Oh, wow! Earth open up and swallow him whole! That was exactly what he didn't need at that moment. smile1

Interesting parallels you made between Lori and Clark's relationship and between Clark and Lois's relationship. About how secrets and lies (omissions) kept him and Lori from being together, and how those same things might keep him and Lois apart.

Yes, it wasn't very nice of Lori to make a sudden appearance at Clark's work and announce such things as if only a day had passed since he proposed. It was great to see a different girlfriend in this scenario (apart from the usual Lana cameo). I like how Clark never considered getting back together with Lori because she never considered his feelings in the matter, or that their time apart (or the way she had dumped him) wouldn't influence how he felt. Had Lori expected Clark to be pining away for her during the last 7 years?

Lois had bashed his heart in very similarly manner during BatP and yet, he never fell out of love with her. I'm glad you had Lois call to Clark's attention that she might end up being discarded like Lori someday. I also like how you showed Clark's thought processes on why he should tell Lois the truth about him, up front, instead of waiting to see if their relationship worked out. At least, she'll have an extra reason not to be attracted to Dan Sardino. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.