Is it too obvious to say that a lot has happen in this chapter?

So if Lumen is an original character, Lysander must be as well? confused

The next three days passed with no confrontations between the surviving tributes. The Careers spent hours trying to hunt down their competitors, but much to their frustration, Lois and Clark managed to evade them. Even when, on the second night after the fire, they found the cave that their rivals had been sleeping in, there was no sign of them. They didn’t know how they were able to do it, but the tributes from Districts 3 and 9 were always one step ahead of them.
Clark is using his abilities in a stealthy manner; he wanted to keep himself and Lois out of the hands of the Career alliance. From the sounds of it, they are clumsy and full of themselves. Not a good combination for them or our favorite duo.

Though she was growing weak from hunger, Lois was still capable of assisting in the raid, especially with the promise of food if they were successful. Quietly, they made their way around the lake. When they drew near to the Cornucopia, just after sunrise, they crouched in the brush, waiting and listening to make sure that the Careers were, in fact, absent.
Hmmm, Lois hungry, desperate and determined is a dangerous combination. Clark was correct in asking her to stay behind, in this situation she would only slow him down. Honestly, they should have made their move at sunset. People, especially untried youths such as the tributes are, tend to lower their guard at sunset.

Both fight sequences were frightening! But the sentence below really had me biting my nails.

His attack was a simple one that he had used on other occasions with great success. He rapidly closed the distance and began an overhead cut directed at her head with the sword while, simultaneously, he started a sideways slicing cut at her midsection with the knife. If she defended against the sword cut, he would disembowel her. If she defended against the knife, he would cleave her skull to the shoulders.
The battle description between Lysander (by the way, love that name!) and Lois was fantastic! I could smell the combatant's sweat and feel the streamers rake against his skin. For a brief moment in time I was in the arena with them ... scared out of my wits! help

With a startled expression on his face and a scream of rage on his lips, Lysander stumbled backwards several paces. When his heel caught on a root, he fell backwards, heavily, landing with a thud. He let out a choked cry as his body gave a convulsive jerk. A second later, the sword fell from his nerveless fingers.
Ok... I do not believe that the knife stood up straight from the ground so that Lysander impaled himself on it. huh Despite the fact that it flew through the air end over end.... Sorry guys, but that is a plot hole so big even Big Foot could walk through it.

Poor Clark... he thinks he's responsible.

I await next Saturday's installment.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.