I'll elaborate on Patrick's question: What drug are they giving her and what brainwashing techniques are they using? How could they effect such a huge change in her in so short a time? I wonder if the fact that lady's-made-Martha has the same name as Lois' mother-in-law will help snap Lois out of her mental state, or whether it's a fake name that Lex had told the woman to assume as part of his mind-games with Lois.

And I thought things looked bleak for the two of them in the last part.

The one ray of hope is that the are located near each other. If Lois can get through the dumbwaiter, overcome everyone, disable the panic button, free Cla...OK, this is looking less feasible by the minute. Hmmm... Could Clark still have enough control of his body to tweak his vital stats into appearing worse than they actually are? No?

Maybe Perry will have figured out that CK=S, and that his star reporters direly need his help, and he and Henderson will rescue them somehow?

Any chance of your tightening your posting schedule, Bob? This is an awful place to leave your gentle readers (not to mention Lois and Clark)! I'll tell you what I tell my son: You made the mess. You clean it up! (Please? I take heart in the fact that there hadn't been any WHAM or deathfic warning when you started posting the story.)

I agree with Ken's earlier post. This is really looking more and more like the Kobayashi Maru. I just hope there's a James T. Kirk in the bushes somewhere.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., You've captured John Shea's rendition of Lex perfectly.