Originally posted by Morgana:
My mother, sister and I used to love watching Graham Kerr cook!

And now...
[QB] In the morning, she awoke, but it had not been restful slumber. She simply lay there awake in bed for a time, thinking. The emotional upheaval that had prevented Hattie from getting her sleep had resolved itself, at least partially. She thought she had made a decision, but she still wasn’t sure that it was the right one. She decided to let circumstances decide the matter.
Stick to your guns and wait Hattie, you are an adult about everything else. Stop teasing the man.

She was still suffering from the hit her ego received when Kam-El apparently rejected her. Even though she now knows the truth, at the time it still hurt. She needed the reassurance.

“I know that and I also know that there probably is no way for it to happen, but if it did, I think we would handle it. If I had married Jon instead of Jen and had been made super as a result, well … I think I would have been ready, but there’s no way that will happen now and JJ’s from the wrong side of the family for that to happen, he’s an Olsen not a Kent.”
Yikes! Is Hattie having regrets about JJ?

NO! It’s just the realization that JJ is from the non-super side of the family.

Mystified, Hattie looked at him in disbelief. She snatched away the bag she was about to hand to him. She challenged, “’X’? That’s all you have for us, just a letter? ‘X’ could stand for anything. You’ve gotta do better than that.” With a look of defiance, she deliberately reached into the bag, pulled out a fry and stuck it into her mouth and chewed.
Hey! Stop eating those fries! Not only are they Graham's payment and also add pounds. You want to fit into that wedding gown don't you?

The first one was deliberate. The others, she just wasn’t thinking.

JJ smiled to himself, he had just decided where to take Hattie for dinner.
I like JJ a lot, but he seems more like a supporting character than a full partner to Hattie. Hopefully in the next few parts his character will play a greater role than as a foil for her. confused

Give him time.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj