence of death be carried out and may Rao have mercy on Nor-Na.”

Zara asked, “Lord Trey, you have another petition?”

“We do, My Lady. Lord Jen-Mai, formerly a member of the Council of Elders stands accused and convicted of Conspiracy to commit High Treason and this council has sentenced him to death in the prescribed fashion.”

Zara spoke up, “Are there any extenuating circumstances which would mitigate this sentence?”

“None, My Lady.”

Ching replied, “It is the decision of the High Lord that on the recommendation of the Council of Elders the sentence of death be carried out and may Rao have mercy on Jen-Mai, former elder of New Krypton.”

Trey turned to the Chief of the guards and directed, “The Council of Elders has decreed a sentence of death to Nor-Na. The High Lord has affirmed the sentence. You will send a detachment to conduct Nor-Na to the place of execution immediately.”

The Chief of the Guards had never been through these formalities before, but had anticipated and prepared for his role in this drama. He signaled to a subordinate who had been prepared for his part and he departed.

Again Trey addressed the Chief of the guards and directed, “The Council of Elders has decreed a sentence of death to Jen-Mai. The High Lord as affirmed the sentence. You will send a detachment to conduct Lord Jen-Mai to the place of execution immediately.”

The Chief of the Guards signaled another subordinate who had also been prepared who immediately departed on his mission.

Zara and Ching both arose and Ching said, “Lord Trey and members of the Council. We will repair to the chamber of execution that we may witness the end of this drama as is required by the laws of New Krypton.” Ching held out his hand and Zara placed hers over it and they led the procession as the Council of Elders followed to the chamber of execution.

Several minutes after they were in place, Nor-Na was led in, still in manacles.

He was brought to a halt in front of the assembly.

Trey addressed him, “Nor-Na, it is the decision of this Council that you stand convicted of High Treason. The High Lord has approved that sentence. Do you have any final words for this council or the High Lord?”

With a sneer in his tone, Nor looked directly at Ching and Zara as he replied, “I do not recognize your authority to affirm the sentence of the Council.”

At a signal from Ching the guard forced Nor into the device of execution.

Zara stated, “It does not matter that you do not recognize our authority. You stand condemned. The sentence will be carried out.”

Trey signaled the executioner who activated a switch and within a minute Nor had ceased to exist.

The scene was repeated with Jen-Mai with the exception that Jen-Mai was blubbering and begging for mercy. The sentence was carried out nonetheless.

Once Jen-Mai had disappeared, Ching turned to the Council and said, “I thank the Council for following the laws and traditions of New Krypton. Lords Gan-Ce and Trey, if you would please accompany us back to the Council Chamber. We wish to discuss continued diplomatic relations with Earth as proposed by Lord Kal-El. We should have something arranged before we break orbit to return to New Krypton.”

Lois and Clark were summoned from the surface and they joined the group in the Council Chamber.

Zara asked, “Did the other members of your family make it out okay?”

“Yes, Herb made several trips taking them to their various destinations. I trust that they have suffered no ill effects from their time here. I must say, it was interesting having them here.”

“No less for us.”

Zara said, "The reason we asked you to join us is for the purpose of setting up a diplomatic mission here on Earth. How would you suggest that we proceed?"

Lois said, "Lady Zara, we have given this matter some consideration and we feel that a minimal presence, at least for the time being would be warranted. We would suggest that whoever you select be provided with clothing from Earth so that their presence is not so obvious. The person you select will need to be of high moral character so that the possession of the powers does not tempt them to attempt to rule. If that were to happen, we would be forced to take the appropriate steps to stop them." At this point, Lois looked directly at Gan-Ce and continued, "Perhaps an elder statesman, a trusted member of the Council of Elders would be most appropriate."

Trey looked at Gan-Ce and asked, "What say you, Lord Gan-Ce? Would you be willing to serve as representative of New Krypton to Earth?"

"My Lord Trey, I am honored that you would consider an old man like me for this post, but how could I?"

Lois replied, "Lord Gan-Ce, it was through your intervention that this conflict was honorably resolved. Your courage in bucking Jen-Mai and Nor brought it to an end and prevented a travesty of justice. I can think of no one better qualified to hold the post of Ambassador to Earth."

Clark added, "A side benefit of this assignment would be the acquisition of the powers. You will no longer be calling yourself an old man."

Zara added, "Lord Gan-Ce you will need a small staff. Unless I am greatly mistaken your son Lan-Ce's birth wife Shiga, has the requisite skills to organize an office and your son, Lan-Ce, would be an able assistant. We have the advantage of knowing, from the testimony of your granddaughter, just how honorable her parents, your children are. They would be worthy representatives of New Krypton on the surface. Might I suggest that their bonding ceremony be conducted as soon as possible?"

Clark addressed Trey again, "Lord Trey, I have the ship that my father, Jor-El sent me to earth in. If you had it, Gen-Ta and the Science Council could analyze the drive he invented. I have it on good authority that it will shorten the transit time between Earth and New Krypton by almost 80 percent. That will facilitate the interactions between the two planets."

Trey was truly astonished. “Lord Kal-El, you are most generous. How can we repay you?”

“Lord Trey, as I said before, both of our planets will benefit from open trade.” With a knowing smile he continued, “Some of the younger residents of New Krypton may even find their life mates on the planet below and if they do, those individuals will acquire the same powers that their mates enjoy. It is also possible that once that has happened, New Krypton could have its own resident superhero.”

Trey turned to Gan-Ce and asked, “What say you, Lord Gan-Ce?”

Gan-Ce placed his closed fist over his heart and gave a small bow as he said, “I am the humble servant of the Council. It would be an honor to serve New Krypton in this fashion.”

Lois spoke up, “I assume that you will need to travel back to New Krypton so that you can bring your family back. While you are away we will see to the acquisition of a suitable residence and have it prepared for when you return. Would you like to reside near our national capitol?”

Gan-Ce turned to Lois and replied, “If it would please you, I think a house somewhere near your residence would be desirable.”

Clark replied, “Perhaps accommodations can be found in the same building that houses the Superman Foundation. They will be acting as intermediaries so that would be most appropriate.”

Gan-Ce replied, “I bow to your wisdom in this matter. Thank you. If you will excuse me, I must go consult with those of my family that are aboard and apprise them of these developments.”

After Gan-Ce had departed, Trey addressed Kal-El, “How can we make reparation for the damage done by Nor and his followers?”

“New Krypton does not as yet have what could be called a thriving economy. You are still in the process of establishing yourselves on the planet. I would propose that you allow Lord … no, Ambassador Gan-Ce negotiate those details once he is installed in his office.” He turned to Ching and continued, “He will need some documents asserting his authority, from the high Lord, to conduct negotiations in the name of New Krypton.”

“We will have the appropriate documents prepared. I am sure that there is information in the archives on documents of that nature.”

Trey said, “If you will excuse me, I will go and begin the search for the appropriate documents. If Gan-Ce decides to stay and simply send for his family, he will need them before we break orbit.” Finishing his statement, Trey bowed and left.

That left only Zara, Lois, Ching and Clark. Zara put an arm around Lois’ waist and said, “Why don’t we go to our private chambers,” and led the way out.

Once in the royal chambers they sat as couples on a couple of divans facing each other.

Zara visibly relaxed. “I was raised in the royal family, but I never dreamt that all of this formality would be so draining.”

Lois smiled and said, “You did just fine. You took to it like a duck takes to water.”

“Duck. What is a duck?”

Lois chuckled and replied, “A duck is a small water fowl. It swims on the surface of bodies of water.”

“Ah, yes, we have a similar animal on New Krypton.”

Lois smiled and said, “I’m sure you can handle it, but if you have any problems, now you know karate.”

Zara laughed and said, “I don’t know how much call I’ll have to practice that.”

Getting back to a more practical matter, Clark asked, “How much longer will you remain in orbit?”

Zara looked at Ching and asked, “What do you think?”

He replied, “I think we could afford to remain for at least a couple of days.”

Lois had a mischievous look as she said, “I think you need to give Perry your notice otherwise he will put in a missing person report and have the police hunting for you.”

Zara smiled, “I had forgotten all about Perry and the Planet. Do you think I should tell him why I’m leaving?”

“Hmmmm, let me see. ‘Perry, I’m leaving so that I can rule another planet.’ I don’t know that he would believe you.”

Zara started to laugh, “I don’t think I would if I was him and I know it’s the truth.”

Lois reached down and placed her hands on her breasts and said, “It’s time for me to go feed the baby. I guess we’ll see you guys later.”

After leaving the ship they returned to Smallville.

When they walked into the house the first one they saw was Carrie. “Mommy! Daddy!”

“Hi Sweetheart, how’s our girl?”

“I’m fine and so is Penny. Penny’s asleep.”

With a pained expression Lois said, “I think I’m going to have to wake her up. I need to feed her.” Lois headed upstairs while Clark and Carrie went into the living room joining Jonathan and Martha. When Clark sat on the sofa Carrie crawled up in his lap and Clark wrapped his arms around her.

“Daddy, did the bad men go away?”

“Yes, Carrie, the bad men have gone away. We don’t have to worry about them anymore.”

“All of the other people went home?”

“Yep, they all went home. It’s just us now.”

“Daddy, when I grow up will I wear a suit like them?”

“Carrie, honey, I think you just might, but don’t rush things, okay? You have a lot of growing to do.”

“Okay, but I know what colors I want. I want to look like that girl. I want that color blue and purple.”

“You may just get your wish.”

“Who was she?”

“Oh, I think you’ll find out eventually.” Clark pulled her into a hug. “Just enjoy this time with us. Grammy and Grandpa Kent want their little girl around for a long time.”

After a short time Lois came downstairs carrying Penny. She sat next to Clark and Carrie and asked, “Carrie, honey, do you want to hold Penny?”

“Oh, Mommy, can I?”

Lois smiled and said, “I think you’ve earned it. Put your arms out. That’s right, just like that. Now be careful with her.”

“I will, mommy. I’ll take the bestest care of her.”

“I know you will, honey. You already have. You have to be the very best big sister ever. Look, she’s smiling at you.”

Carrie looked at Penny and said, “Don’t you worry. No bad man will hurt you. I’ll protek you always.”

Lois gave Clark a knowing look as Carrie said this then Lois said, “We know you will honey. We know you will.”

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 04/29/14 01:25 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj