Well, what do you think?

#100170 04/17/14 07:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper jawdrop He's posted again, already! /runs off to read.../

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#100171 04/17/14 08:01 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark's 'fight' with the football players was great. As was the 'unfortunate accident' their car suffered afterward. :p

Clark is Lois' hero now. smile

Looking forward to the next part.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
#100172 04/17/14 08:34 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I'm back. I just went and read that link Framework posted in Part 6 FDK and watch that amazing video about RFK's visit to Japan. hyper I loved Clark having those guys look like complete idiots by just avoiding them. This Aikido technique really worked wonders for him. Using their own lack of knowledge against them. Dad's not going to be happy with Tom if he loses out on his football chances because of a stupid fight.

“As far as I’m concerned, there was no fight here,” Clark said. “Tom tripped and I helped him up.”
I could see them accuse Clark of attacking them, but how would it look if one man was able to defeat 6 football players?

“This won’t be the end of it,” he said under his breath as he came up beside her, his face outwardly calm. As soon as they were pas t the crowd, he grimaced. He muttered, almost inaudibly. “Two more months. It couldn’t have waited two more months?”
What's happening in two months? Lois heading to Ireland or Clark able to graduate?

Lois stared at the damage to her car; in the dim light she couldn’t see whether any of the shoe polish had gotten onto her paint, but she knew what that would mean. Permanently etching any of those hurtful words on her car would mean she’d have to get her father involved. The car would have to be repainted and her father would want to prosecute the people involved.
Good-bye journalism major. Hello Dr. Lois Lane.

Something came flying through the air heading directly for them, and suddenly Lois found her vision obscured.

Clark’s hand was in front of her face holding a full beer bottle. For a moment Lois couldn’t understand where he’d gotten it. It took her a second to understand that Tom had actually thrown a beer bottle so that it would hit her in the head.
Drinking and driving. Not good, Tom. I thought at first it would be a Molotov cocktail or something to explode her car. Just a beer bottle makes more sense.

He looked at the bottle in his hand, and then he grimaced. He stared into the darkness, and then threw the bottle, which disappeared into the night.

“That’s just going to make a mess,” Lois said.

“I know,” Clark said. For some reason he chuckled.
Uh-oh. What'd you do, Clark? Broken beer bottle at the CostMart store parking lot? Broken beer bottle on the Church's front walk of their house?

Lois stared at the side of the road as she slowly pulled past. Tom Church’s Trans-Am was pulled over by the side of the road with both back wheels flat. Somehow, the rear window had completely shattered. The boys were all standing outside the car staring at the vehicle.
clap Clark! How did the back wheels get flattened?

When the cops arrive are the football players going to get in trouble due to the beer? Or is Daddy going to clean up the mess? /I'm think the latter./

Clark began to roll the window down.

“Clark!” Lois said. After what they’d done she was in no mood to offer them any assistance. As far as she was concerned, they could walk all night through the suicide slums.
It was just like Clark to offer them assistance, though. laugh But since he threw the beer bottle through the back window, I doubt he'd go there.

She heard the sounds of two small explosions; a sudden look showed her that the front tires had somehow blown out as well.
Clark! Watch out for that Karma, yourself, bad boy!

“This won’t be the end of it,” Clark said after a moment. His smile faded. “Monday, things could go one of two ways. The team could pretend nothing happened, or they’ll go to the coach and principal and start making accusations.”
Either way, they weren't out of the woods yet. If they didn't make a stink, Lois could still be in danger. If they did, both their educations could be in danger.

He was silent for a long moment, and he didn’t look up. “I wanted something where I could learn to not hurt people. Aikido is as much about protecting the other guy as it is about defending yourself.”
Oh, Clark. I just want to hug him. Will he ever find out what happened back in Kansas to that other guy? Or does he already know the outcome?

In her experience with Tae Kwon Do, it wasn’t just expensive in terms of money. Getting good took a lot of time and dedication, and from what she’d seen, Clark looked very good. It was hard to see how he’d have time to keep up, given what she knew of his schedule.

“It was important to me.”

His tone of voice didn’t invite any questions, and so Lois let it lie, no matter how many questions it raised in her mind.
Yeah. I doubt that's something he's going to share, now or anytime in the near future.

Thanks for posting again so soon and letting us out of our misery. notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#100173 04/18/14 12:47 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
dance Yay for the fast post and for Clark making the players look like a bunch of idiots!!!

(Okay, apologies to football players who aren't big jerks, it's not even the entire team here, but the bullies certainly do make their mark!)

Clark has matured a lot since Vagabond, he has so much more confidence now. I'm betting some of that is due to the better control of his abilities (aikido is definitely a good way to go!), but also in large part to Charlie helping him learn to be self sufficient.

As are the others, I'm curious about the 2 months remark! Maybe that's when the statute of limitations runs out on whatever he did (or thinks he did) in Kansas?

And then there's Lois. If that girl isn't completely smitten after a rescue like that, she needs to turn in her teenage girl card. sloppy

#100174 04/18/14 02:07 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I think the "two months" refers to something about Clark, maybe his supposed 18th birthday, which would insulate him from the legal system in both New Troy and Kansas? I assume we'll find out soon.

Another outstanding chapter, Shayne. I really like the way you've made a small change in alt-Clark's backstory and made this a completely natural and logical alternate path. And Clark's desire to learn Aikido is also completely logical, given that it was designed with the safety of the attacker in mind as much as being a form of self-defense ( here is an interesting Wikipedia article). That aspect of Aikido was something I didn't know before reading this tale. Shayne, your stories are indeed educational.

I wonder if the police will come to ask our young Mr. Kent and Ms. Lane what happened that night? Clark would try to downplay the incident, of course, but if Lois got angry about the fuzz hassling her friend and giving Joe a free pass, she might say or do something unfortunate. And we still don't know what, if anything, has happened to Charlie King.

I wonder where Clark is taking Lois to clean the car? Maybe he knows some fairly stable homeless dudes who could use a few extra bucks, or just owe Clark a favor for protecting them from the Mexican street gang. Maybe Lois will learn even more about her mystery "date" before the night is over.

Seems like the six football players wouldn't have had the time to mess up her car after pulling off their uniforms and pads and then showering, although that may have been why Clark and Lois met them where they did in the parking lot. Perhaps there are more than six in this conspiracy, which would mean that Lois is in more danger than either of them suspect. But Clark and Lois were delayed in the stadium, so the timeline makes sense. It would mean, though, that the Stupid Six had this all planned. Maybe the cops will find empty egg cartons and shoe polish bottles in the Trans-Am.

I like the quick posting schedule, too. Let's do this again in a couple of days, okay?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#100175 04/18/14 03:27 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Yes. YES. YES!! thumbsup

Shallowford
#100176 04/18/14 03:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No, not Bruce Lee - Steven Segal!!!

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#100177 04/18/14 05:46 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
I think the "two months" refers to something about Clark, maybe his supposed 18th birthday, which would insulate him from the legal system in both New Troy and Kansas? I assume we'll find out soon.
Is the issue less "legal" and more "keeping my nose clean while I have to stay in a halfway house"?

Shallowford
#100178 04/18/14 04:31 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
this was an awesome and completely satisfying installment. hungry for the next part!!!!!!!

#100179 04/18/14 05:23 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I assume the two months was how long it was for Clark before he is sixteen (eighteen?) and eligible to withdraw for high school early. For all we know he's been a model student and that would allow him to take college courses early.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#100180 04/18/14 08:10 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sorry I haven't been commenting more — life has been crazy. But I'm still reading it, and loving it!

Clark taking care of the bullies while concealing his abilities was priceless!

#100181 04/19/14 04:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This Clark seems even better at doing his good deeds in secret than canon Clark. Of course, he has more of a motive to be discreet.

I wonder if Charlie knows that Clark has powers by now. Of course, is Charlie even still alive?

#100182 04/20/14 06:52 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Sorry to be so behind on FDK. blush It's a wonderful story, such a great interaction between Lois and Clark. thumbsup The bullies looked like idiots and the onlookers learned, that Clark is not a looser, he just doesn't go around beating everybody to show he is a man. evil

I'm just surprised, that Lois hasn't made the connection between Bill Church and her missing photos yet. huh She probably will when she finds some time to sit down and think about the day's events. cool

Could you keep the posting schedule, please. grovel

KateB
#100183 04/20/14 02:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Three cheers for Clark! laugh

A gentleman and a fighter!

Tom Church's behavior is a recipe for disaster to himself and anyone that's foolish enough to follow him.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#100184 04/20/14 04:17 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I really enjoyed the after game confrontation.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard