In a strongly written and powerful story, this is probably your best chapter yet. Clark and Rachel desperately needed to talk, about their feelings towards each other and what the future might bring.

Rachel looked away from him, shuffling her feet uncomfortably. “I actually didn’t want to talk to you in front of the cameras. Pete and Lana … well …”

“They think I was cheating on you, don’t they? They’re mad at me because of Lois.”
The late tribute, Lois Lane seems to stand in their path ALMOST more than anything else. The Clark before the Games was a decent and kind person, the Clark afterward is still decent and kind, but terribly scarred. Poor Rachel, she has no idea what Clark endured in the arena and now that she's over the age to be reaped she will never understand. (Not that I want her to suffer such a fate.)

It is so sad that Rachel could not maintain a friendship with Clark. His reasons for not marrying are sound and right. He would need a friend to help him ease into this 'new life' that being a victor will force him into leading. At this moment, she is suffering from deep sadness at the loss of a friend and jealously over a rival she cannot defeat.

Wait a second! Murders ... Lois is dead.

Amazing chapter....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.