Happy ending, yay! <waffy sigh>

I love that he expected her to snoop around his room <g> And the comment about them making new Christmas memories was very well-done. Yes, Lois, this "love" thing is gonna be available for more than a few months :p Not surprising that she doubts it, though, so I'm glad he spelled it out for her.

More seriously, Lois hasn't really known how to react to Clark in previous parts, but when he really needs her, she knows it, and knows she needs to be his support. I also liked how the "whatever you can do is enough" line is what she tells *herself* about her job as a reporter. I can't remember seeing it put that way before, but it fits really well.

Love that she can articulate that Clark gives her hope, not just as Superman, but as (what he thinks of as) his true self. It took her a while to work it out, but she's not nearly as shallow as he's feared. Good to see him recognize that.

Thanks! Really enjoyed this, and it was fun reading about all the snow in July goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K